Game News Thread

Out of these three Sektor is probably the only one that has realistic chance at being in the next game. He’s a classic character and people really want their Cyborg(s) back.

Kintaro has the problem that he has to compete with Goro and Sheeva for the Shokan spot on the roster.

Kira hasn’t a snowball chance in hell. She’s a 3D era character and they are the developer’s neglected stepchildren. Worse, she’s neither a fan favorite like Havik or Nitara nor a character everybody makes fun of like Hsu Hao. She’s just mediocre. People remember the good and the bad ones, not the average ones.

5 Likes

:eyes:
Foghorn Leghorn DLC when?

But for real I guess the leak makes sense, most of the other DLCs have been themed pairs, and this one seems to be evil Superman-types.
It could very well be wrong or outdated by the time the game comes out, but damn if I wanna see evil Super JK Simmons beat people up. I wonder if they’d make him 3D…

5 Likes

I mean, he is a character the Warner Brothers own.

4 Likes

You can’t just ask for Sektor without my man Cyrax! It’s a package deal, like Scorpion & Sub-Zero or Kitana & Mileena or peanut butter & jelly!

2 Likes

Never cared for Cyrax tbh, I’m more of a Flamethrower and hydraulic press guy.

d3vu0i5-e415583a-3336-4719-b339-ad8ddad2c5e3

2 Likes

them-fighting-words-conan-obrien

4 Likes

No need to fight over your favorite condiments :grin:
condiments-ketchup

3 Likes

What are you talking about? Fighting is all we do in Mortal Kombat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

There are exceptions though :stuck_out_tongue:
H7ArBu

4 Likes

Not that I care about this game but It’s usually not a good sigh if you’re using a celebrity to promote it, but I’ll admit he does make me curious.

5 Likes

Wait, the next character for DBD is Nicolas Cage? Not a character played by him like Ghost Rider but Nicolas Cage himself, who ended up in the Entity’s Realm? Not sure how I feel about this… That’s something I would expect from a parody of the game.

To be fair David Hasselhoff played as the eponymous character in the Spongebob movie so it’s not like we’re entering Looney Toons level of absurd.

2 Likes

Nah, DBD has a pretty large and dedicated fanbase. This is just one of their annual have a famous person/IP in the next chapter that they do every year.

1 Like

Matthew Porretta (Alan Wake) recently featured on a podcast, where, at around 16-minutes, he mentions the game is “supposed to release in October”

And apparently, while the podcaster was approached by Remedy about this, they said it was now too late to edit it – it’s out there now…

So… Alan Wake 2 probably set for October this year :kissing:

https://www.ign.com/articles/alan-wake-voice-actor-says-alan-wake-2-is-supposed-to-come-out-in-october

7 Likes

Friendship, again?

2 Likes

Can’t wait the day when they will replace programmers that develop such AI tools with AI.

5 Likes

Can’t wait to play randomly thrown together levels with a cast of characters created with the diversity tool!

6 Likes

Can’t wait for the economy to shift towards entertaining training AIs with their products instead of targeting human customers.

I wonder if Utilitarians, after the technological singularity, think that the world is a better place if just enough virtual humans exist when their happiness outgrows the unhappiness of actual humans.

5 Likes

3 Likes
3 Likes