H3 film grain effect?

Hi all. I’m coming back to Hitman 3 for the first time since late '21 and I’m noticing a distinct film grain effect I don’t recall seeing with any of the trilogy games and Hitman 3 in particular. Just wanted to check if others are seeing it? The game still looks ok - the grain doesn’t look like artifacts or defects that might arise with hardware or driver issues. It looks like other film grain effects you can apply in other games that have them only in this H3 instance I can’t turn it off.

I run a Radeon RX 6700XT and have tried turning Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) off but the grain effect is still very apparent.

I always loved the crispness and clean look of the trilogy games which is why this grain effect is so noticeable. Curious to know if it’s something that arrived during my time away from the game. Cheers.

1 Like

I managed to fix this. Will update in case someone experiencing same comes across this while searching for a fix. Changing from fullscreen to exclusive fullscreen fixed the grain for me. I happened across this because I noticed I didn’t have a HDR setting in my graphics menu. Hitman 3 HDR requires exclusive fullscreen mode. Swapping to exclusive fullscreen gave me the clean look I remember.

2 Likes