Game News Thread

(Phil Harrison, Stadia boss, who still keeps his job.)

4 Likes

Yeah, sadly itā€™s always the little guy that getā€™s the short end of the stick.
@ingrobny from the article though Iā€™m not sure how committed they truly areā€¦

ā€œOver the coming months, most of the SG&E team will be moving on to new roles. Weā€™re committed to working with this talented team to find new roles and support them.ā€

2 Likes

Yes maybe, but Iā€™m with Jason Schreier on this:

1) While some might stay at Google I imagine most of them will leave because they want to make (and have experience making) video games, not Gmail features; 2) Yup many of them will find new game dev jobs, but will they have to move across the world?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1356342489725231110

1 Like

Shame they canā€™t force Randy to do a magic trick and disappear for good.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a fascinating story. Even though the up-coming Mass Effect Legendary Edition will include 40 DLC expansions, it wonā€™t include Pinnacle Station. Apparently the original source code and all the backups were found to be corrupted.

Ah so it will have DLC added in, I guess there is a reason to get the collection now.

1 Like

That and Mass Effect 2 with its Shadow Broker DLC is probably some of the best things I could think of that came out of that generation of games.

1 Like

Goldeneye 64 Remaster for XBLA has leaked to the public. This was originally suppose to release back in 2010, but was canceled due to it being stuck in rights hell.

Rare later attempted to push the Remaster again back in 2015 for Rare Replay, but it ultimately met its same fate despite no one having the Video Game rights at that moment in time.

Since it leaked and everyone and their mom who has it is streaming it and playing it. Itā€™s undeniable that people want this and hopefully Eon/MGM see that this would be a profitable venture if they allowed Rare to finish and release the remaster despite IO having the Game Rights to 007 Currently.

For context sake the game is about 98% done with it just missing multiplayer, dynamic music, and a few visual errors, but all Singleplayer content and Cheats are there.

3 Likes

One week until Little Nightmares II releases and Bandai Namco has just recruited probably the greatest mentalist of all time to present the trailer.

1 Like

mass effect 1 is the best and its not up for debate tbh. but the gameplay was always a bit weak so with the legendary edition changes its gonna be even more certainly the best one

It seems that Thomas Mahler, CEO of Moon Studios, creators of the incredible Ori series, has lashed out at games developers for the ā€œdeceptive marketing practices employed by a number of developersā€. In particular, he hit out at Populous and Fable creator, Peter Molyneux, Hello Games founder and No Manā€™s Sky creator, Sean Murray, and Cyberpunk 2077 studio CD Projekt Red. Asking the question, " Why are gamers so eager to trust and even forgive the snake oil salesmen?"

Here is the original post he made at Resetera:

But a short time later he apologised:

What do we think? Did he go too far or was he actually spot on?

2 Likes

Not sure why he apologized, itā€™s not like what he said isnā€™t true. Molyneux is universally known to hype games, Murray straight up lied about certain things related to NMS and the upper suits at CDPR did both.

For me a straight up lie has more weight than the actions that follow to repair the damage of the lie, a la NMS. This is just me and everyone has their own way of thinking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For those of you interested in the upcoming Mass Effect Legendary Edition, here is a fantastic article by PC Gamer that gives us lots of information on what to expect. Unlike the usual click bait title, this article does deliver with a number of questions and answers from Mac Walters (the project director at Bioware).

Canā€™t wait to replay this bad boy once more, definitely recommend it. No excuse not to try it now that itā€™s going to have full VO for the text :smiley:

3 Likes

Iā€™d not heard of that and it looked really interesting until I got to the final screen. Itā€™s a PS exclusive. :frowning_face:

1 Like

According to the trailerā€™s thumbnail and ending, itā€™s not. Itā€™ll be coming to both Playstation platforms, Mobile, PC platforms and Stadia.

3 Likes

Good point, but still no love for Xbox. :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s too bad. Maybe itā€™ll be ported later on?

Damn, thatā€™s a creepy trailer. Makes me excited but, uuugh the game is looking just as freaky as the first. We used to have Long-Arms-McGee to be afraid of, now itā€™s a lady with a very long neck and terrifying smile. :fearful:

2 Likes

cannot wait to finally finish it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Youā€™re in luck, it will also come on the Xbox in Summer :smiley:

3 Likes