H3 Pre-Launch Guide (Progression Carryover)

Not if you’re on PlayStation. PS discs are region free, but all digital content is region locked.

Everything needs to be from the same region if you’re introducing even one small piece of DLC.

1 Like

Trophy progression confirmed :grinning:

3 Likes

I thought they would after I went to PS4 for VR. Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like

You ready, chaps?

This is the last one for a while. Let’s enjoy it.

5 Likes

Trophies and Achievements
HITMAN 3 has 47 trophies/achievements that can be earned by playing content included in the Standard game on Xbox, PlayStation and Epic. Earning them all on PlayStation will unlock a Platinum trophy.

In addition, HITMAN 3 includes trophies/achievements related to accomplishments in HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2. These ‘legacy’ trophies/achievements can be automatically unlocked in HITMAN 3 once players have carried over their progress. Simply put; if you have met the requirements for the legacy trophies/achievements after carrying over your progress, they will automatically unlock when you start HITMAN 3 for the first time.

For example, if you have earned the ‘Inflitrator’ trophy/achievement in HITMAN 2 (for completing the Nightcall mission) and then carryover your progress, that trophy/achievement will unlock in HITMAN 3 automatically.

There are very few exceptions where the trophies/achievements will not automatically unlock. These are all related to earning a certain score/rating in a mission and are mostly related to the Sniper Assassin mode. To unlock those legacy trophies/achievements, all players will need to complete the requirements in HITMAN 3.

6 Likes

Yeah just read, excluding sniper assassin trophies, I can live with that!

The trophies I REALLY wanted to not have to redo. :laughing:

1 Like

They are taunting us but they aren’t at the same time!

Wonder why that, though as long as I keep my Druzhina 34 ICA Artic, everything is fine.

2 Likes

I’m guessing because they’re tied to a “live” event in the game, where as the rest are based off data in the player profiles that can be verified for them to pop. Whereas a Sniper Assassin match score isn’t saved in the profile data, but goes to the leaderboards data (which is separate) if it’s a new personal best.

I think progress transfer should technically be transferrable from H3 Epic to H3 steam, but it depends on what IOI decides.
If they don’t offer transfer, it is not a big deal as you would have to complete all challenges again.
ET exclusive rewards would be aquairable through rerun of ETs or ET pack. That will definitely happen.
Nowhere IOI mentioned in marketing H3 that ET will be exclusive to H3 or I even don’t know if they mentioned ETs at all.
So don’t worry too much about what will happen after one year.

We’re entering the realms of squeaky bum time with the progression transfer aren’t we?

Not many people are going to want to play knowing their H3 progression will be wiped as soon as they transfer :slightly_frowning_face:

Come IO!

3 Likes

Pardon my ignorance but will there even be achievements on EGS? :joy:

Yes! But god knows how that will work, the whole Steam -> Epic has been quite the mess so far.

IO are cutting it very close now. I’d really like to see the website go live ASAP so I can relax a little :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes! Confirmed by @cake941 and @Ibbe in this thread: Will Hitman 3 support achievements on EGS?

2 Likes

I’ve been refreshing both HMF, and ioi.dk loads of times since I woke up waaay to early at 8 a.m. today.

Come on, IOI, do something :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s PS4.
Thanks for quick reply, man. I will get disc version then. Thanks…

1 hour before launch still no website and nothing from IOI

5 Likes

What is this website thing? How we are supposed to know when it launches?