The Sony Playstation Thread

A thread dedicated to Sony’s line of Playstations, from the Playstation 1 all the way to the current Playstation 5. Dedicated to exclusive games, news, merchandise, States of Play etc.

1 Like

I don’t mean to be rude, but I do not see why we need so many empty topics created with just “here you can discuss X”.
If you have something to share or discuss, sure go ahead. But every member can cteate a thread if he/she deems the need for it, so we need no placeholders created right?

2 Likes

True. But we seem to have a bunch of Playstation people on here and a recent thread about the last State of Play. Seems like it makes sense to try and put it into a single thread.

But you have every right to ignore this thread and create your own. I’m not a mod or even a regular.

4 Likes

I mentioned this in the game news thread but Sony has expanded their Play at Home program.

10 indie games are being given away next week. Lasts until 22nd of April. They also confirmed that in April we’re getting Horizon Zero Dawn as the free game.

Info on the promo periods for the free titles:

1 Like

Today’s the day!

10 indie games have been discounted to FREE on the Playstation Store. They’ll remain so until April 22nd.
Claim them, and you can keep them forever!

2 Likes

So, I was lucky enough to score a Series X on launch day, but no PS5.

PS4 was the only console that I didn’t get because I really didn’t like most of the games.

Now I want a PS5 and realize how they’re elusive as unicorns.

Or maybe I don’t :rofl:

Is VR really that good?

I mostly want PS for Ratchet and Clank, first world problems.

1 Like

With this crazy demand, I won’t be able to get my hands on a PS5 until the summer, and because of that I still haven’t been able to start playing Hitman 3. I could just get the PS4 version, but I really don’t wanna buy it twice… man this sucks.

1 Like

You don’t have to. The PS4 version comes with a free upgrade to the PS5 version. (And vice versa, for that matter.)

4 Likes

Thank you! That was dumb on my part to have assumed otherwise without researching.

2 Likes

Next gen upgrade kehd.

4 Likes

Talking to my Dad recently. I’ve been seeing him once every 1-2 weeks, and since lockdown, one thing we do when we meet up is play games on my old PS3, stuff like Split/Second, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, and Gran Turismo 5 split screen. My Dad will be coming into some money in a few weeks, and he’s basically said to me, as a sort of birthday gift to me, he’s going to fund 50% of the cost of a PS5.

So yeah, on the PS5 hunt now. Can’t start until I get the money from him for it, but already, it’s interesting seeing how many websites and Twitter accounts are set up about stock hunting in the UK. Had to kinda explain to my Dad that it may take some time to get a PS5 even after he gives me the money for it. Still, exciting stuff. I don’t own a PS4, so as such this will basically be an opportunity to get some PS4 exclusives I really want to get my hands on like Gran Turismo Sport, Wipeout: Omega Collection, Persona 5 Royale etc. Probably buy Dirt 5 on PS5 as well for the split screen.

7 Likes

Hey all,

Last year I bought a playstation 4 just to play the Hitman series; it’s been fun getting back into a video game, but all good things must end and it looks like the saga is mostly over, so I’m going to sell everything off. No interest in other games or a different system.

Specific question: I have the physical disks for Hitman 2 Gold and HM3 standard. I assume they will work for the buyer, correct? But for HM2 Gold there was downloadable content that came from an activation code (expansion missions, etc) does that only work once?

Anything special I need to know to get a Playstation ready for sale?

Hello, Canaletto. Nice to meet you. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is correct. No matter which games, any digital games or add-ons can only be redeemed once. They will stick with your PSN account forever. You may sell H2 and H3 to others, but I would suggest you to also notify buyers that they won’t get a complete game due to redeemed contents.

3 Likes

Yeah, if content unlocked from an activation code, then it’s a one-time thing. The person who buys the Gold version from you would basically only be buying the Standard version.

Some game discs have the code loaded onto the disc, but the chances are – the DLC for Hitman 2 Gold is only activated with the separate, one-time code.

(Some of the later Telltale Games discs came as a “Season Pass Disc”, where once you insert the disc, it acts like a physical key, immediately granting you the Season Pass to your account, letting you download the rest of the game past Episode 1 – this helped prevent the physical version to become useless to third-party buyers. It also helped preserve some of the titles, now that the Season Passes have been delisted from digital stores.)

2 Likes

Thanks, good to know. Is the playstation account tied to my particular device, and do I need to somehow delink the account from the PS so that the next person can use it?

I’m not totally sure about that one, but it wouldn’t hurt to unlink it before you sell it anyway.

2 Likes

The PS Store on PS3 and PS Vita are not closing after all.

8 Likes

The Complete Edition of the fantastic Horizon Zero Dawn is free today through May 14.

And a reminder that there’s only three days left (April 22) to claim and download these free Play At Home games:

5 Likes

Reminder that the Funimation extended trial is available to claim until April 22nd, too. If you live in the United States, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand and Australia, congrats, you get 3 bonus months of anime when you open a new premium account.
(cries in maple syrup)

Terms and Conditions of the offer:

2 Likes