Game News Thread

The Microsoft conference is in a few hours so I guess we’ll find out then.

you may well be right. my pc gaming days were like 20 years ago and, frankly, i’ve ALLEGEDLY done quite a few illicit substances in that time, so my memory is… unreliable. at best.

i only ever pirated stuff on amiga and c64. :smile:

with the acquisitions they’ve already made, i’m pretty sure i’m jumping back to xbox this gen anyway, but that would be the nail in the coffin.

2 Likes

Ah the era before my time, not a bad time to be a gamer though the prices for computers were through the roof so the NES’ and Sega consoles were an easy choice. Still glad I had the chance to start out with DOS and W95 and older games like Prince of Persia 1, Grand Prix Circuit, Doom 2 and many other that I don’t remember the names :grin:

1 Like

Oh dear… Commando, Operation Hanoi, and some zombie killing game the name of which left my brain more than 2 decades ago :joy:

2 Likes

mate, my first console was an atari 2600 :joy:

commando was the shit! i was more operation wolf than hanoi though. enigma force too.

2 Likes
1 Like

this was my shit:

first game i ever completed. couldn’t find decent 2600 footage :upside_down_face:

1 Like

From the VK page

Chernobyl’s heart has never been beating as loudly as it is now. Do you hear him? Are you ready to return with us to where it all began? The zone gave life to many … New life.

A life that we will be ready to give back if need be!

Pre-orders will open:
Website - very soon
Steam - 22:00 Kiev
Epic Games Store - 22:00 Kiev
Microsoft Store (Xbox) - 22:00 Kiev

It’s not Epic Exclusive!

4 Likes

As of today, or which date?

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Probably today, Kiev’s time :stuck_out_tongue:

Remember that time a certain post apocalyptic game being announced as an epic exclusive despite already having pre orders in Steam?

https://gamerant.com/metro-exodus-epic-games-store-exclusive/

1 Like

Jesus, just wishlisted it on Steam, and seeing those HW requirements, there´s no way I can run this thing :joy:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, not even the minimum? :cry:
I think even with a 1050TI, if you have 8-16GB RAM and a processor that’s and i5-7600K or better, you might run on low :thinking:

@William1066 and what’s more baffling is that 4A games didn’t have a financial problem like GSC to make the game so you’d expect the exclusivity to be the other way around but there you go, I thing GSC or someone at Microsoft really insisted not to muck things with the PC release.

For those that don’t know, back in the day STALKER was big as DOOM 3, HL2 and Far Cry 1 so maybe that also helped to have it on both stores :thinking:

2 Likes

Might be able to run it on low, especially if it´s well optimized (which it won´t be lol) and perhaps if I boost my RAM to 16GB from the current 8. My processor is a tad bit worse though (i7-7700HQ) and of course the 4GB 1050Ti falls behind the minimal requirements :frowning:
Not sure I wanna play on low settings, though I did that with the OG trilogy back in the day and it still looked good :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Static lighting gang, rise up!

Dunno, haven’t played many games that are made in Unreal (except Postal 4 but that’s early access) but I’d imagine those games would be well optimized. Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed indeed. Will see… Otherwise I´ll have to hope this thing is not complete rubbish and is easier to run :joy:

EDIT: This thing is apparently supposed to be primarily an MMORPG, so fuck that…

1 Like

Wonder if they’re allowing it back because of a patch fixed the performance or just because they don’t care anymore :thinking:

7 Likes

Sony doesn’t care at all, at all times. That they banned it from their store shows how insanely fucked up this game is/was.

6 Likes

nah, it’s about how public it was. they’ve got worse shit on psn.

5 Likes