Game News Thread

what even is castlevania?

a miserable little pile of secrets.

twin snakes tho

1 Like

MGS3 would be before a RE-Remake of the first game in the Solid Series. That’s what the leaks and reports have been saying.

2 Likes

i used twin snakes as an example because even if mgs3 is just a remaster/remake, there is plenty that could go wrong. all the changes silicon knights made to mgs - arguably - negatively impacted the game.

fingers crossed though.

1 Like

Maybe its not a new castlevania but the DS Trilogy for all Platforms?

2 Likes

Ratings for it would leak months in advance from some ratings board. And while I want a DS Trilogy release. A E3 announcement is overkill. Advance Collection was leaked back in July 2021 if I’m correct but didn’t release til September.

2 Likes

As Swang said, safest bet for Konami is probably remakes/remasters. Doubt they would dare to do a full-fledged sequel without Kojimboob. But as you say, they can still mess it up, that is unless they go the Kiwami way (i.e. copy the game in question 1:1).

Also, give me Episode 51 Konami!!!

1 Like

They tried and it quite literally put the series on life support, something something Metal Gear Survive.

I think that’s what people aren’t picking up, there are studios more than capable of preserving Kojimas vision while giving the game a new fresh et of paint. Konami internally speaking is the undoing of the series and if the past has anything to go by the only way is up.

I know one thing for certain is remasters are a certain possibility or something on par to a demon souls remake level for a Metal Gear Game especially for Metal Gear Solid 3 since it’s evident that they preserved Source Code and the Voice Overs since they built the 3DS Version of MGS 3 from the ground up unlike Bluepoints HD Remaster for 360, PS3, Vita.

1 Like

https://gamerant.com/sony-trade-secrets-microsoft-court-order/

2 Likes

Nothing like Sonys efforts imploding on them over an army man combat game.

2 Likes

Yeah, I assumed they’ve learned their lesson with that one.

Who for instance? Kojima is pre-tty specific… (Not disputing you here, just genuinely curious who would you consider capable enough)

Yeah, I mean based on the Silent Hill announcements from last year, they’re probably gonna delegate even the remakes/remasters to completely different studios.

1 Like

50 Cent Posted this on his Socials.

People think it’s a collaboration with Rockstar, but the image was stolen from a Ali Express listing.

That being said the posts have since been deleted.

8 Likes

Yeah journalism is hard sometimes. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Once they figure out emotions for these AIs then it’s game over for small voice actors…

2 Likes
3 Likes

Paradox also unveiled the sequel to Cities: Skyline, which hopefully can be as good as the first despite the first game having a small mountain of content released over its 8 year life span.

And rather timingly, PC Gamer has an article about the 10th anniversary on the game that killed Sim City.

9 Likes

14-year old me was a simple guy who loved this game.

I can see how simplistic it is compared to previous entries fans love, and Skylines that everyone says is the best successor, but it’s got a simplicity that I really liked.

Edit: that’s a really cool article. I like hearing about what went down behind the scenes, and that they still have fondness for the thing they created – and the legacy Skylines inherited after EA backed out

6 Likes

2013 was a good year for always online

4 Likes

I’d be exited if the game was finished…

5 Likes

I’m be excited if it was locked on a PlayStation.

5 Likes
4 Likes