Game News Thread

So if you play this trailer at 0.25x speed at the 11 second mark you can see a banana guard from adventure time

i cannot express how much the multiversus discord server would hate me if this isn’t just a funny placeholder hours of predictions of characters related to bananas based on some cryptic tweets and this little goofball might be the one getting a roster slot instead of characters like King Kong or mojo jojo

4 Likes
6 Likes

Valve games suck anyways. CS 1.6 was the exception and I’m not sure if it was even made by valve

It was, CS 1.6 was actually the first game launched with Steam back in 2003 :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Deadlock will reportedly be a 6 vs 6 third-person hero shooter. The game will feature a large map with four lanes to attack that have tower defense mechanics as well as various items and abilities to utilize.

Ugh.

6 Likes

Chapter 9: The Part Where I Kill You

“Hello! This is the part where I kill you.”

Achievement unlocked: The Part Where I Kill You

8 Likes

While playing the song in the ost -The Part Where He Kills You

6 Likes

And so the whining about “Black Samurai” and all the not-so-coded complaints about how, even though the character was historically real, there were so many other options to choose from, but they decided to not adhere to accuracy. :man_facepalming:

Not only has the AC series never fully committed to “accuracy” - and an explanation as to why is actually built into the lore - but the racism and misogyny behind rants such as these are so blatant, I don’t know why they bother trying to code their words anymore. “It’s not racism or misogyny, I wanted a Japanese character, and women weren’t allowed to be Shinobi! It’s historically accurate!” Yeah, wonder what they think the Civil War was about (no, I actually don’t wonder).

3 Likes

What I find so weird about it is the idea that asian males aren’t represented in video games? There’s plenty of games to choose from if that’s a criteria.

And who actually gives a shit about relating to a video game character anyway? Especially within a franchise like AC, that’s so laissez faire with supernatural and fantasy elements. Just seems like an invented problem in my eyes.

Personally, I’m a normie ass cis white male from Europe. I enjoy playing games with main characters that are female, robots, animals, non binary, hollow avatars, children, cartoon-ish, gods, teenagers, black, asian, hispanic, alien, superheroes and cars. As long as the game is good/interesting, I’m in!

And the fact that the other main character is actually japanese just seals it. These people are entitled bigots.

2 Likes

Precisely. I mean, how often do we get to see a non-white character becoming exposed to another non-white culture? We have plenty of white characters meeting non-white culture, and plenty of non-white characters meeting white culture. Yeah, there may have been other non-Japanese people in that period who became samurai, but how often do you see a person of African descent being inducted into a Far East culture? You don’t really see that. You want to play as a Japanese man? Go play all the other ninja or samurai games there are. You want a story about the white historical figures who joined Far East culture? The Last Samurai and 47 Ronin are on streaming services now. Otherwise, this is a chance to do something that we don’t see often enough, actually happened, and has the Assassin’s Creed flavor attached to it. Stop whining and enjoy something new!

3 Likes

I’m so happy about this joke character that i have decided to include him in my profile picture

Also Fortnite chapter 5 season 3 wrecked will have a fallout collaboration

1 Like

While on the topic;
IGN with a good opinion piece here on why not having another male asian samurai protagonist is actually a good thing.

I find comments saying that Assassin’s Creed Shadows is a missed opportunity to represent even more Asian protagonists embarrassing. As an Asian man, I don’t want to see us have the roles we’re expected to have. I want the roles we’ve not had before. I would love for the next Alan Wake-style horror game to have an Asian protagonist, or for Star Wars to follow in the footsteps of The Acolyte and have an Asian lead.

1 Like

It is worth noting that I would take anything from Bounding Into Comics with a huge grain of salt. They are a what amounts to a reactionary blog that exists solely to harbour axe-grinders and talking heads from pop culture media spaces.

3 Likes

Noted.

1 Like

True, true. Though in terms of the gameplay and non-fantasy setting, none are really in the same/similar vein as AC, at least as far as I can tell (aside from GoT), or are not on PC, unless I’m missing some :thinking:

Wish I’d share your optimism there (my faith in Ubi’s writing and design choices has decreased dramatically over the last decade). Like I mentioned, the Portuguese angle could be an interesting one in this regard. I do hope there is a good justification/reasoning (story-wise) behind this choice and you are right in the end, but indeed, we will have to wait and see.

3 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

why did the jonkler get Jason Voorhees and agent smith as backup is he intelligent? I suppose at least the hockey thing makes sense now

New favourite armour it has capes for Democracy and Stone :pick:

A few things to celebrate Minecraft’s 15th anniversary if you search Minecraft on google a little grass block button appears and after you click on it you can break the search results

3 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes