Game News Thread

I don’t know the details, but I read some comments SC fans have made and they think it’ll be changing some countries allegances and conflicts, since quite a few reflect current situations right now and they’re probably trying to avoid whatever controversy where they can.

Or Fisher is gonna dab who knows

7 Likes

why can’t i support both the devs and the modders…?

i hope it’s just a modernisation to make it more relevant. like iron man.

tbf the og splinter cell’s story wasn’t exactly its best feature.

7 Likes

I dont think I’ve ever played through any of the games… I remember the co-op in Chaos Theory being fun but thats about it. I was more of a Hitman Guy, even back then :grin:

2 Likes

Didn’t say you shouldn’t, just that related to my previous post, the modders have it rougher than the devs at R*.

2 Likes

How do you know about the developer’s situation? I did not read something about it yet. :thinking:

1 Like

All we know that they are gutted because of the leak, that’s for sure but in no way they are in danger of getting their wages cut, get fired or get sued. In due time, things will return to normal for them. Heck, hopefully the GTA 6 development won’t have to deal with crunch times.
The modders getting DMCAd for mods maybe even get sued (still plenty of mods out there that might be targeted by Take2)… nastier situation.

Depending on how successful R* is at pinning down the circumstances of the leak, mistrust could be applied to the climate of the developers, with tighter rules on communications.

If someone can be given the fault for the leak, that someone surely is sued and fired.

Whatever that “normal” is.

I have very high sympathies for the modders, I just dislike how one thing is put on a scale against another. It reads like the developers are given responsibility for what their legal department does, and the only way to fit a potentially bad working enviroment into this picture is to claim it can’t be as bad.

6 Likes

Fun fact one person featured here has defended human trafficker Andrew Tate. I am not going to tell you which one though…

Congratulations you can indeed support both the devs and modders, there is no reason why both can’t happen. Unlike most Gamers we are blessed with the ability for nuanced and rational thought and that means realising that devs are not responsible for a legal department’s decision.

Because you are using proprietary assets and technology that you have licensed but you don’t actually own with no permission from a developer or publisher. You don’t buy a game you merely buy the right to access that content through a media player.

In some cases like Rockstar they also don’t want people making mods that might bring about further reputational damage. Hot Coffee nearly destroyed the company and it might led to devastating impacts for the industry if it got worse than it did. Hence why Take2 makes Rockstar go after modders so hard that.

I dunno the devs at Rockstar sure seemed small when their bosses force them to crunch to make games or did we all just forget about that?

Fisher is going to dab on all the vague and generic Middle Eastern/East Asian/Slavic haters as he blows up their vital infrastructure with no consequences. Bonus footage of a drone operator flossing as he bombs a school back to the Stone Age.

5 Likes

that’s fair. i took my stealth games where i could get ‘em: mgs, splinter cell, hitman, etc.

its a pretty good series. even the duds have their merits.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Movies Thread

put this in the wrong thread oops

Say the line Bart…

Gamers cheer as they spam more death threats to developers.

5 Likes

what’s that specifically in relation to (other than gamer’s normal operating procedure)?

1 Like

I think the Gamers are on autopilot here. Apex/Titanfall people are a different breed.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Aged like milk

3 Likes

Next up we’ll hear about him playing the sequel in which he has to kill the queen.

5 Likes

A couple of Konami games have been recently listed and it seems that Silent Hill: The Short Message has been listed on The Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea.

Rumours of a new Silent Hill game have been doing the rounds for some time now. Can we expect some news at the December Game Awards?

6 Likes

i hope its a new pachinko machine

6 Likes
5 Likes

If Ion Fury was a love letter to build engine games like Duke Nukem 3D, Phantom Fury looks like a big love letter to late '90s/early 2000’s FPS games, with alot of love for the 2001 build of Duke Nukem Forever. Not to mention the fact that reveal at the end that I’m sure will please any boomer shooter fan.

Worth noting Ion Fury is also due to receive a big old fashioned expansion pack soon called Aftershock. Steam page still lists it for 2022 but not sure if it is going to make this year since it seems like they’ve been a bit quiet on that front. Hopefully it will materialise soon.

6 Likes