Game News Thread

I should clarify that I made that statement in regard to the leaked videos.
If the leaker actually has GTA 5 and 6 source code and assets and makes them public, this will be a much bigger deal for Rockstar.

1 Like

they’ve already dropped 10k lines of source code. that can’t be good.

2 Likes

Take Two hitsquads are probably already on their way to this guy and his entire family tree to make them disappear for good under mysterious circumstances. Give it a few weeks till the first thing we hear of this hacker is his body being found somewhere in the Florida swamplands. (Thus confirming Vice City as the new setting).

5 Likes
4 Likes

One of my top 10 saddest anime deaths :sob:

3 Likes

Unfortunately for the people who are eager to get ahold of GTA 6 a internal delay is imminent now. With the leaks being extensive with source code being in the wild for both GTA V and GTA 6. This will have severe ramifications for the overall development of GTA 6. It won’t outright destroy the project, but Rockstars Development team are gonna need to update their source code now so the game isn’t essentially compromised at launch by hackers especially with how piss poor their online element is in terms of protecting the players in a peer to peer lobby.

Addressing the Hacker who graced the internet with stolen assets and videos. It seems this is the same person who hacked Uber recently. That being said I wouldn’t be surprised if the hacker in question is a black hat and doesn’t get caught, but I’d be glad to be wrong for the sake of the developers that this affects.

3 Likes

Nothing else got leaked apart from the 90 videos from the developers’ Slack as far as I’m aware :thinking:
the hacker said he had assets and source code for both GTA 5 and 6 but nothing’s been happening with those, the guy is trying to get money out of Rockstar though and if they refuse he will leak those online

there are tweets about someone who apparently bought GTA 5’s code for bitcoins but idk if that’s actual news or just random fakes

2 Likes

At this point it could very well be real

That’s a massive ooffff for R* and Take2

Actually someone might have got screwed :rofl:

4 Likes

Oh no, poor R* :frowning: what game are they supposed to milk for the next 3 console generations? :weary:

8 Likes

14 Likes

Poor guys. It’s alright, they’ll sue a few modders and they’ll feel much better in no time :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Maybe for Take Two, but not Rockstar, they don’t deserve to have their hard work exposed and criticized by people who don’t even know what they’re talking about

7 Likes

It never ends

7 Likes

Where’s my Codename 47 HD Remaster Leak, IO? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

GTA6 will be bad, but not because it looks bad in extremely early leaked footage. It’s going to be bad because Rockstar are making it.

2 Likes

Yeah, they have a horrendous track record, right(?) :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

So do you think all Rockstar games are bad?

3 Likes

wrong thread, my man.

5 Likes

Yes, they make Bad Games.

Yeah pretty much. Well everything GTA4 and onwards at the very least.

1 Like

This you, mate? :smile:

3 Likes