Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

I just don’t like taking random npcs out it doesn’t feel the same to the main missions like ET are great bc there unique but from what they showed they showed random npcs that 47 was hunting down just kinda hope they are fully developed targets with just randomised paths like the fugitive

1 Like

Queue me collecting every item/weapon in the mission to ensure it’s back at the safehouse :joy:

How do we think the Safehouse will work in relation to unlocks within the main game? Presumably these won’t be included and only weapons/equipment collected in FreeLancer mode will be available within the safehouse.

9 Likes

Sounds like there’ll be a lot to delve into, customization wise.

Given that this spans the entire trilogy, I wonder if it’ll be restricted to people who own all 3, or it tailors based on what locations you own.

It’s customisable and allows you to choose exactly what type of Hitman you are (or want Agent 47 to be!). As you progress through Freelancer, more areas of the Safehouse can be unlocked and new customisation options will become available.

Campaign missions have been reworked to fit the Freelancer mode. For example, locations will have new NPC types, that can either help or hinder your progress. Suppliers will offer a selection of weapons and items that you can acquire to increase your chances of success, whereas other NPCs will alert Leaders and make your job more difficult. In addition to these NPCs, there are several other elements that will make the Freelancer campaigns unique. You’ll be able to find safes, hidden stashes and even other NPC Assassins…

Consumables, such as explosives or poison syringes, will also need to be restocked, since there’s no supply from the ICA in Freelancer.

We’re excited about Freelancer giving players a persistent and infinitely replayable experience that is entirely their own; from customising their safehouse to match their style or mood, configuring and strategically planning for campaigns through to picking a playstyle with all of their gear on the line.

Hyped for alllll of this

5 Likes

Unlike the main Hitman campaign, your gear in Freelancer is not persistent. Anything you bring on a mission and don’t bring back to the safehouse, will be lost. (If you thought you were attached to your Silverballer before, wait until you’ve left it in Dartmoor and it’s gone. For good.) Looking for gear at a Supplier is one way to restock your inventory, or replace a lost treasure.

Consumables, such as explosives or poison syringes, will also need to be restocked, since there’s no supply from the ICA in Freelancer.

Most exciting part for me.

Everything I wished for is here : use of the 7DS mechanics, consequences between maps…

I hope one of the random mission will be a generalist “eliminate X number of a certain category of guard to weaken the criminal organisation”, Gluttony was one of my favourite concept in the 7DS collection

9 Likes

#HichkasForBestTopicCreator2022

4 Likes

I always wanted to combine The Sims and Hitman :heart_eyes:

17 Likes

This sounds absolutely dope, and I do like how it seems to show what I’ve been saying; that 47 going freelance is going to be far more difficult, more rugged, less finesse, than it was while having the ICA to do the background work. Hopefully this will satisfy those who think that was a good thing, because admittedly this looks fun as hell, while also showing the necessity for Diana to reestablish the ICA down the road. But, for the time in between, I love how this looks like it’s multiple campaigns like Patient Zero and Sarajevo Six, combined with the Elusive Target concept in the final stage with the last target. This can’t come soon enough!

5 Likes

Except in Hitman you can’t build a room with a burning stove to create a fire accident. :fire:

8 Likes

This is from the ‘Hitman 3 mega wishlist’ topic (old forum)

Really great that IO implemented it whether they saw this or not.

10 Likes

All i need now to be happy are the Numbers under the Barcode… Oh and Codename 47 HD Remaster for Consoles.

19 Likes

What a pity, I would have love to see 47 freak out while his house is on fire :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Really opening up for a tease there, @MrOchoa, but since I can’t let go of the fact that they killed the ICA, I’m not one to talk.

2 Likes

The available campaigns names :

• The Gamemaster | The Pied Piper | The Programmer | The Playmate | The Transporter | The Disrupter | The Facilitator | Dark Psykonaut | The White Spider | The Chemist | The Codebreaker | The Malevolent | The Host | The Caretaker

• Crimes : organ harvesting / fixers / espionage / human experimentation / weapon trafficking / occult / human trafficking / financial crime / assassins

Corner the leader makes me think of The Lee Hong Assassination, that had three missions beforehand.

41 Likes

The mode looks cool (the customizable safehouse at least), but I´m wondering how exactly will the target generation work. I choose the location in the casefile and it will be what exactly? The exact same setting and NPCs as in the campaign, but some of them or some extra ones that will be roaming around as targets? Kinda like in the ETs, S6, or Ghost Mode? :thinking:

Edit: Ok, this somewhat answers it…
Campaign missions have been reworked to fit the Freelancer mode. For example, locations will have new NPC types, that can either help or hinder your progress. Suppliers will offer a selection of weapons and items that you can acquire to increase your chances of success, whereas other NPCs will alert Leaders and make your job more difficult. In addition to these NPCs, there are several other elements that will make the Freelancer campaigns unique. You’ll be able to find safes, hidden stashes and even other NPC Assassins…

3 Likes

A few things from the reveal.

First the map show a bunch of icons next to the location, some are shown to represent suppliers/shop. So you deciding the order of the mission will also come from this factor (I would guess that some map will have more shops, maybe some will have none).
Maybe some locations will have specialized shops (want a sieger 3000 ? only on some map).

I wonder what the others are (fixers for smuggle point, maybe intel).
I also wonder if it will be possible to go freely on a map, with no mission, just go to Sapienza to do a bit of shopping.

I mean the gameplay show both a target icon on the minimap and an exit prompt. (unless it’s because it’s on alpha)

Nonetheless, I’m actually excited to see that we will have more gameplay loop in missions. To also take some time off, stroll through the public area of the map, doing some shopping and not “just” going for the target and exiting.

I mean I already was launching maps just to walk in them, but now it will be with purpose.

17 Likes

So excited! I am really curious by other assassins in the map. Whether they are out to get you or the target.

Could be cool if there was a sniper on the map looking out for you

1 Like

It was only the reveal? The full trailer will come when it’s about to be released… There’s no need to release all the information on it right now.

1 Like

As someone big into roguelikes this definitely reads more “inspired by roguelikes” instead of a roguelike mode. You are essentially wagering gear on each mission with the gear all having associated monetary costs/difficulty in acquiring through vendors. The closest comparison in an existing modern game would be Dead by Daylight.

That’s still a good thing, though. I just think it’s silly that failure conditions are so standardised in gaming with any possibility aside from save reloading (either to a checkpoint or depending on game wherever you like) generally going unused- So “like a roguelike” is the only way IOI have to describe it.

Kind of like how nearly every game with melee combat is described as “like Dark Souls” at some point, and up until a few years ago every open world game was “GTA/Skyrim with ____”

3 Likes

Are the targets random already in game npcs tho

I wonder if these codenames refer to the types of NPCs encountered.

Occult could use Patient Zero cult NPCs (or re-textured versions of them that isn’t owned by SE)

1 Like