H3 - Easter Eggs (EEs)

Try shooting the cat statues to get the arms to stop in a “vertical” position.

It’s either that or when they’re horizontal… Like the cat in the painting and sign. :thinking:
Edit: Either it is down, or I’m misinterpreting it.

Thinking of the Cat & Mouse Graffiti...

Almost all of the mouse figures are Red. Only 1 is white (and no cat by it). This NPC momentarily forgets the passcode… Here we see her dressed in White. If you follow her into the underground facility she eventually changes her clothes to Red as one of the Server-Farm workers.

Point being… I’ve wondered if the Red mice graffiti could correspond to the workers dressed in Red.

Then there are the cats outlined in either white or yellow.

Perhaps this is something to keep in mind for later.

Edit: Well, the one white mouse graffiti doesn’t change to red if that’s what I was implying. :confused:

1 Like

I’m starting to think this might be the case. Just like that Berlin EE which only became available after a patch added an extra egg, it might be that the trigger to the cat EE is still to be patched.
This would explain the incomplete Matrix EE exactly at the arcade where a cat is.

I think the speculation is what willed the ET Exit into being added. That or the trigger for it was something more complicated before IOI changed it.

I don’t want to believe that the EE isn’t in the game yet, but roadmap plans did seemly get delayed, which could mean a delayed a patch.

Also, if we just want EEs to be datamined then what are we bothering hunting for?

Does anyone know for certain when the ioi merchandise shop added that shirt?

1 Like

Datamining to find EEs is lame, just ignore these. Even if there is nothing to find you get to be on an interesting hunt while noticing even more details of the maps!

10 Likes

I think they are way past the point of patching in EEs. Unless its for Rocky.

2 Likes

We’ve still got many more months left in Year 2, a couple patches perhaps, and its been 4 months since the last major patch that mostly just implemented Year 2 stuff

Unless we’re missing something with this EE, (which the code basically says no), then there’s still a chance whatever the key is gets patched in. Its like the one missing link on that shirt design.

2 Likes

Mark Brown of Game Maker’s Toolkit posted a video about the making of Berlin from HITMAN 3 on his YouTube channel last week. It includes segments of an interview he did with IOI devs Bjarne Kristiansen and Håkan Almer, and it’s well worth a watch.

I subscribed to his Patreon to watch the exclusive full-length version of the interview, and Bjarne confirmed that there was a Pig Rocket Easter Egg in early pre-release builds of Berlin, but it wasn’t included in the final game because they didn’t have the budget to do full sound effects/polishing on it etc.

Snipped just the relevant few seconds of the Patreon video below for anyone interested:

30 Likes

Oh wow even a video of it! We can probably recreate that ourselves :smiley:

Edit: I think it still exists actually…

4 Likes

Here it is in higher quality (Just had to add my own button setpiece so I could trigger it)

26 Likes

What did you have to do to get the button?

1 Like

I don’t know, it wasn’t shown, I clipped the only relevant parts of the GMTK video.

3 Likes

Developer added it temporary just to show off the cut easter egg

3 Likes

There’s a similar EE in that Special Assignment for Miami that launches a rocket. It’d be cheap, but…

But I’m sure they would’ve thought of doing that if it would’ve worked.

I wonder what the EE or Achievement would be called? When Pigs Fly?

4 Likes

It seems to be called the “Pigs in Space Program”.

6 Likes

Easter eggs in Hitman used to be cool. Hitman 1 had some good EEs. Hokkaido also had some great ones.

1 Like

…they still are cool?

9 Likes

I bet this is known for years now, but apparentely no one knows the name of the actress in this film.

9 Likes

you can also find six coins in this map. and then there is this:

12 Likes