Games that should be Remastered or Remade

Mgs4 Remaster
Reason: It is a great game and exclusive to old hardware (PS3) My PS3 is almost dead and it would be nice to play this game in better graphics.

4 Likes

That´s Beyond the Call of Duty then. Men of Courage is Commandos 2. And the remaster has been universally declared to be an absolute piece of shit.

I believe you can play all the missions of BEL and BtCoD (as well as Commandos 3 maybe) in the Destination Paris mod for Commandos 2 (which is still the best Commandos game :heart:). Not sure, still haven´t gotten around to play that mod. But I´d rather have a new Commandos game made by Mimimi Games :wink:

I dunno, I kinda enjoy the games in their original form as long as they run properly… Maybe MGS1 would be up for a remake (it is rumoured I believe?), as long as they turn it into a proper stealth game and not the glorified cutscene-boss fight-repeat combo that it is :sweat_smile:

As a PC player, I´d generally prefer to finally have ports of certain games (e.g. MGS3/4, RDR, SC Double Agent V2…), but one game I´d really like “remade” is Mafia II :thinking:

3 Likes

Agreed. Can´t believe Konami hasn´t been rolling out MGS 1-PW remakes over the past 5 years :smile:

1 Like

Definitely agreeing with @Frost about Simpsons Hit and Run. Such a classic open-world game from my childhood that I’d love to see rereleased with improved visuals and maybe restored content. At the very least, just to be able to have a copy that isn’t currently located in a closet somewhere right now…

I would love to see Nintendo port and re-jig the Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks titles. Especially Spirit Tracks. There’s such fun and zany characters in this small series of games, some great music, awesome character dynamc between Link and Zelda (especially in Spirit Tracks), and it sucks that it’s stranded on the DS for the foreseeable future.
I know those games get a bad rep for the touch-screen controls and linear progression, but that was what hooked me and introduced me to the Zelda franchise. I love 'em.

I’d also love to see a new version of Crazy Taxi released for modern hardware. No idea why Sega decided to skip the entire PS4/XboxOne generation.

2 Likes

One more I was just reminded of.
Stubbs the Zombie.
Seriously a funny game, with great mechanics and a story that hasn’t been redone. The only zombie game I know of where you are the one causing the outbreak, and happily so. That’s a game that needs to return.

1 Like

I play both from time to time, I think some HD textures for the original are enough really, they are still very beautiful games.

I just hope we see something ME at all in the future. It is probably too small for EA. Poor DICE has to work on the n’th Battlefield instead.

3 Likes

I’d love a new MIrrors Edge, but just like all other EA brands, I’d be to worried about it. Its like Cyberpunk, a dystopian, companies-are-bad game made by a big company. Whatever will be in the game, probably is against its own message, I dont trust EA enough to ever produce a good ME again.

2 Likes

i love Mirrors Edge, im so sad that it’s probably dead now :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here, I loved it so much. The music, the story, the characters, the visuals, the gameplay. But oh well, its dead. Like so many other old brands. :frowning:

4 Likes

Hitman: Blood Money = Remake please, remastered will never be enough

Splinter Cell = Remake please or at least remastered

Metal Gear Solid 4 = Remastered for next-gen and PC, a shame it only came out for PS3, people without one are missing so much here

Metal Gear Solid = Remake please

Ratchet and Clank (PS2, first one) = Remastered please please please, the reboot ruined this franchise for me and made it kids friendly, and I as back then a kid enjoyed the original even more than this mess of “Hey kids are retarded and like cute things” kind of reboot they made to please today’s children.

Dark Cloud = Remake, a hidden gem when it comes to PS2 games

4 Likes

Dead Space trilogy although I hold no hope with EA at the helm churning out FIFA’s every year instead.

I keep hoping Remedy will release an Alan Wake remaster, mostly so I can play it on my lowly PlayStation.

I’m also looking forward to the upcoming System Shock remake since I never played the original and fans of Prey and Deus Ex never shut up about it.

On the nostalgia front, I’d love an updated collection of the Nintendo-era Final Fantasy games, including Chrono Trigger.

4 Likes

I would love to see a remake of The Saboteur.

3 Likes

I thinks it’s best to leave a classic alone. A lot of Dead Risings charm comes from simply how it is now not what it could be with a remake.

But if a Dead Rising remake was to happen it would need its original source code and be developed in house at Capcom cause well the later entries should be a good example with it being developed in Vancouver.

1 Like

all the max payne games officially rebuilt in the max payne 3 engine (with tweaks to how bullet time works so it is more inline with 2) would be lovely.

2 Likes

A remake of the first Witcher with the graphics of the third game would be a dream come true.

If there’s a Dead Rising game that really needs a remake it’s the fourth one. The one that went back to the roots by removing Psychopaths, Survivor missions, Multiple Endings, Overtime Mode and Frank West. As a result the game became such a huge success that they decided never to make another one, because they couldn’t top this masterpiece of a game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Tomb Raider 2 should become a Remake. It’s the best Tomb Raider Game. The Remake of TR1 was good IMO and I would love to see TR2 like this. The Opera House or the Buddhist temple would be awesome with today’s graphics :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Remakes:
Mafia II
Thrill kill
Hitman c47
MGS
Tenchu
Max payne

5 Likes

Dino Crisis. I just played the remake of Resident Evil 2 and it was phenomenal but now I want it with dinosaurs.

2 Likes

I don’t generally trust remakes as people tend to have a strong attachment to the original and it’s hard to walk that fine line between changing enough that it’s appealing and on par with modern games while not changing so much that you ruin what made the original unique or special, but after playing the FFVII remake I’m a little more hopeful.

I loved the game so much despite its age and its glaring flaws (the second disc was objectively a trainwreck as they ran out of budget to properly make scenes and entire locations, replacing them with characters narrating events via big walls of text interspersed with a few boss battles and such until you’re finally freed up to explore right at the end of the game) I think Xenogears would be a prime candidate for a remake. That said, it’s got a long length (80 hours or thereabouts if I remember) and a relatively small fanbase compared to Final Fantasy and the like, so I can’t imagine it would go over well in a pitch meeting. But if I was ridiculously wealthy, I would love to put in some funds and make this happen.

Also, I’m definitely on board with remakes of Jade Empire and the KotOR games. I’m still pissed that they continued the latter series as an MMO though. While we’re on Star Wars, I’d like to see Jedi Knight and Jedi Outcast redone as well.

[edit] Thought of another one that I’m actually holding out some hope for - a Switch port of Xenoblade Chronicles X. They ported the hell out of the original Xenoblade Chronicles, and 2 (most recent) which I loved came out on Switch, but I never had access to a Wii U to play X on. Can’t really justify buying one for just the one game either.

Oh! Skies of Arcadia could do with a remake too. I remember really enjoying exploring the world, the pirate ship combat… it had some cool twists on the traditional JRPG format. I lost one of the Dreamcast discs and had to buy it again for Gamecube, but I don’t think it’s been ported anywhere since

1 Like