Hardcore Freelancer is simply not worth it at all

I would be trying it at some point, to get those cool trophies. The only thing I’m scared of is to find all 3 prestige objective to be timed. Has anyobody experienced that? I love to take my time in missions

You still can, only the time trial one has a hard timing/deadline. Others like hide-and-seek simply reset the timer to 2:30 when you hide in a closet/box. So if you’re familiar with a map, the latter shouldnt be a problem and you can still take your time.

1 Like

Does the alt f4 tactic reset randomize prestige objectives?

No. Those are not subject to Alt-f4. If you end up with a bad set of choices, you’ll pretty much have to live with it.

2 Likes

Ouch. That’s not good. The timer ones are terrible for freelancer. Why did ioi contradict themselves? They said planning and patience but then throw a timer on it? :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I don’t mind the timed ones existing, but there are far too many and sometimes barely seem possible. I do like some of them, particularly hide and seek, but sometimes you get time trials for all three prestige options and that sucks.

2 Likes

I just thought about something else… is there an xp bonus for hardcore mode?

I dunno, maybe it could help on the long, long road to level 100.

1 Like

There isn’t. The benefits that come from Hardcore mode are:

• three challenges (complete mission, complete syndicate, complete campaign)
  • higher chance of getting Legendary, Epic and Rare items
  • ability to post screenshot on forum and brag about having done it (the best reward!)

That’s really it. No higher experience, no higher monetary reward.

7 Likes

Damn, I missed that :unamused:

I think the hardcore mode is what it is: Hardcore. I think I got three heart attacks during it and I yelled at my poor cat when it jumped on my table, blocking the view to my screen :melting_face:

I did it once for the trophy but I will never do it again. It was just too frustrating and I lost all of my money and tools twice before I finally finished it.

Unlocking the safehouse and getting epic or legendary weapons might take more time with the regular mode, but it’s not impossible, so I will stick with it. In the beginning I had my problems with freelancer but once I got used to it I really enjoy it :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Here’s my bragging :rofl:

11 Likes

I agree, but I wouldn’t say you need every item, but you at least need one epic or legendary item of every type. One epic/legendary sniper, silent weapon, non silent weapon, melee weapon, SMG and so on :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Beautiful. Next campaign I think I’ll be ready enough to give it a shot.

It’s a shame about there being no XP bonus, it would totally have made sense.

For example, I just noticed you get an extra 2500 XP for completing all four objectives in one go.

1 Like

Actually, there is

6 Likes

I tend to agree with the OP about it being super difficult, but not that it’s not worth it. Plenty of people seem to be enjoying it. I got shot to pieces the one time I tried, but it was frustratingly fun. I would have stayed but I decided I want to unlock the safe house through regular mode before I go back to it. Eventually I’ll give it another go bc it wasn’t like I didn’t see how I could improve and eventually complete a campaign.

I hope they leave it alone. We’re not all gods at this game nor should we all be able to walk through it easily on the expert setting.

I think the important thing is to have Priority Items.

• Compact Silenced SMGS (none specified)
  • Both Emetic Tranqs (double the ammo if you bring both with you)
  • Collectors Lockpick (your obvious best friend when Crowbars are too loud and they change the locks)
  • Silenced Pistol of Epic/Legendary Rarity (if your gonna pick people off do it in silence)
  • Lastly a OP Silenced Sniper Rifle (self explanatory and can be carried around in a briefcase which doubles as a distraction device if used properly)

The biggest takeaway for Freelancer and Hardcore is exploit the games mechanics to your advantage.

4 Likes

It is only for showdowns or even in regular contracts?

2 Likes

I stand corrected then!

1 Like

Not sure, because I often skip them…

1 Like

Only bonuses you get in regular is a campaign completion bonus.

2 Likes

I just thought of a trick… if you have every sniper rifle on the wall except the common WA2000, I think that means suppliers will always have it.

In other words, you will always have the option of buying a sniper rifle during a mission for a reasonable 6500M. If you have extra cash, it removes the hassle of dragging around a suitcase on missions.

7 Likes