Game News Thread

This confirms the rumours that have been circulating for the past few months.

3 Likes

I’d be sad if this happens, but we did just get Death Stranding, an exclusive for PS, plus an upcoming expanded edition, also for PS.

So, fair’s fair. They can have their weird-yet-interesting exclusive game. Next time maybe everyone gets it on either side of the console fence.

1 Like

Movie, music and video game industry have no backbone and are Winnie the Pooh’s bitch

6 Likes

Thats just a Teaser: John Cena is coming to Guilty Gear as a Guest Char :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nintendo does some really surprise announcements.

A Switch OLED model was just announced!

https://www-theverge-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/7/6/22456337/nintendo-switch-oled-model-specs-date-price?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16255776659713&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theverge.com%2F2021%2F7%2F6%2F22456337%2Fnintendo-switch-oled-model-specs-date-price

Doesn’t seem like this is the power/processing boost people were expecting, but there’s still some improvements.
7-inch screen, smaller bezel.
A wider kickstand on the back
A built in ethernet port
Double the internal storage (64GB)
Better speakers for handheld play.

6 Likes

Honestly, I’ll have to pass. I rarely use handheld mode (especially since I don’t have joy cons) and I’ve already gotten accessories for all of the things they’ve added.
I play TV almost exclusively so upgraded visuals and sound and the new stand aren’t too big for me. I also already have a micro SD card and a 3rd party dock with an ethernet adapter.
It just doesn’t bring enough to the table and I’m already so satisfied with my current model that I’m not gonna go through the trade in process and shell out another $50.

1 Like

Hong Kong, September 22nd, 2022 that is!

I figure the game will be released later than the next NFS, but it’s perhaps better to avoid the release windows of both FH5 and NFS 2022. Personally, I am super excited about this! :star_struck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIQ_m4Gjvqo

Some of its moments remind me of HITMAN WoA Trilogy:

6 Likes

Gorgeous CGI trailer. Just hope the gameplay itself can live up to it, especially with them doing next gen, last gen, and even Switch versions. Definetly my most hyped for driving game until we know when Gran Turismo 7 will materialise.

3 Likes

7 inch screen is interesting. This effectively makes it the big boy of the Switch trio, as the OG Switch is 6.2 inches, whilst the Lite Switch is 5.5 inches.
Better kickstand is nice, basically negates the playstands Nintendo sells themselves.
A better dock is nice, and also makes me really hope Nintendo actually starts selling the docks seperately again. The reason third party docks are so popular is that if you have 1 Switch but play it on 2 TVs, having 2 docks is very useful. So I mean if Nintendo are going to the effort of a new dock, I hope we can buy them seperately.
Still think that internal storage size is pretty pathetic. It annoys me how with all modern consoles, it seems like buying extra memory space is just inevitable if you have a decent gaming collection.

I won’t be buying this, I play my Switch 99% of the time in docked mode so all these little upgrades don’t really apply to me. Still, I think it’s a good move we didn’t get something equivelent of the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X, stuff like 4K or handheld being able to do 60fps is really stuff for the sequel console to the Switch. This is basically just your standard model revision, which I assume will phase out the OG Switch. Also feel like this guarntees we won’t see a new Nintendo console til the end of 2023 at the very least.

Just in case you aren’t aware, some people have had their Switch brick due to the third party dock. It’s good to be careful when about that.

Yeah, the game has been announced for over a year now, despite it’s still over a year away from the release, a gameplay video will be nice and allow us to know more about it. But we can only wait right now.

About the Switch version, I am wondering perhaps it will work like H3 using cloud gaming service? That way will allow the game not to be limited by the hardware. Although, the developer for this game, Kylotonn, actually ported their previous title, WRC 9, on Switch as well. So maybe it will be fine, but we can only wait for this one too.

2 Likes

Well the name is quite interesting.

Come on, IOI! Where’s your legal department when you need them? :joy:

7 Likes

Fighting with DMA Design’s legal department over the use of Blood Money :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Just when Ubi managed to freshen up the AC series, they are now coming up with ways to put ruin it once more

7 Likes

Anyone remember when I said a company doesn’t have to mimic every single game in the world? This is the logical extent of that. On the one hand, we have multiple time periods. On the other hand, this is the worst possible idea they could have had.

That being said it won’t matter if they say one of the time periods is ninjas, then all the gamers will get it because they finally did ninjas.

5 Likes

So happy that Ghost Of Tsushima stole that opportunity from them and ended up being a good game. AC fans have been begging Ubi for years for a Japan setting but they didn’t even want to hear it.

6 Likes

Because it is the most obvious and played out thing imaginable, I would rather they do anything else then ninjas. They could do cavemen again before touching Japan.

1 Like

Now pay attention people, if you’re attending this event, make sure the plane ticket says Bucharest and not Budapest :grin:

Well here I am on PC with no ninja games to play :stuck_out_tongue:
E317Ob6VcAY88Lf

3 Likes

Shadow Tactics: Blades of Shogun

3 Likes

No no no, no strategy or side scrollers, I want third person games :stuck_out_tongue:

there was quite a long drought of samurai era games prior to blades, tsushima, nioh and sekiro - unless im misremembering.

1 Like