Happy Crystal Anniversary, Don & Valentina Yates!

According to the April 2021 calendar in Mendoza, April 4, 2021, is Don & Valentina’s Crystal Anniversary. That’s today!

Though I’ve just now noticed that apparently Hitman takes place in a completely alternate universe where April 4, 2021 is a Monday instead of a Sunday. Or IOI has messed up and accidentally used the 2022 calendar for 2021.

14 Likes

Kind of bitter if you consider Valentina killing him as the canon outcome xD

9 Likes

I did enjoy Googling, “How long for a Crystal wedding anniversary?” and, “What year did the Berlin Wall fall?” [this second one somewhat to my own embarrassment] when playing HITMAN 3 and trying to work out the safe codes: it was a really nice little touch to get players to use their knowledge of the real world to use in solving in-game puzzles.

It’s not a high bar to clear or something to boast about, but just for the record I’d like to say that I didn’t bring shame on myself or Head Of Security Cortazar by needing to Google when WWII ended whilst playing The Farewell for the first time.

3 Likes

Well, I’m sorry to burst your bubble of finely-aged cynicism, but the Yateses are genuinely crazy about each other. They’re the proverbial power couple.

6 Likes

Sadly crazy doesn’t always have a happy ending.