Game News Thread

Ah well, so am I. :sweat_smile: So youā€™re gonna have to ask E-Cat for their thought on the series.

Thereā€™s an interesting thing I know about. I own an original Xbox and have played Project Gotham Racing 1 & 2, the former Xbox exclusive racing series before Forza. PGR2 also featured Edinburgh as one of its maps. and the FH4 version of the city is based on that one. This seems to be a proper comparison for your references:

2 Likes

Good grief, you get some goosebumps when you can recognise all the landmarks and the roads. Impressively accurate, Iā€™ll definetly pick up Horizons 4 at some point.

3 Likes

Remedy has a two game deal with Epic Games right now after their business dealings with control. These two projects are unannounced as of this moment.

Jeff Grub who we should all be familiar with by now is fairly knowledgeable and consistent with his information and is judging from his track record reliable while yes he isnā€™t 100% it should definitely cause peopleā€™s heads to turn when he brings up Alan Wake since a very niche group of people actually played it.

Judging from the AWE Expansion and what the set in place with Remedyā€™s Universe and the lore revealed in said expansion. It was implied that Alan had written the gameā€™s story and characters into existence to free him from the Dark Presence.

That being said I feel one of the games is slated to be a Alan Wake sequel. Control set it up for one by contextualizing the events of AW and its characters.

Also this rumor is apparently going around, but I doubt this is true given the Epic Deal.

You posted this twice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out, I went to edit the original post and it must of posted twice.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve seen that. Iā€™m yet to sign up though. Hopefully the beta is on PC, since Iā€™ll be getting one soon.

Since you like GT youā€™ll probably like Forza Motorsport. The newest game, 7, isnā€™t amazing compared to 6 or 4 but itā€™s still pretty decent.

Horizon is fun. I donā€™t really like it as much nowadays because they donā€™t change that much but if youā€™re playing it for the first time, itā€™ll be very good.

2 Likes
1 Like

From the article

It looks like the next big update for Steam will bring seven more currencies that people can use to buy games on the platform:

• Swedish krona (SEK)
  • Bulgarian Lev (BGN)
  • Croatian Kuna (HRK)
  • Danish krone (DKK)
  • Hungarian Forints (HUF)
  • Romanian lei (RON)

controls like shite but otherwise absolutely ace. came out at the same time as psi-ops. two games centred around telekinesis, likely because psychā€” sorry, physics engines took a level, and then absolutely nothing since.

alright, thereā€™s control, which is ace, but thatā€™s it!

1 Like

Oh man, the Mindgate Conspiracy. Had it from a gaming magazine back in the day and it was a blast. The boss fights were a bit confusing for little olā€™ me but had a lot of fun with it, especially in the training area where you could spawn items and NPCs and mess about. :smiley:

As for Second Sight, I played it back in the day but only for a bit, donā€™t remember why I stopped :confused:

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-09/sony-s-obsession-with-blockbusters-is-stirring-unrest-within-playstation-empire

1 Like

yeah, psi-ops was a lot of fun. basically metal gear psychics. loved the training area too, but popping heads was my personal favourite past time. it was definitely the more overtly fun to play of the two, but second sight had a surprisingly good story. if it werenā€™t for the stupid control system it wouldā€™ve probably been remembered a bit more fondly.

1 Like

honestly my main take from this article was that thereā€™s a last of us remake in development. i will pay an obscene amount of money if it has the gameplay of part 2

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some more details on the time-loop indie title 12 Minutes out thereā€¦
Star-Studded Indie Game 12 Minutes Is Really Almost 20 Hours Long

During his ID@Xbox interview, Antonio mentions that the game will function similarly to an old-style point-and-click game, just more polished. While the game itself will not give any direction as to how to move forward, players can expect a wide range of interactable objects within the apartment. Explore the various rooms, the characters, dishes, and furniture and combine them with one another or with other characters to see what happens. Itā€™s up to the player alone to find the secret to breaking the loop cycle.

Antonio also mentioned that while the game was being playtested, although he estimated it to last roughly eight hours, they found that the playthrough time was as high as nearly 20 hours. The player can look forward to an extensive amount of story options and unique experiences. Players will need to learn from their past mistakes or be doomed to remain trapped in a never-ending time loop.

Also, the game is getting rated across different regions recently, so that should mean the game is almost done and a release date shouldnā€™t be too far off.

2 Likes

20 hours?! What is this game even for it too be that long?

It does mention that ā€œwhile the game was being playtestedā€ they found that playthroughs could go up to 20 hours ā€“ so, that could just be an indication of how much content and alternate takes there are in this game, or how long this game could go on if you donā€™t find that optimal path to victory.

The game is all about a 12-minute time loop, I think, so if you miss a key item or go down the wrong branch, it probably means youā€™re stuck with that path until the end of the loop.

The creator says it should take around 8 hours to complete, so Iā€™d say the optimal playthrough where you pick up on every clue and see the main story beats - that can be the quickest way to beat the game.

1 Like

Enjoy the free games, boyos!

6 Likes

Epic are coming across like a rich idiot trying to elbow their way in to an industry they know nothing about by throwing money at anyone who will take it.

This proves that their obsession with bagging exclusives was never about making a better service to actually compete with Steam. They have no superior service to offer, just an infinite pit of money to strongarm their way in with.

3 Likes

Well, in Sonic news, the leak that has happened is that it looks like Sonic Colours is getting a remaster of some sort. Colours was only released for the original Wii, and therefore in standard definition. PS5, Xbox, Switch, all getting versions, presumably bumped up to HD. No idea if there are any other extras or anything, such as the DS version being included, because apparently the rumoured price is something like $35. Which, eh, I dunno, seems a little steep. See what happens. I donā€™t own a Wii so never played Colours but it is meant to be one of the better 3D titles, even if in later years it has become a bit infamous for some of its really awful ā€œcomedyā€ lines.

If it gets any visual texture improvements, Iā€™m gonna be even more disappointed in Nintendo for Skyward Sword ā€œHDā€.

1 Like