Game News Thread

Yes, Cyberpunk > RDR2. Easily. Partly because I never got a fucking game over for failing to place a stick of dynamite in a manure pile.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/E1W6Su1YXLE

Related to the R* leak

RUMOR: The hacker on his telegram yesterday threatened that he would release part (or all) of an internal PDF design document for Grand Theft Auto 6 in the next day or so. This may include spoilers.
https://twitter.com/LegacyKillaHD/status/1572240482188824578

9 Likes

What a nincompoop

7 Likes

Too many ignorant fools out there.

10 Likes

This might be the cool silver lining to these leaks. I love seeing this peek into the creative process, seeing Joel running around a basic polygon world or a simple Lego-looking Thunderjaw in an early Horizon build. Of course, it helps to have a finished product (that you’ve played) to compare it to.

Also this early version of Control is fascinating. I wish the “Throw Me” dice had made it into the final game :grin:

https://twitter.com/bacon_sanwich/status/1572329874915721219

8 Likes

Honestly some of those unfinished environments could still work in the final Control with a bit of tweaking
haha :smile:

Still got that spooky and otherworldly tone.

And that outfit! Kinda goofy fashion-wise, but the physics are nice. Flowy skirt, button-up shirt, and dangly cloth bits for some nice cloth simulation

5 Likes

Reading about another Square Enix flop. I’m not even saying this as a Hitman fan, but man it did not seem like smart financial decisions dropping IO/Crystal Dynamics/Eidos Montreal lol.

5 Likes

this flop is quite sad when you see that the director for the project was the main director of metal gear rising revengeance. how the mighty have fallen

2 Likes

:clown_face:

7 Likes

And that’s why you shouldn’t feel bad for R* and Take2 because of the leak :slight_smile:

something something posted in wrong thread, my bad :smile:

12 Likes

And it is indeed precisely the reason why I didn´t/don´t feel bad for them :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I don’t get this, it’s their license, Nintendo does the same thing, and a few others, they have all the rights to not let you make those… besides the decision probably comes from Take Two more than Rockstar and that doesn’t justify leaking their work :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Ah yes, the most lovable gaming company out there :stuck_out_tongue:

Also why is it illegal to make and share your own original content that you made for a game, for free? As long as you’re not taking someone’s money for you’re creation, it shouldn’t be such an issue that a company / publisher needs to sends DMCA’s or sue some poor schmuck that made something. Especially since this is a game from 2008.
I’m guessing R* is working on their own Definitive Edition and they don’t want consumers to know that there are talented modders out there that can do a better job than them, for free.

2 Likes

i feel bad for the devs, for sure.

2 Likes

Sure but they’ll toughen up and continue work on the game, they won’t lose their job or anything. The modders that are dragged to court with expenses coming out of their pockets won’t have it as easy as them.

The devs that are affected by the leak are the little people of a company, the modders are less than that. Support the real little guy.

6 Likes

John Tobias, Ko-Kreator of Mortal Kombat showing the actual Sketch of the MK Dragon Logo which they digitized for the very first Game. I love Stuff like that.

7 Likes

Uh oh…

7 Likes

I dont understand the thinking behind this. If you’re going to change the story etc just make a new game instead.

On the other hand i cant wait to see Sam Fisher doing Fortnite dances

5 Likes

I don’t know the details, but I read some comments SC fans have made and they think it’ll be changing some countries allegances and conflicts, since quite a few reflect current situations right now and they’re probably trying to avoid whatever controversy where they can.

Or Fisher is gonna dab who knows

7 Likes

why can’t i support both the devs and the modders…?

i hope it’s just a modernisation to make it more relevant. like iron man.

tbf the og splinter cell’s story wasn’t exactly its best feature.

7 Likes