Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

I hope there will be some referencesto the ICA’s end on some missions.

2 Likes

yay!! can’t wait to customize the house and add lucas’ ashes <3 /hj

5 Likes

Is there any mention if this mode is free or purchased with a year 2 pass?

2 Likes

I can’t wait for an option to flush them down the toilet. :B

9 Likes

See how they’re just random npcs this would be the only thing that would bring it down for me but if they do well with unique targets I’ll be very happy

3 Likes

They kind of have to look like casual NPCs in order to blend in with the rest of the map I guess,
if you just saw someone looking very unique and you know the location already, you’d instantly know who they are

4 Likes

And id be fine with that it’s just I would want them to have one unique feature about them and that they have different routine to just having a normal npc

2 Likes

Wait until @Mini reads this :laughing:

10 Likes

Just noticed in the Dartmoor clip, they’re using the gloveless version of Imperial Classic, hopefully this means we can use any gloveless/hatless suit in any mission

4 Likes

Why would anyone want this? The Colorado Outfit without the goddamn Hat on the other side sounds good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

My heart is already broken, why make it worse? :pensive:

7 Likes

The imperial suit looks bad with gloves IMO :see_no_evil: but I like the gloves on the other suits!

1 Like

It did look like 47 is standing in front of a mirror and the player is choosing suits he wears. This may mean that, at least in Freelancer, we may have access to literally any suit to wear at any time. That’s my takeaway for the moment.

4 Likes

So what happens if we leave all our suits in the missions? :eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: i hope we do lose our suits if we don’t get them back, I bet it will only be weapons and gear though

7 Likes

What happens when you run out of suits

31 Likes

I love how the items get carried and lost. Reminds me of when I played Hitman 2 for the first time, I hadn’t played 2016 much and wasn’t fully used to the new stuff. In Nightcall I picked up just about everything I could find including the best of the weapon rack in the safe room. I thought I’d get to keep them for later and obviously it didn’t work- a small dissapointment. Seeing this actually happening is insane.

6 Likes

Yes or maybe customising them? Like you choose a suit and than you can add with or without gloves, with or without hat and so on.

5 Likes

You can go to the suppliers choosing “give me your clothes”

8 Likes
10 Likes

What I like about this concept most is that it is essentially a combination of new game campaigns like we wanted, and Elusive Targets, and a bit of Contracts mode thrown in. Add all that onto the level of customization, and this really does seem like an awesome mode that satisfies several things we all wanted, but mixed together. Doesn’t satisfy everything of course, and I am still hoping for at least one new genuine mission, but I’ll definitely get a lot of mileage out of this.

Storywise, I’m gonna assume that this does not take place in the past between his official missions for ICA, but after Untouchable, after he and Diana reconnect and decide to get back to work. I wonder how much involvement Diana will have. And does this mean that the Dartmoor Garden show takes place before, in between, or after these campaigns?

There’s so much to find out with this, spring needs to hurry the hell up!

10 Likes