Having major issue trying to run Hitman 3 on Xbox One S

Hi all, curious if anyone else is experiencing this, but I’m running Hitman 3 on an Xbox One S and it seems to run incredibly poorly. It’s very skippy, it stutters, etc, but overall, it’s slow. I can play Sapienza in -terrible- speed on Hitman 3, but if I boot up Hitman 2, it runs great.

Any idea what could be going on?

Xbox One S player here. All I’ve encountered is some stutters when entering big, demanding areas. Have you had issues with other games in the past?

None! Even other new-ish games run great. Hitman 2 still runs amazingly, it’s seemingly just this game. I even have it running right now and it’s just… So, so sluggish and slow compared to the games before it

No current solution at this moment, it’s partially due to optimization for HITMAN 3 not being as apparent on older hardware.

Base XB1 and XB1S are having performance issues as is.

You can try messing with your your display settings in your Options for Xbox (I don’t know if it will work, but worth a try), but other than that I recommend waiting for patches which will further make the game more stable on older hardware.

Did IOI say that the game would run poorly on older Xbox Ones? And have they said anything about future patches incoming?

No it wasn’t known, but people who play on older hardware have spoken about how the game has performance issues for them.

Future patches should be expected, since they are always a given with today’s games.

I’m just… Very worried. I paid $80 for this game, I’m really tempted to see if I can get a refund. This isn’t how the game should run at all.

I can guarantee that these performance issues will be resolved, just time and patience.

I just ran Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 side by side (same level, Bangkok) and Hitman 2’s version runs twice as fast as Hitman 3’s.

I’m just very worried because I think my time for refund will be running out soon, and I don’t understand why this is happening

HITMAN 2 and 3 are two separate launchers and versions of the Glacier Engine technically speaking. I’ll reiterate what I just said prior that these performance issues will be resolved in due time.

2 Likes

I think I found my issue: While I feel like it’s a -little- behind, I did a Frame Rate Locked test in Hitman 2 to lower it to 30fps, and again, I feel like Hitman 3 might be a little slower, still, but I don’t know.

However… Xbox One doesn’t have the ability to do Frame Rate Unlocked? Has IOI acknowledged this?

HITMAN 3 doesn’t have the frame rate lock that Hitman 2 has. With that being said this is apparent on the Series X versions of the game as well.

I don’t know the reason behind this decision but to my knowledge the only people suffering from frame issues is base XB1 users and XB1S Users.

I still think it’s just a optimization thing that will be addressed within a patch whenever that may be.

2 Likes

Hitman 3 on PS5 has the ability to have frame rate unlocked, though? It’s seemingly just the Xbox version that doesn’t have it, but… I sure hope a patch changes that. What’s crazy to me, though, is that some people are saying the game runs excellently on Xbox One S (I double-checked to make sure they weren’t referring to Series S) and I’m just not getting it.

I think, I repeat, I THINK I found a MINOR solution for now, though… The game still runs slower than Hitman 2, but I noticed (could be pure coincidence) that the game seemed to run a little better if I let the opening cinematics to the levels play out, like getting the full Sapienza briefing. I don’t know if that actually did anything or not, but it’s my best bet for now.