Game News Thread

Battlefield 2042 Open Beta out in September

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping my keen eye on Lost in Random. It got some recent game play details at EA Play and is due for release on 10 September later this year on all major platforms.

1 Like

For those on Xbox and PC, it’s almost time for The Ascent (29 July). Here’s a really interesting deep dive video with the developers.

This game looks amazing! I really hope it lives up to the hype.

1 Like

Don’t you just " love " this kind of crap?

This won’t help anyone, especially those that genuinely got these kind of death threats, as a joke or otherwise.

And all of that because someone said something " bad " about TLoU2… GG no re.

4 Likes

Reddit doesn’t care about how toxic it is unless it hits the real people news or if the chuds break out of containment to piss off other subs. This is the same website that thinks its GamerGate subreddit is “valuable discussion” even when its creator thought it was a toxic hellhole.

2 Likes

one of the - imo - best puzzle games ever conceived is getting some dlc!

if you haven’t played outer wilds, sort your funking life out. it’s superb top to bottom. soundtrack is gorgeous too:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! I abosutely love The Outer Wilds. I haven’t beaten it yet, partly because if it did it would mean I would have no more Outer Wilds to experience, but I suppose now that this is coming I may aswell reinstall it and finaly beat it.

2 Likes

Annapurna also finally put out something new for Stray. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Awesome! I’m excited for this game since the first teaser dropped :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

i’ve done tons, but i haven’t finished it either! partly for similar reasons as you, partly because i’m stuck, and partly because it’s fucking terrifying. dlc news will definitely push me to finish it off though.

2 Likes

They actually just put out a livestream showcase of a bunch of their upcoming projects.
Damn, I love this publisher!

3 Likes

I’m in the exact same boat. Going through Dark Bramble is probably one of the only times I’ve actually been scared at a video game.

What part are you stuck at? I’m assuming it’s getting through the nest in Dark Bramble? I was stuck there for a while too.

1 Like

Anyway, fuck you Bobby

5 Likes

This is just getting worse for Activision, they are doing everything wrong. Also the Cosby Room, what the hell?

Anyway here is some more totally legit news.

3 Likes

i think i’m done with db. i’m trying to get to the high energy lab at the moment without being crushed by sand ohdeargoodthecrushinganimationishorrible

1 Like

I didn’t expect to see this

  • Dragon Quest “Introduction: Lotto Theme”
  • Final Fantasy “Victory Fanfare”
  • Tales of Series “Sley’s Theme-Guru-”
  • Monster Hunter “Proof of Hero”
  • Kingdom Hearts “Olympus Coliseum”
  • Chrono Trigger “Frog Theme”
  • Ace Combat “First Flight”
  • Tales of Series “Royal Capital-Dignified”
  • Monster Hunter “Wind of Departure”
  • Chrono Trigger “Robo’s Theme”
  • Sonic the Hedgehog “Star Light Zone”
  • Winning Eleven (Pro Evolution Soccer) “eFootball walk-on theme”
  • Final Fantasy “Main Theme”
  • Phantasy Star Universe “Guardians”
  • Kingdom Hearts “Hero’s Fanfare”
  • Gradius (Nemesis) “01 ACT 1-1”
  • NieR “Inishie no Uta”
  • Saga Series “Makai Ginyu Poetry-Saga Series Medley 2016”
  • Soul Caliber “The Brave New Stage of History”
2 Likes

@Silvereyes Heh, way past cool!

CHILLY DOGS!

5 Likes

Okay, wow, I only just watched the stream now, I’m very impressed and my interest is pretty piqued.

Davey Wreden and the creator of Gone Home teaming up? Dang cool.
The creator of the PS3’s early indie hit Sound Shapes is from Toronto, also making a new music game.
Games like Stray, Neon white, Skin deep…
Also No Code and Annapurna are teaming up on a project and HOLY F*CK I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED THIS. One of my absolute favourite indie devs with my favourite indie publisher? YES. :clap: PLEASE :clap:

It looks a bunch of insane furry cosplayers have taken the staff hostage. Looks awesome, I need to play Two Point Hospital at some point.

4 Likes

The people behind the Playstation gem Journey have a new game out on Switch. It’s also free. It’s called Sky: Children of the Light, and they’re running a crossover special event adapting the story of Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince)! I’d never have thought that cute children’s book would get converted into video game form! I need to get on this now!

2 Likes