General News 1.0

Things are happening in Belgorod

5 Likes

This is a huge victory, the conservationists of Victoria have fought this sort of shit for years.

6 Likes

Target’s a Target.

3 Likes

It’s on. May neither man win.

It is kinda funny, though, that someone named De Santis stands a chance of being the 47th President.

5 Likes

The space ended up being a disaster, and Trump mocked him ruthlessly on Truth Social. Not a good start.

Biden also got in a few good shots in the wake of this capsizing. This was so pathetic, they couldn’t even get out their provably untrue rhetoric. Loved it.

2 Likes
8 Likes

(whistles)

That’s a big one. Almost the full sentence allowed, I think, for an act of insurrection/treason that doesn’t involve a death sentence. This bodes very ill for Trump and some others who helped him. Ordinarily I’d be inclined to think those in positions of power or were in previous administrations/congress would not be punished as severely as a guy like this, but since the crux of the DOJ’s case is going to be that Trump was at the heart of all this and others helping him were the closest satellites, there’s actually a decent chance of some very heavy sentences.

Alberta is having an election in 4 days. They can choose between sensible ex-premier Rachel Notley or female Donald Trump, Danielle Smith, maybe the most extremist pol I’ve seen in this country ever

4 Likes

The Texas House has impeached Republican Attorney General Ken Paxton, triggering an immediate suspension of duties. The articles include charges of bribery and abuse of public trust. Which just sounds like standard operating procedure for Republicans to me. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

It’s also come out that he had a mistress that he tried to get one of his donors to hire for a job in Austin so he wouldn’t have to travel to visit her. Paxton’s wife is on the Texas senate. This should be very interesting indeed.

In addition…

• We have added native support for additional archive formats, including tar, 7-zip, rar, gz and many others using the libarchive open-source project.
3 Likes

Erdogan has officially won the runoff.

6 Likes

Hell yeah :handshake:

6 Likes

Taliban has attacked Iranian border posts.

5 Likes

It is going to be free to go there soon enough.

6 Likes

Every time, Alberta. Never fails to disappoint the rest of the country.

2 Likes

The EU will be joined with the US on the drafting of this code of conduct.

6 Likes

Today is a great day for justice as the civil court has found that Ben Roberts-Smith committed war crimes during his service in the Middle East. Worth noting BRS was the plaintiff here, he brought the case up himself.

Maybe he could drop a line to his dad and have him run instead?

Oh and today is Pay For Your Free Education Day, I am so glad I am so broke they can’t give me HECS debt.

5 Likes

I hope this lays the groundwork for criminal charges.

2 Likes