H3 - Easter Eggs (EEs)

Could it be as simple as placing one coin per chair!?

4 Likes

Doesnā€™t appear to be. I even tried placing them in alphabetical order as per the name of the magazine on the chair.

Unless different NPCs sit in certain chairs and youā€™d need to give coins to each of them. But Iā€™ve only noticed 2 NPCs that sit. One lady in the laundromat, and some older man that walks around wearing a white jacket.

Edit: So, if that were the caseā€¦ Would every NPC that sits in the chairs have to all be there at the same time? That sounds like way too much of a headache.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s always a soda can and/or coin and/or soda machine (to use the coin) in the areas with cats.
Iā€™ve tried some things with soda cans with no results.

Thereā€™s ceiling fans and desk fans that like the cats will stop moving if you shoot it. Disabled all cats and fans with no results either.

3 Likes

Just noticed there are seven coins on this map, so giving one coin to each cat might be nothing.
(unless there is a super secret neko-statue that noone found yetā€¦)
But it seems a little suspicious how you can place a coin right into itā€™s paw when you stop it in the right position, I mean it snaps right into it.

For the statues that are too high; if you throw the coin at just the right angle while the arm is moving it can stick to the paw and will stay there if you stop the arm.
Tried to stop the arms in a vertical position with coins in them but still nothing. Placing a coin in front of each one and then shooting them makes nothing happen either.

The six meows on the sign could mean that there is some noise they make when doing the right step, just like the graffiti in berlin.

11 Likes

I know some games will display your actual (or set) system time. I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever noticed H3 do anything like that. But now Iā€™m wonderingā€¦

There are also a yearly month of the rat and a daily hour of the rat (Chinese double hour, midnight, 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. ).

So, try whatever between those hours? Might even have to look around for calenders.

What happens if you break jars with a crowbar in the Isle of Sgail? I tried a lot of things in the area looking for the coins etc. But i didnā€™t think of breaking jars with a specific object.

1 Like

Okay. Time for more speculation.

Thinkā€¦ Alley Cats and Lab Rats.

Iā€™ve killed all of the Lab scientists with this cat-like (garden) claw. I really should count the red (target) mice and see if that correlates to the number of whitecoat-wearing lab NPCs. Or should I be disguised as a homeless person? :thinking:

Also, this cigarette butt disposal canister seems to resemble some of the switches that have a big red button on top of them. I donā€™t think or know if thereā€™s any other like this in the mission.

Edit: Oops. There is another one.

6 Likes

Maybe I am prematurely posting this and I just havenā€™t explored enough to find out if this is a true EE or not, but at Guybrushā€™s grave on Ambrose Island there is an area that vibrates when standing over it ā€” like ā€œdig hereā€ prompts of yore (think Sgail). I have the shovel, Iā€™ve tried in my suit and the Buccaneer suit, Iā€™m not getting any promptā€¦

5 Likes

I have the same, I think the vibration just shows that there is this Buccaneer suit and that treasure, nothing to dig there I assume :woman_shrugging:

Also there is a golden idol in one of the crates near tower.

Youā€™re thinking at the treasure chest. Iā€™m talking about the vibration by the Threepwood headstone close to the default starting location. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s something there!

1 Like

Could be an Witcher easter egg where Geraltā€™s medallion vibrates when around magical places? But I donā€™t think that fits well to the Monkey Island EE. :smiley:

1 Like

Itā€™s similar to the hidden dig spot on Sgail, or the dig spot elsewhere on Ambrose for the durian fruit. Same kinda controller vibration. Would make sense for some EE on Guybrushā€™s graveā€¦

Anyone know whatā€™s up with the cat that you shoot and it makes a mario ā€œlevel upā€™ sound? In the house between the man playing the guitar thing and the screaming kettle. You shoot it and it vanishes into a puff of smoke. I can still hear meowing, as if itā€™s in the walls.

4 Likes

Found a message in a bottle from someone claiming to have gotten a room from the bar owner and inviting me to ā€œcome see for myselfā€ - anyone else know who this could be?

That seems to be the target Akka herself. You can read her bio in the game to learn more about her and Farahā€™s story.

Here you go guys.
https://youtu.be/U27ypfaYVDM

@Axwage
As explained in dubovā€™s video, you need to light the braziers first.
The chest gives you 2 dubloons and jarls pirate saber

I originally called the dubloons durians :rofl:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s not the full EE though I believe

EDIT: It is a small event which is for the assassination.

Currently working on another EE. Trying to figure out everything lol

Thanks! You know whatā€™s silly? I had about an hour to play before work, and once I saw the gravestone and felt the vibration, I got sidetracked trying to solve the EE ā€” didnā€™t even kill the targetsā€¦ I even lit the brazier to the left of the grave area, but didnā€™t notice any others.