Game News Thread

Oh yeah, this one caught my attention a few years ago when I saw that you can drive a Renault 12 which is what the Dacia 1300 is based of :grin:

3 Likes

Those car rattling sounds are very satisfying. And it’s a nice creepy concept.

4 Likes

I gave the demo a quick go and omg that is some fantastically creepy, cold and damp atmosphere. First time that car starts tailing you and the music kicks in - awesome. Will be looking forward to this one.

5 Likes

I see you too are a fan of the Crate & Crowbar podcast, I presume… :grin:

Never heard of it :sweat_smile: Read about the game on a Czech game news website…

2 Likes

Ah, no worries, it’s a PC gaming podcast I listen to and they spent some time on this week’s episode talking about Beware so I just assumed the timing of you bringing it up had to match, haha! :grin:

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s more moronic in this. That you can get arrested for sharing / selling saves for a single player game like you’d be trafficking drugs or that someone would actually pay such money for saves, again, for a single player game.

4 Likes

Very strange. Though I know Japan is very strict on hacking into software.

And it does say this

According to BSN, the person’s activity potentially violated Japan’s Unfair Competition Prevention law. This law deals with cases where secret company information is stolen or disclosed illegally.

I think it had more to do with him breaking into the software/code, modifying (or seeing) whatever it was that’s in there, and giving it to someone else. Also, probably the act of literally selling code from BOTW. Again, it’s strange, but I guess that’s how business is done there.
Hopefully he’s not in too much trouble for that.

Japan Unfair Competition Prevention Act

3 Likes
4 Likes

For any fans of Disco Elysium (me me me!!), this looks absolutely great:

2 Likes

yeah, i’ve been eyeballing it. looks ace.

1 Like

Ah, yet another case of amazingly idiotic behaviour from a Japanese company… Wonder how that will end…

3 Likes

£23 for a save game that gives you all the fun stuff… I would never buy a save game for even 23 pence but I guess if you love the game and can’t get the stuff yourself it’s not an obscene amount of money.

My issue would be that usually once I have all the things you can unlock in a single player and I have beaten all the levels I pretty much done with the game. 2 years ago I relayed GTA Vice City. I went as long as I could stand it without cheats bc I knew once I did that would be it. Eventually I got frustrated, used the weapons code and the life code and then within an hour I was through the story and bored again :joy:

3 Likes

Company of Heroes 3 was announced.

I loved the first one, but never got around to play the second one. I’m not playing strategy games all that much nowadays, but it’s still good to see Relic returning to the series. Also nice that it’s set in Italy and North Africa, which aren’t used often in WW2 games.

2 Likes

Valve is at it again! :grin:

Hope it doesn’t turn out as another Steam Machine 2 :slight_smile:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :clap:

4 Likes

Does this mean… Codename 47 Portable? :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Sadly no because C47 doesn’t have gamepad support BUT maybe you can connect a keyboard / mouse through bluetooth :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thats a no for me then. Mr Abrak, Mr Newell, you know what you have to do to make me buy one of these.

1 Like

Well it’s not his fault that the game doesn’t have xinput / directinput support and only the game developers can fix that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like