The Sony Playstation Thread

Congrats on getting the new console, Silvereyes! GT Sport is indeed an excellent racer on PS consoles. Although if you don’t mind more, Driveclub, which isn’t available in digital form anymore, can still be picked up from a local store, provided if your PS5 is the disc compatible version, of course. I definitely recommend it! :smiley::+1:

On other news, This year’s Days of Play event will start next week. Every eligible PS4/PS5 player can sign up for free, and the goals can be accomplished by just playing games. Let’s get them done and win the prizes together!

4 Likes

Ooh, and if you haven’t already, @Silvereyes. Get your butt over to the PS Store website or app on your console and download Horizon: Zero Dawn for Free. You’ll own it digitally forever.
There’s just over 48 hours left in the Play At Home promo. (Ends May 14th at 8:00pm Pacific Time / May 15 04:00 BST / 05:00 CEST

I haven’t played the game myself (it’s been in my backlog for a while) but it’s one of Sony’s big hits. Cool open-world setting, world-building, and gameplay, from what I’ve heard.

6 Likes

Will need to look into that, sounds fun.

It’s on the download list now, thanks for pointing that out. It’s even the complete edition that is free apparently, so that’s cool. Will need to play it before the sequel materialises. :+1:

2 Likes

If you don’t get demon souls I and @TheContractor will be mega sad.

5 Likes

I’ll be honest, I’ve never played any Dark Souls game. I don’t know, the fact that the games are notorious for being so hard and punishing you for death, it just doesn’t seem like my kind of thing. Mind you, I hear the Demon Souls remake is meant to be the easiest of the bunch? I might get it at some point.

I’ve got a few other games I want to try right now. I’m also currently having to download a 58GB update for Gran Turismo Sport, Jesus Christ.

1 Like

They aren’t hard you’re just not good yet :wink:

2 Likes

@Silvereyes if you ever want to play Mortal Kombat 11, just hit me up!

EDIT: also congratulations and welcome to the club :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The funny thing is, to give myself a little bit of gamer cred, I have beaten Super Meat Boy and Cuphead, both hard games. But those games don’t punish you for dying, besides just sending you back to the start of the level. Don’t really like how I think Dark Souls 1 you have to try and make it back to where you died to save your stuff, and I think it was Dark Souls 2 that basically increased punishment for dying even more? Stuff like that really just seems like a big turn off to me. Mind you, I know very little about the Demon Souls remake, so I don’t know how much of that is applicable.

Thanks man. Got to be honest, I am super terrible at fighting games, so I don’t really have much interest in them.

6 Likes

I won’t! You’ll still be cool to me! :grin:

I’ve heard a lot of praise for Demon’s Souls, but I don’t think it’s my kind of game. I’ve tried Bloodborne when it was free, but I quickly got turned off by the steep learning curve. The pinpoint melee combat was a bit much. (Maybe I wasn’t in the right mindset though. I’m hyped for Returnal and that’s a similar kind of game. Hope to pick that up when I get a PS5.

2 Likes

@TheChicken and @Silvereyes I recommend playing with other people. The beautiful part of these titles is it’s co-op mechanics. I wasn’t comfortable with playing Souls games in general until I started playing them with friends. After you get ahold of how things like builds work the game gets drastically easier and you can simply play for the fashion and not for the idea of OP weapons.

Fashion Souls is the Meta and I hope @TheContractor agrees.

3 Likes

Oh huh I wasn’t aware there were some deep co-op mechanics. I thought it was mostly single-player with a hint of PVP invasions.

3 Likes

Nope most of the game except for a few segments can be played with friends. Contractor helped me with two boss battles in Bloodborne when I got stuck.

3 Likes

Tried signing up. Turns out the website is broken.
You’ve got to sign out then sign back in to register.

Themes look okay, but if last year’s themes are any indication, they’ll be pretty basic. Default music, default sound effects.
BUT the bonus theme looks good. Looks like a coloured version of the 2020 Wrap Up theme from a few months ago, and that was a pretty unique theme.

2 Likes

New PS5 controller colours have been revaeled. Red/Black and Black/Black. I honestly didn’t expect them to make new ones until after 1 year of the PS5’s release.

7 Likes

I do like it in black.

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll look into it.

Wonder if they’ll start making new coloured PS5s eventually. Classic black, maybe satin etc? That black controller is pretty nice, not sure about the red. Looks more dark pink to me in that screenshot.

1 Like

Looks like a red velvet colour to me.
The actual names of the controllers are ‘Cosmic Red’ and ‘Midnight Black’, so it’s not true red.

1 Like

The next State of Play will be Thursday, May 27. I have no idea what it means, but “a uniquely crafted countdown” will start at 6pm CEST/Noon EDT, five hours before new gameplay from Horizon Forbidden West (11pm CEST/5 EDT).

5 Likes

June’s free game for PS+ is STARWARS Squadrons.

I have never played a free game beyond a week before deleting it, so I don’t know how this works. If I really like this game can I keep the game until I delete it? Or does it go away at the end of the month?

2 Likes

You keep the free game until your PS+ subscription expires. (You have to redeem it though)

If you re-subscribe, you can access your free games again.

Any games you buy with a PS+ discount you keep forever.

You can also buy it when your sub is inactive, and it’ll stay on your account forever.
I think they recently added an option where you can pay for a PS+ game you already redeemed, that way if there’s ever a sale while your sub is still going on, you can buy it to keep it even if you let your sub run out.

4 Likes