Game News Thread

It was announced a while ago, but I don’t remember anyone mentioning it here: Rachet & Clack is free to own on PlayStation for the month of March (no PS Plus required).

And there’ll be more free games and offers through June.

3 Likes

i assume that @EvilGeniusRo and i are the only ones who care, but an update from disco elysium devs:

1 Like

More people should give this game a chance :cry:

2 Likes

i’ll make a thread once it’s out. best writing in a game since… christ, forever.

1 Like

i’m not doing it @EvilGeniusRo ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hope to see some improvements related to their game releases from now one. “It just works” ain’t gonna cut it from now one :grin:

3 Likes

You also have to consider the engine Bethesda has been using Gamebryo since Morrowind. They’ve revised the engine per each game release, but as ambition grew and the scale for their titles grew larger it only tested what is considered a dated game engine in today’s standards at-least for Bethesda titles.

A new engine is of course being developed and our first look of it will be with Star Field if and when it comes out. So as long as it’s properly optimized for PC and Consoles I have hopes that the game will actually work and not be like Fallout 76.

It’s not new, it’s an overhauled Creation Engine so you can expect some of the weirdness of Skyrim / F4 to show up in Star Field / TESVI

As for F76, it would have worked of it was made by the A team at Beth and not a rookie studio.

Turns out our game about Fallujah will be political after all.

5 Likes

The Creation Engine and its foundation was built upon using Gamebryo. While Yes it’s the Creation Engine they are essentially ripping out the proverbial piping that they have been using for years and replacing it with something new yet familiar.

The engine is gonna be “overhauled” in the sense so it would be up to par with a completely new engine. This was done to keep it familiar in the workplace.

1 Like

I hope so, I truly, truly hope so

1 Like

So the Stubbs The Zombie re-release achievements are in the wild. One stood out over the rest.

Now if people didn’t know a sequel was planned but got canceled after the studio behind the creation of Stubbs Wideload closed its door.

Achievement List:

Sounds like Aspyr is interested in bringing back the titular character if the demand is there.

4 Likes

A bit old news, but Sony’s Destruction AllStars will have a reduced price when it leaves the PS+ lineup.

Originally, this new IP, for a new console, that’s a multiplayer-centric title (meaning: pretty useless without a Plus subscription) was going to launch at Sony’s new premium price of 70$USD. Thank god someone realized that would probably kill the game on release and had it release as a Plus freebie as well as severely lower the entry fee once it leaves the service.

1 Like

Some interesting Xbox news…

In a recent interview with Jason Ronald, Xbox’s director of program management, he was asked what games he was most looking forward to this year, to which he replied: “Not all games that are being released this year have been announced.”

Now that Microsoft officially own Zenimax and its studios, Phil Spencer went on record to say that Microsoft will be sharing more on what’s next for its teams later this year, but to “properly celebrate this special moment,” Microsoft says it will be bringing more of Bethesda’s back catalogue to Xbox Game Pass later this week.

Although the biggest announcements are going to come in the summer, we also know that insider, Jeff Grubb, has said that there is likely to be some announcements this week.

1 Like

One interesting thing that came out of the merger now was how they worded Bethesda and their future releases beyond Death Loop and the Ghost Tokyo game I forgot it’s name.

Essentially they only mentioned PC and Xbox platforms. Now this isn’t direct confirmation about exclusivity but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bethesda titles become a year long exclusive on Xbox and PC platforms.

We won’t know until it happens, but it’s nice to see that Doom Guy, Vault Boy, and BJ are considered Xbox Mascots now.

1 Like

I’d bet at the very least, one of Bethesda’s major upcoming titles will be completely Xbox-exclusive.

Either Elder Scrolls, Fallout, or Starfield.

It would drive further Xbox sales and especially Game Pass sales, if they make it onto the service Day 1.
(Honestly I think Microsoft is seeing Game Pass as more of the “Xbox Platform” than the console itself nowadays. If they can bundle that with an even cheaper Cloud Gaming service than their normal consoles, I feel like that would make their brand so much more appealing to people on the Sony side of the fence.)

1 Like

i’d be very surprised if it was one of the former two. an exclusive new ip i can understand, but that’s an awful lot of money to leave on the table and a fairly large section of an established fanbase to leave out in the cold, no?

With the success they had on PC in the past thanks to the modding community, I don’t see this happening. Skyrim was for many years on Steam’s top 10 most played games list and it only went down after Beth split the number of players in two after the release of the Special Edition.

Most Xbox exclusives also come out on PC anyway, but usually in a compromised state and on some terrible Microsoft store that nobody uses.

8 billion dollars says they no longer care, though.

1 Like