Freelancer - From CTT to Launch (balances, and changes)

4 days left to freelancer can’t wait

9 Likes

For some reason I read that and imagined it being said to the tune London Bridge Is Falling Down, and since it’s a countdown, that means it’s like those commercials in Halloween 3: Season of the Witch.

Four more days ‘til Free-lanc-er, Free-lanc-er, Free-lanc-er. Four more days ‘til Free-lanc-er, let’s play Hitman!

4 Likes

well im just excited to play it since the many delays

3 Likes

So close… less than 100 hours😌

7 Likes

So glad I took the day off from work on Thursday :wink:

5 Likes

Sorry guys :joy:

9 Likes

Why sorry? I’d say thank you. :grin:

2 Likes

Why would you say thank you to a terrible change? Now you can’t KO a suspect that you know isn’t the target and hide the body. You have no choice but to leave it in the open and risk it being found, and given that Freelancer has many new NPCs on new routes - you can’t be certain that leaving a body anywhere isn’t going to have some random person walk in and see it.

4 Likes

You could kill them and hide the body. If you don’t care too much about Merces or isn’t too big a penalty

2 Likes

We all know by now that @47saso47 thinks that if you’re not playing Hitman like this then you might as well not be playing it at all:

giphy

6 Likes

Well i didn’t play the CTT, but why would you even bother ko’ing someone you know isn’t the target? Please enlighten me.

1 Like

I’m actually on @47saso47‘a side for this one. Elaboration, please?

2 Likes

Same reason you’d knock out any character - to get them out of the way. The routes that the suspects take may overlap each other so to get a clean area where you can operate, you may want to remove some of the non-target suspects from the field of play, as it were…

14 Likes

As @schatenjager said - but also because the suspects all carry phones which can be used to summon all other suspects that have the same meeting type as the suspect you obtained the phone from to a specific spot. So you can lure your target to a specific, isolated area (or use it as a tactic to reduce the number of suspects in a very short period of time based on who shows up to the meeting or not).

Not being able to hide the bodies is going to mean the phones aren’t going to be used often (if at all) because of the risks that now come with obtaining one. If a lookout finds the body, you’re screwed.

8 Likes

Yeah, but thrison was making it sound like knocking out a suspect is a must. It’s not. So if it’s too much of a hassle now, then don’t do it. Try another strategy.

So, don’t knock one out until you can get them somewhere that you can hide the body without putting it in a container. Hide it in another room, in some foliage, behind an obstacle. Don’t do it a lot, do one and take one burner phone. Or, just plain don’t knock any out. If I recall correctly, you’re able to mark the status of suspects to keep in mind, and ones you discount. Just mark ones that aren’t the target as such and only kill the real one. I’d you had to knock out and hide some others, you can then put the bodies in containers.

1 Like

Ok makes sense. So if they changed it to avoid putting suspects that aren’t the target in bins, what could work? There has to be a way to put non target suspects into bins without killing them but at the same time avoid the exploit of of not doing the proper recon to find the target.

Another option could be you should auto fail the mission if you hide the body of the target

Or

A way to still kill a ko’d npc that’s in a bin. Maybe you have to use an explosion to kill anyone that’s in a bin/closet/whatever.

2 Likes

Obviously, you always have the option of Not knocking out any suspects. It’s never mandatory and that’s not what I suggested. I only suggested a reason why you might want to knock one out.

1 Like

The point is though, with new NPCs and new routes - there is no guarantees that anywhere is safe because some have points where their route will fork and and they’ll randomly go in one direction, but the next time they get to that fork, they’ll go somewhere else. Plus when suspects go to meetings not triggered by the players, there’s numerous spots on the maps that are usually void of any NPCs that they’ll go to as well for the meeting.

There’s too much randomness for anywhere to be deemed safe to hide a body without a container.

So just pretend an entire element of the Showdown missions (the phones) doesn’t exist? Yeah, that’s a clear sign that this change is terrible and needs to be revisited.

5 Likes

Dude, after all the guff you gave last week in the argument about the conflicting objectives, you don’t have grounds for stating what’s a terrible decision and needs to be revisited, for one. For two, the burners are a bonus, not a major aspect of it. If it were, IOI wouldn’t have changed it so that you couldn’t knock out the possible suspects. Hell, until this discussion, I didn’t even know they were a thing. Guess this is the part where IOI’s plans to make it different from the maingame and challenging, and you needing to plan ahead and proceed carefully with no guarantee of success, comes into play.

1 Like

Because it’s not unheard of for IO to make changes without thinking through the wider impacts at all… :roll_eyes:

Not at all relevant to this - because your thing is a perceived issue. This is an actual issue that discourages the player from ever using a specific gameplay element that is new and unique to this mode. There is no way that a player can prepare and plan ahead for a random NPC path that could lead to someone walking into an area no NPC would ever walk into on their own otherwise to discover a body and cause a ripple effect of chaos that could lead to the suspects fleeing and the player failing.

Unless IO wants players to sit there in Showdown missions for hours and hours learning every possible fork in every NPCs path before doing anything and then having that information become useless in the next Showdown on the map because different new NPCs and paths were chosen by the game.

4 Likes