Game News Thread

Yeah that’s true, but they didn’t even pulled the plug on Fallout 76 :joy:

5 Likes

As what @Screaming_Meat said CyberPunks initial release and reception was very public. While PSN has worse things and plenty of shovel ware that is unplayable with the sheer amount of publicity, marketing, etc behind Cyberpunk the notoriety/unplayable nature of it on last generation is borderline inexcusable.

Cyberpunk isn’t a bad game by no means, but it has a long road ahead before I’d recommend someone it.

5 Likes

Yeah, Sony never cared in the first place. All platforms rigorously enforce compliance and Sony would have been very much aware of the state the game was in when it was released. They knew how bad it was gonna be on their earlier generation platform and decided to go along with it anyway because Cyberpunk was too big to fail.

2 Likes

Well F76 was the fist major launch blunder on the PS, well second after NMS but F76 was from a big player such as Bethesda so they didn’t know what to do at that time. With Cyberpunk they thought they didn’t want anything to do with it since everyone had their eyes on the game and the shitty PS4 port so they washed their hands a la Pilate and blocked the sales.

Also thanks for the reminder of F76, gave me a reason to rewatch this :grin:

3 Likes

Love this country roads cover and Internet Historian as well :joy:

2 Likes
1 Like

We can now expect 32x the detail from future Beth games now that they won’t release their games on the PS

3 Likes

Pines said they were really sorry that they couldn’t release Starfield to everyone (He actually meant Xbox made us do it). He then said he was an avid PS5 player, he is so avid that his company was sold to Microsoft for like 8 million.

He actually said that, he actually said it allowed for “greater graphic fidelity” because that is all gamers care about is the fucking graphics.

Also I call BS because Bethesda’s PC only games were also buggy messes and they were limited platform as well in addition Starfield is going to be PC as well isn’t it?

3 Likes

PC only games from Beth? Like Arena, Daggerfall, the 2 TES spinoff games and the Terminator games? I don’t know, different times to compare 2021 Beth with the one from 1990s and the first 2 TES games were impressive for their times and the Terminator games were decent though buggy.
By early 2000s during Morrowind’s development there were only 12 employees and they were getting ready to go defunct after it’s release but they managed to release on both PC and Xbox and managed to stay afloat.
I think starting with Skyrim / Fallout 4 is when there was no excuse to release buggy games since by then they had a bigger number of employees and were familiar with the tech though they always had problems with PS releases.

Yep, PC and Xbox. He means less consoles as in PS since like I mentioned earlier, they had problems with the PS ports of their games in the past like Fallout 3 and Skyrim.

I think there’s more to it than that and why the exclusives.

From the article:
It works both ways: Hines said the same thing is true for Deathloop, Arkane’s upcoming Swinging Sixties time loop shooter, which is exclusive to PlayStation 5 and PC:
“When we decided to do a partnership with Sony on Deathloop and that game became exclusive to that platform, that development got more streamlined because we said, ‘PS5 and PC, that’s what we’re focusing on’.”

1 Like

And so it begins…

Hope you didn’t get suckered into buying an Oculus…

5 Likes

RE4 really gonna be having ads to save Ashley in VR

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: General News 1.0

Moved my own comment to the news thread. Feel like it’s a bit too politically charged for this thread. This is for more casual games news, I’d say.

What?

RE4 VR is Oculus Exclusive.

1 Like

Postal 4 got updated with Thursday. So there might be a chance for the game to e̶x̶i̶t̶ ̶E̶A̶ get Friday by the end of the year :grin:

@MrOchoa

5 Likes

A sign of things to come for WoA if IO mucks things up…

7 Likes

And people keep wondering why people keep asking… :joy:

3 Likes

Heading Out is a road-movie inspired racing game mixed with an immersive narration, character creator and resource manager.

A mythical American West. You’re a vigilante who’s driving across the country in a muscle car. How fast can you cross the continent? What are you running from? Or maybe you’re here for an adventure, eager to get lost on the vast American plain?

Quite an interesting announcement within the racing game genre! It reminds me of NFS: The Run, but instead of the Hollywood Michael Bay style approach, the game has a classic road trip movie vibe in it.

6 Likes

This looks great! :+1:

1 Like