Game News Thread

i feel the same way.

3 Likes
5 Likes

There’s an upcoming FPS game from ex-DICE (Battlefield) developers called The Finals.
It’s got heavy focus on environmental destruction, and a main mode focused on package retrieval/protection rather than straight up kills.

Sounds interesting and looks interesting too. They do got a good editor! (Love how focused on momentum it looks. And I love the echo effect to the trailer, really builds up hype.)

You can find plenty of videos right now. Beta’s open on Steam from the 7th to the 21st. Doubt I’d be much good at it or my computer can run it, so IDK why I’m so interested lol

5 Likes
9 Likes

Hasn’t been confirmed yet by Rocksteady or WB Games, but Jason Schreier so who knows.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-09/warner-bros-delays-suicide-squad-game-again-after-fan-backlash

4 Likes
3 Likes

You know a game is a failure when people are considering it to be the next ET.

3 Likes

And that’s a wrap folks. No GTA 6, go back playing GTA V

4 Likes

Oh yeah there’s an open beta for a new spy-inspired “extraction shooter”. Play as a secret agent, acquire special intel and extract with it… all the while blending in and avoiding other rival agents

Pretty sure all platforms have the beta this weekend until the 13th. Hope to get into it tomorrow and try it out.

10 Likes

Ghost Trick comes back to life on new consoles on June 30th!

Apparently they’re not only remastering the graphics, but the music too.
You’ll get special backgrounds for the 4:3 aspect ratio by preordering, and I think the original music versions of Missle the Dog’s theme song and the Chicken restaurant in the music player for preordering.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Everything about Star Citizen has been an embarrassment

7 Likes
5 Likes

Sad part is for an Immersive MMO it looks interesting but all the delays really make me not care.

3 Likes

ooo been waiting for this:

6 Likes

The neverending development of Star Citizen continues, and just before the weekend Cloud Imperium Games pushed out an extremely meaty update

The first thing you learn as a developer when working with production stuff is to NOT release patches on friday. :joy:

5 Likes
4 Likes

CHAOS!

6 Likes

Just came in here to post the Disco Elysium thing, well played Ro!

We’re gonna need a bigger screenshot thread…

5 Likes
5 Likes