Game News Thread

With over 200 game of the year nominations for Cyberpunk and still receiving them each year, I guess it was bound to happen.

3 Likes
6 Likes

If this is to be revealed at the Game Awards, the March release sounds like awesome news

Ooh, sounds like Cal gets a gun in this entry!

5 Likes

Cyberpunk is definitely one of the games of this year.

4 Likes

$70 to beta test Beth’s game at launch so I can enjoy the final product later on at $25 :brain:

7 Likes

Microsoft is reportedly keeping to its agreement to remain neutral on union matters, a pledge they made to gain support for their acquisition of Activision, but, as the article notes, the real test comes when they’re negotiating pay, benefits and working conditions.

7 Likes

anyone actually paying ÂŁ70 for a game you can get for ÂŁ5 a month at launch is a fucking sucker

2 Likes

Do you get to keep the game forever like the PS+ games or is it such that when you stop subscribing you lose the game?

Either way the 5 a month seems preferable, even if I hate the idea that no one owns anything anymore. Just pay forever for the ability to listen/watch/play.

4 Likes

I’d recommend reading up on Julian’s blog post regarding The End poem if anyone has the time. It’s a little more than expressive than the news article:

5 Likes

Yacob, you do know that the PS+ games fit the latter portion of your comment?
You can’t play them if you’re not subscribed to Plus, even if you’ve added them to your library.

I’m pretty sure Game Pass works the same way – kinda like Netflix! Huge catalog to choose from and download, some dissapear after a while due to contracts, but you only have access to them so long as you’re subscribed.

6 Likes

I did not know that! I thought as long as you downloaded it then it was yours. Maybe I worded the question wrong as I’m now realising there is a difference between “in the library” and “actually downloaded.”

I meant if you have it downloaded can you keep it? So like could you snag it for 5quid.

3 Likes

No, not forever at least.

If you’ve got the game downloaded, and keep your console offline, I think you can keep using the game when not subscribed for a maximum of 2 weeks, before it has to check-in with the internet to see if you “own” it or not.
I could be wrong about the timing there though

4 Likes

It looks like the FTC, have voted 3-1 to block Microsoft’s acquisition of ABK.

The main reason they give is that Microsoft cannot be trusted. They argue that, in acquiring Bethesda, they have chosen to make two massive games: Redfall and Starfield, exclusive to their ecosystem. Apparently, they are strongly against companies making games exclusives to their platform. :wink:

7 Likes

Sifu Update #3: Replay Editor and more.

There are new outfits
‘Stunt Double’ (from DRIVE)
‘Wing Chun Dark/Light’ (??? idk)

A few new gameplay modifiers

Plus the big Replay editor, you can make mini-movies of your gameplay.

Too bad most of those additions is locked behind the Goals system, which I don’t have because I still can’t beat the final boss! :tired_face:

7 Likes

Death Stranding 2: Revenge Of The Postman! Or maybe it should be called…The Postman Always Rings Twice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Didn’t care for the first game or this one either, but figured you guys might enjoy.

7 Likes

Oh yeah I gotta post this before I sleep, but it’s probably gonna keep me awake anyhow

HADES 2 HADES 2 HADES 2 HADES 2 OMG

Soooo glad I finished the first game just in time to get properly hyped for this.
Now to wait and see if I want to participate in the Early Access release, or wait until it’s a godly finished product.

7 Likes

Sounds like a Troy McClure Movie lmao

1 Like

Ken Levine’s new game, Judas, looks really interesting. He’s definitely taken his BioShock vibes to the new studio (Ghost Story Games). With this trailer alone, this is perhaps already my most anticipated game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoLJ4HgWqw4

8 Likes

Going full circle there, it looks like Bioshock mashed with System Shock. Kindof interested but as somebody who doesn’t really care for Infinite, a game which seemed to be done in by being overly ambitious, hopefully this will be a bit of a return to roots.

6 Likes

Apparently, the FTC went as far as saying in their statement that as part of Microsoft’s acquisition of ZeniMax Media they had assured the EU that they would not make any games exclusive, then making Redfall and Starfield exclusive “proves” that they cannot be trusted.

Well in an interesting twist in this saga, the EU have just refuted that claim, saying that they made no such commitment about future games. But it’s all getting very confusing about who said what.

https://gamerant.com/eu-contradicts-ftc-claim-microsoft-activision-blizzard-acquisition/

(The second link has more up-to-date details.)

3 Likes