Game News Thread

Didnā€™t these game journalists learn their lesson with Hatred? The more you talk about a controversial game, giving such titles as war crime simulator, the more publicity it will get and people will buy it just for that, for the controversy.

2 Likes

itā€™s a weird one because while they are certainly giving it oxygen, there are people who donā€™t know about what happened in fallujah and donā€™t understand what the fuss is about, so staying completely silent about it isnā€™t an effective move either.

the kind of people that spend money on games for the sake of controversy donā€™t seem like the kind of people you can reach out to and expect to get great results.

at the end of the day though, it all comes down to clicks, so whatever moral stance a site takes and whatever benefits such a stance offers, it seems like itā€™s generally at the service of engagement figures. :man_shrugging:t4:

still, better to be informed, regardless of the motivations.

3 Likes

I imagine no one would have batted and eye if they used a different title name and the location was also not named Fallujah and the devs didnā€™t mention that the plot is based on what happened there.
Iā€™m surprised that game journalists never talk about the stuff players need to do in CoD games, exception being the airport mission in MW2, and how many non-Americans, mostly Middle Easterners, Russians and Latinos, you need to kill to complete objectives and finally the game.

Why punish someone and forgive the other when the other is guilty of the same thing?

people did complain actually that MW2019 had a white phosphorus scorestreak, I vaguely recall people using the exact same wording of ā€œwar crime simulatorā€

but at this point everyone knows COD is just US military propaganda, so when a new IP comes out that is guilty of doing the same things, itā€™s more important to call that out than it is to repeat the same criticisms towards COD every year

2 Likes

sorry, hit post too early! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

the major difference is, as you pointed out, this is a simulation (i use the word loosely) of a real life war that whitewashes the multiple crimes the us committed.

itā€™s being made by a company that makes training simulations for the us military and is being released at a time when us recruitment figures are low. :thinking:

call of duty comes under fire regularly. along with ā€˜no russianā€™, we have mw2019s whitewashing of real life us war crimes and use of white phosphorus, mw3ā€™s depiction of the death of a child in scenes strikingly similar to the 7/7 bombings in london, the presentation of reagan in cold warā€¦ etc.

cod devs arguably are quite active in courting controversy. gets ā€˜em free media real estate :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

A sneak peek, @Screaming_Meat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

dammit @EvilGeniusRo i will not break when iā€™m this close! :tired_face:

Todayā€™s the day, by the way!

Get your hands on 10 indie games for free on the Playstation Store. Theyā€™re available until April 22nd.

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/v4lGSP3Po1Y
Please be good, please donā€™t screw it up, please be like the OG trilogy!

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum got a new, short teaser video.

It reminds me so much of one of my all-time favourite stealth games, Styx.

And itā€™s live, folks! @Screaming_Meat

Everyone who purchases gets access to all the new content, including:

• Full voice acting (English)

• New political vision quests

• New characters

• New clothes

• New area

• New cutscenes

• New animations

• New music

• New achievements

• Controller support

• Improved playability

• much more!

If you already own Disco Elysium then you get The Final Cut at no additional cost. Your old saves should work with this free upgrade but weā€™d recommend starting a brand new game.

Weā€™d like to add that the new political vision quests are designed to be asymmetric. This means that theyā€™re different lengths, with some being more visual, while others are packed with more words. But they all change the world in some wayā€¦

Other things to look out for are upgraded skill portraits, improved Tutorial Agent, rebalanced healing items, new outfit bonuses, a complete overhaul of the world map in your journal, fast travel, Twitch integration, and much more.

Thanks for all your support so far. We hope you absolutely love the improvements and what weā€™ve added to the game. This is the best version of Disco Elysium and everything it was always meant to be. You all shine bright in our eyes!

1 Like

itā€™s sitting in my playstation. iā€™m just spiking the wife and kidā€™s drinks with sedatives so i can start playing guilt free.

2 Likes

And a bit of an update as well for the Australian release :smiley:

1 Like

MLB The Show 21 is in Gamepass.

This is the only time Iā€™ll talk about a sports game because for people who donā€™t know. The title in question is a Sony Platform Exclusive since 1998.

If this continues who knows what the gaming ecosystem would look like in the future.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not out till later this year, but my body is so ready. Looks amazing

2 Likes

Rumor at best, but donā€™t give me hope Remedyā€¦

3 Likes

I so want this to be true, but Iā€™m not gonna believe this until I see it with my own eyes. Iā€™ve already heard my fair share of AW2 rumors over the years. I can easily see Remedy building a new IP right now instead (that might be connected to AW/Control, but still, a totally separate IP.)

It seems like anyone is eligible for playtesting the next Forza Motorsport title. You only need to sign up to the Forza panel to have a chance. @ElectronicCat :wink:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty cool. Is Forza any good? I mean, I was always a Gran Turismo guy cause Iā€™ve never owned an Xbox. I kinda want to get Forza Horizons 4 on the PC though just to see how accurate their version of Edinburgh is.

3 Likes