General News 1.0

It’s getting widespread.

10 Likes

It happened again!

3 Likes

CobraTwit himself is denying that he’s got the Walter Whities and posting photos of his body. Cutting it a little bit thick, methinks. It’s due time that this Cobra met his Mongoose.

1 Like

Right on the head, easier for him to flee under the guise of health complications than it is to dig away at an escape hole with a spoon.

easier for him to feign innocence then it is to magically get lung cancer. every news revolving tate and his overall well-being will be under heavy scrutiny and fact checked.

collaborators are gonna have a field day trying to get him out.

1 Like

For clarity sake Scholastic is going back and altering the books, R.L Stein hasn’t taken part in any revisions.

https://www.cbr.com/rl-stine-goosebumps-edits-language-sensitivity-roald-dahl/?utm_content=bufferfde8c&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

3 Likes

Watch as Scholastic comes out with Goosebumps Classic a fortnight later.

2 Likes

They’ve already released a classics line. It seems like subsequent prints following this will have slightly altered text depending on the books.

Some of the changes I question, but oh well it’s not like it’s gonna be hard to get “uncensored” versions of these stories.

1 Like

That is what I was hinting at, Penguin re-released unaltered versions of Dahl’s books as “Classics” because the whole thing was a fucking ad campaign that people fell for.

Also I hate myself for not making some sort of ghostwriter joke as well.

1 Like

Lmao the Ghostwriters mainly did the spin-offs like the chose your own adventure books. While people gave very basic outlines for the main books. Stine wrote the stories. Stine is notorious for having a Title before a book exists.

2 Likes

Lucky bastard, I suck at titles. But what Stine does isn’t uncommon for a lot of horror writers especially ones with high output, you work backwards from some evocative title or catchy narrative hook. Perfect for high output you you are not going to be the Great American Novelist

That and ghostwriters of course but there is nothing wrong with that so long as you can admit to using them some point down the line.

2 Likes

It’s impressive, but it’s also what caused the very undoing of Goosebumps in the late 90’s cause Stine “allegedly” according to Scholastic being in breach of contract for “Ghost Writers” when he was suppose to be the only one to write books in the main series, but they deemed the outlines as a big no no in their eyes. The situation quite literally got Tim Burtons movie cancelled and the TV Show cancelled aswell despite low ratings cause of fatigue.

There’s a history of cancelled books that only got as far as the titles with very few having actually art done, some were canceled cause of legal battles, some got repurposed later down the line in other series or Goosebumps Spin-off series.

2 Likes

What’s next, an edited version of Animorphs? (I’ll kill them)

I guess Trump supporters were right about strong leadership - their man makes a sturdy footrest for Putin.

7 Likes

”I ain’t afraid of you” :joy:. He calls a sitting US Senator “out of line,” I love it.

3 Likes

Didn’t know if I should put this with upcoming movies since it’s a remake or general cause its for charity.

2 Likes

Good news: both houses of our legislature have now passed the LBGTQ+ protections from last week and they’ve formally repealed the 1931 abortion ban that’s been dangling over our head since Roe was overturned last year.

Bad news: Iowa lawmakers are hopping on the anti-trans hate-wagon.

9 Likes
6 Likes

“You know I always liked the phrase ‘like fish in a barrel’ but from now I think I’ll go with ‘dumb f***s stuck in a vent’.”
Mason, Landon, and certain Hope thugs from Hitman Absolution

5 Likes

Remember when Right Wingers would parrot the phrase “Facts don’t care about your feelings”?

Turns out they were telling on themselves

11 Likes

The great and present danger of “informing the public through documenting reality”.

Because then they could have pesky idea like “having opinion”, or worst “political ideas”, or even “remembering the duty of information in a healthy democracy”.

I remember being told of the importance of the US “The Day After”, and the UK “Threads” in the context of the cold war.
How far we fall.

3 Likes