Game News Thread

thing about money is, it’s very moreish.

1 Like

They did it once (actually tried multiple times), so it’s safe to say that they’ll do it again to try and monetize mods / addons :frowning:

only $2.49

2 Likes

disco elysium: final cut getting a release date this week shut up i’m excited

1 Like

Gotta spam that F5 button, baby! :grin:

1 Like

Following a tease from Microsoft over the weekend, they have just revealed that Outriders is coming to Game Pass day one when it releases on 1 April.

This reminds me about how someone fixed the alien AI in Colonial Marines by changing a few lines of code :laughing:

4 Likes

And that proves that nothing is impossible

2 Likes

Shame on CDPR and Valve for bending their knees to Winnie the Pooh

3 Likes

This is great news! I don’t usually play horror games, but I will very much recommend games that are about East Asian religious culture, especially those from Red Candle.

Although, it’s indeed a real shame that most companies bending their knees to not lose their Chinese market, and many Chinese players tend to overreact to trivial things, believing they can change stuff out of their reach if they cry loud enough. Well, I am glad they got their own version of Steam, so they can finally play games in peace. :innocent:

1 Like

disco elysium is out march 30th!

2 Likes

This time, things will be different :necktie: :sob:

1 Like

I’ll pass until it gets an xbox release :sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

Sony announced Phase 2 of their Play at Home 2021 program.

They’ll be releasing 10 indie games for free on March 25th, plus the Funimation/Wakanim extended trial.

The 10 games are:

• Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Rez Infinite
  • Subnautica
  • The Witness
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission (Playstation VR)
  • Moss (Playstation VR)
  • Thumper (Playstation VR-optional)
  • Paper Beast (Playstation VR)

Funimation and Wakanim streaming services will also come with an extended free trial on March25th for new subscribers. It will add 90 days on top of the normal 14-dy trial. I’m definitely taking advantage of that.

Sony have also announced that the free game for April is Horizon: Zero Dawn. Super cool. I wonder what surprises they’ve got planned for May and June…?

Ratchet and Clank is still available to buy for free until March 31st, by the way!

5 Likes

Wow, I loved the OG Ratchet & Clank trilogy on PS2, can’t believe I nearly missed this! :smile: Gonna download this today, cheers Zero :green_heart:

Edit:

The good news never endssss!

2 Likes

A bit more info about the Final Cut @Screaming_Meat

There are 284 characters with voice lines in Disco Elysium

Brown’s contribution took eight months to record, amounting to a whopping 350,000 words. On his own, he’s responsible for about a third of the entire game.

1 Like

1 Like

While not as big as expected, this seems to fix the laughable badly implemented crime / police system

Still looks funky with drones and police officers spawning in your line of sight…

1 Like

What the fuck is the point of an R18+ rating if they won’t even use it! Why do we have a classification board that doesn’t want to classify things?

3 Likes

Yeah, ooff, Germany and Australia always get the end of the stick when it comes to video games. Hell, Disco Elysium actually censors foul words with static noise or use Finnish language for them… I guess it’s because it has drugs and children abusing drugs but… again 18+, you should be able to understand that it’s nothing but a game at that age…

3 Likes

Oh it is most likely the drugs thing, our government doesn’t want to waste actual resources fighting the issues behind drug abuse so they do this instead.

2 Likes