Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

Yep. My first experience of it was some Dynasty Warriors Xtreme legends game. It was so much fun and so tense, and i think the way Hitman works it will be even better.

Just noticed that freelancer seems to be adding inventory capacity, if you look in the bottom left,

just below the item name it shows rarity, space and price. maybe the briefcase symbol represents something different but I, for one, would love to have this level of realism and really be forced to plan carefully. Has this already been noticed?

15 Likes

wow i never saw that part thanks dude

2 Likes

no problem !

twenty characters

1 Like

Oh, good lord, I hope not. The main game is so constrictive as it is. I could get really creative if I could bring more items in! If they’re gonna make Freelancer more restrictive with the gear, I say allow us to fill not just one ICA pickup per map in the main game, but as many as we wish to use.

3 Likes

I doubt we‘re with the ICA in freelancer. So the question is will there be any ica pick ups at all? Or will they just be non-ica pick up points?

2 Likes

When 47 and co. go rogue during the story, the ICA stash points usually mention bribing a random person, Olivia or Grey himself setting up the tools before 47’s arrival.

So, they might function in that same way (maybe you’ll need to use your own funds to secure large stash points before a mission)

6 Likes

Aren’t the contacts you can interact with and buy items from in-game (a video clip example was shown of a gardener in Dartmoor) supposed to replace ICA pick-ups?

2 Likes

Hmmm. This picture worries me. Why are there options on the top left? Escalation-like contracts?
Hope they are optional.

Follow the conditions and get rewarded, probably.

2 Likes

You make more money on the contract if you complete those conditions.

The no damage option is interesting, to me it either implies there are more methods of taking damage or larger guard presences.

Or it just acknowledges that a decent size of the player base likes to get into gun battles from time to time, or maybe it’s just a “gimmie” condition so that players are regularly earning at least 1 extra Monopoly money (or whatever it will be called).

1 Like

Merces i reckon

2 Likes

In the trailer the ICA logo is on the map that 47 looks at:

6 Likes

Oh, I hope that’s a hint that, as I’ve desired, 47 and Diana are planning to relaunch their own ICA and are using the money they make from these contracts to do so. More likely IO simply used a familiar symbol, as a way of paying respect to ICA, which 47 and Diana might do as well since they genuinely enjoyed working there, but I can dream.

10 Likes

Hmmmmmm

Assuming Freelancer mode takes place after the events of Hitman 3, this will be interesting? :thinking::thinking::thinking:

3 Likes

That’s the regular “contract” icon. The simplified ICA icon, while being similar, has some minor differences, most notably having a crown on the skull.

5 Likes

@Travis_IOI Will new items/weapons in Freelancer only be available in that mode?

3 Likes

Freelancer questions will be answered closer to the mode being released.

23 Likes