General News 1.0

You would think they would reckon with the fact that Trump is an idiotic egotist who isn’t worth defending but no. It seems like they love bending over backwards to justify Trump’s actions.

2 Likes

There is no bottom to how far these people will go. They’ve given up on democracy, they’ve given up on what America used to be or could be. To attack or criticize Trump in any way is to do the same to them, even if they don’t like him, because they identify themselves, the party, and him, as all being the same.

1 Like

They are worried about the bodies that will get discovered when rhe rest of rhw documents that Trump didn’t read or understand get seized. They were treating his presidency as baby town frollic and if there is one thing rich people fight to avoid at all costs, its the consequences of their own choices.

3 Likes

Another one!

4 Likes

The Georgia election investigation is getting interesting. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

Some news from Mali.

The last of the french forces departed the country today.
They first arrived in 2013 for Operation Serval under a UN resolution to counter Islamic militant groups hat were threatening the country, from northern Mali that were then going to the south. Serval transformed into Operation Barkhane in 2014, with the theater going to the whole of the Sahel region, a co-operation between five countries.

The withdrawal started in february.
Operation Barkhane ended because the co-operation effort was falling apart.

Mali is currently changing their entire alliance. They are now allied to the Russian Federation, and the combat is now helmed by the Wagner group.

This shift is understood to have been a deliberate effort from the russian. And started when a Junta took power of the country in 2020.

This was done through the (now) usual propaganda, social medias… But also through direct actions.
In March the russian mercenary group Wagner massacred a town, and buried the victims near an withdrawn french base. Propaganda then ensued to accuse the french troop of war crimes.
We know that because a french drone captured it on camera.
The reaction of the Malian authorities ? They blamed France for violating their airspace.

The European Union is accusing Wagner to deliberately destabilizing the region.

The whole situation is getting worst.
Wagner is not good at COIN.
Islamic militant activities are flaring up, and the whole Sahel region will certainly be impacted by it.
JNIM and ISGS are using local conflicts and local politics and blend them to radical ideologies, which is then linked to regional and even transnational agendas.

The malian government is also shifting all blame of any consequences to France or to the UN peacekeeping operation MINUSMA (United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali).
Nationalist sentiment are also played up to reject all non-russian help, with accusation of lack of co-operation, permission, and agreement… Germany recently suspended its reconnaissance operation because of that.
To give an exemple, recently FAMa suffered heavy casualties in a terrorist attack in Tessit. They then announced that the UN is giving air support to the terrorists (the helicopter were in reality here to medevac malian troop).

Now the “good” news is that in front of the worsening situation, the troop rotation for MINUSMA will resume. The malian governemnt suspended them a month ago, after accusing the foreign soldiers of entering without pernission.

9 Likes

like, i get that the civil service needs a serious looking at, but this ain’t it, chief:

1 Like

You thought ScuMo would stop after he was kicked out? Well no, it turns out he is somehow getting worse.

Uhh yay?

One for the Death Threat as well.

I have to admit I didn’t think I would enjoy this The Boys spin-off as much as I do right now.

Never forget it took around four security guards to stop Marion Morrison from having a heated Gamer moment at the sight of a Native American rights activist.

Never forget he was a lady-basher, racist and a draft dodger as well.

Genius.

3 Likes

They fucking knew and they still went ahead with it.

6 Likes

The UK :muscle: :muscle: The UN
Ignoring human rights violations in Rwanda.

1 Like

No, Ron. Florida is where the elderly go to die not “The Woke™”

Though I guess the elderly do get pretty woke when you interrupt them napping, they get cranky too.

1 Like

Actually, to look at the statistics, Florida is where the unvaccinated go to die.

Actually I have it on good authority that the Ron Reaper has jailed all the statisticians in Florida for reporting those figures.

1 Like
1 Like

Has Trump acted really smug over it yet?

God provides many things to his creations but it seems expertly crafted Swiss timepieces are not one of them.

3 Likes

This honestly derails the conversation a bit, but it is also abortion related.

TIL about pro-life activist Rebecca Kiessling, who supports abortion bans without rape or incest exceptions due to being born out of rape. She says:

"A baby is not the worst thing which can happen to a rape victim—an abortion is.”

and

"Please understand that whenever you identify yourself as being pro-choice, or whenever you make that exception for rape, what that really translates into is you being able to stand before me, look me in the eye, and say to me, “I think your mother should have been able to abort you.”

Yes, her mother should have been able to abort her, as should mine, yours and everyone else’s. They should all have the choice of a cheap, safe abortion or to give birth if they want and they can. They shouldn’t have to risk imprisonment or death over an abortion or a miscarriage.

I feels equal parts pity and disgust for Kiessling. In a way, you can’t blame her for championing the thing that saved her, even if it’s restrictive abortion laws. It’s probably the only thing that she feels gives her life meaning. It’s a Shakespearean tragedy.

On the other hand, there’s something oilily disingenuous and manipulative about her, like her helpful “translation” above accusing her opponents of being monsters. Does she spare a thought about women who don’t want to give birth to their rapist’s baby?

For what it’s worth, Kiessling hasn’t commented on the above case, and I believe/hope that she support removing the dead fetus there. But blanket bans with zero exceptions for rape, incest or medical reasons, which she painstakingly dedicated her whole life to, are what caused this.

EDIT: apparently she’s trying to deny the “10 year old rape victim” story on Twitter. Kiessling’s scum father must be proud about how she’s betraying her mother and all the other women and girls in America. She really does take after her old man.

7 Likes

I find it interesting, always, when they say stuff that they think is profound like this,

and yet these very same people don’t understand that when they say there should be no restrictions on guns because of the second amendment, what that really translates to is them being able to stand be for the rest of us, look us in the eye, and say to us, “I think I should be able to shoot your child to death, because the constitution says I can.”

6 Likes

Speaking of failed abortions, Alex Jones has abandoned Trump for DeSantis. Pretty much says he only supported Trump to keep Hillary and Biden from office but that DeSantis is “amazingly good” and he can see the sincerity in his eyes.

#FrancescaDeSantis2024™

The way I see it, Trump is Alex Jones, DeSantis is Ben Shapiro. Same fearmongering bullshit but trading the white wifebeater and unhinged screeching to a respectable suit and condescending sophistry in a chipmunk voice.

Case in point, here’s DeSantis receiving the ceremonial sword from Moms for Liberty:

And no, he unfortunately didn’t commit seppuku with it. Yet.

3 Likes
5 Likes