Game News Thread

It’s “a bit more hardcore” of an RPG than Bethesda has done before

If we’re talking Dagerfall / Morrowind hardcore, then you got my attention, Todd.

3 Likes

“Its like Skyrim in Space” so its a buggy mess that will have 20 re-releases?

Nah, that would scare too many casual players away.

2 Likes

Mess with the bull, get the horns.

3 Likes

The TESRenewal team released a new dev diary video for Skywind, a remake of Morrowind in Skyrim’s engine.

Hopefully it comes out before TES6 :grin:

4 Likes

I liked FO4, I think this interests me as a sci-fi fan. I wonder what the details are and how big the “world” is. Roleplay stuff aside, I’d also like to have a game where, after work, I just sit in my ship and have a calm ride through the void. Many space games these days are too graphically loaded, too short distances, too colorful. It is hard to appreciate a finding if they are everywhere.

1 Like

Because I’m not sure all Playstation players read the Playstation Thread, I’ll put this here:

You can spruce up your PS4’s background with a new 2021 Pride Theme, for free using the following store codes:

• Americans: GBX2-ELNK-R5KE
  • Europe: XQF7-9JN4-3NQM
  • Japan: CKDB-GDN3-637B
  • Korea: PDJR-T6NH-B49Q
  • Other Asian countries and regions: DQM5-2LNC-T6KL

There’s also this curated list of LGBT-themed, inspired, or featured games you can buy. You can access it on PC through there or on the console store.

5 Likes

Apparently an update happened regarding Humble Bundle (just last week), and it’s gone largely overlooked.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2021/05/05/an-update-on-bundle-sliders/

Donation Sliders are back. Good. I didn’t know about this till now, and was fully prepared to not support them anymore, who knows if this can fix the public perception than what’s already been done.

2 Likes

In the UK, Argos is doing a clearance sale, with a few games going on offer. Pokemon Sun is just £12, which is probably the cheapest you can get it for the time being, which I’ve picked up.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of multiplayer myself, but that one sentence sequel tease has my attention.

5 Likes

Just announced: Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, an expansion to the game with a new island and PS5 features.

The expansion on PS4 costs 20$ US.
The full edition on PS4 costs 60$ US, and the PS5 version 70$.

Upgrading between Director’s Cut PS4 to PS5 will cost 10$ US.
Upgrading between Base PS4 to DC PS5 will cost 30$ US

5 Likes

“According to the report, players during that pilot were “much more likely” to play a game and spend money in it if they could acquire perks by watching ads.”

Well of course things go according to plan in a controlled environment but once it’s out there in the wild for the public, things might and in most cases WILL go sour. Knuckleheads like EA always learn it the hard way.

5 Likes

EA did do it. They tried two years ago with a UFC game but it had no rewards tied to it, it was full blown commercial ads as well (but no rewards). Moron gamers forgot because these are the type of people who hate EA until they release the next Battlefield or FIFA.

Besides this is far more preferable to lootboxes and microtransactions, though know EA I am sure they will make mandatory ads with it as well. My money is on this experiment failing and this will go nowhere.

5 Likes

The only gamers that forgot are the ones that buy into the kind of shit EA and the likes try to push into the game industry. :stuck_out_tongue:

Which is almost everyone. Besides there are games made to be advertisements and some games even have conventional product placement. Even good games like MGS3: Snake Eater, Alan Wake and some more besides.

1 Like

Hmmm, looking at steamdb for the number of players for Fifa21, there are currently 12k players with a high peak of 25k in the last 24 hours. That’s hardly every gamer out there and we don’t know how many of those players are actually suckered in EA’s surprise mechanics :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno 12K active isn’t something to sneeze at especially since you are only using Steam’s numbers, it isn’t Warzone or Fortnight levels but that is a large amount of players.

1 Like

Even so, whatever the numbers are, mostly the numbers that fuel EA’s & Co. bad practice in the gaming industry, I believe it’s not really “almost everyone”. But if you stick by what you said then we can say that most members on this forum also fuel IO’s bad practices :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Not me and IO aren’t nearly as bad as EA is. If it was EA we would just sell the Sins related stuff and they wouldn’t even give us the free content for the month.

But you are right, it isn’t all gamers that support EA but we wouldn’t be lying if we said EA is still massively popular with a lot of really blind followers. I am no idiot, I know EA can make good games and I won’t say they are the worst company in the world (or even gaming for that matter) but I do know they are shady as fuck and make a living scamming people into impulse purchases.

2 Likes

This confirms the rumours that have been circulating for the past few months.

3 Likes

I’d be sad if this happens, but we did just get Death Stranding, an exclusive for PS, plus an upcoming expanded edition, also for PS.

So, fair’s fair. They can have their weird-yet-interesting exclusive game. Next time maybe everyone gets it on either side of the console fence.

1 Like