HITMAN 2 Free With Playstation Plus from September 7 - October 4

As announced by Sony today, HITMAN 2 is included in September’s Playstation Plus games line-up.
Subscribers of PS+ can claim the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition between September 7 - October 4. Once you’ve claimed it, it’ll be yours to keep forever on your account, and you’ll be able to play it as long as you have a PS+ subscription active.

Something for PS players that don’t have access to the HITMAN 2 content in HITMAN 3:
You can import the content of the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition to HITMAN 3 with a simple process.of claiming the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass from the HITMAN 2 in-game store or the PS Store. All you need to do is claim HITMAN 2 from the PS+ games and have a version of Hitman 3 installed. If you don’t own a purchased version of HITMAN 3 then you can download the HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack.
Once you’ve claimed the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass for Hitman 3, you will forever have access to it in Hitman 3 even if you don’t renew your PS+ subscription.

To claim the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass for Hitman 3:

https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016237--PSN-Access-Pass-Guide

HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass
Includes: Locations and missions currently available in the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition: Hawke’s Bay, Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail, plus 1x Sniper Assassin map: Himmelstein

How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a digital copy of HITMAN 2 Standard Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost. The price for this Access Pass will be listed as ‘free’ when you look for it in the store.

10 Likes

best one!

also: im gonna give predator a go.

3 Likes

I just saw it
Nice move. Unfotunatelly nothing for me this month but i am happy for new Hitman players.

4 Likes

In Canada, (and some parts of Europe apparently,) a 1-month subscription to Playstation Plus is currently ONE DOLLAR (CAD) until September 9th.

So, it’s a great time to:

• Subscribe now for a dollar, or before Sept 9.
  • Download Hitman 2 on September 7th for “free”
  • Download the Hitman 3 Starter Pack
  • Load up the H2 Access Pass, and own Hitman 2 (in Hitman 3) forever?
  • And turn off Auto Renew!!
5 Likes

lel. For long term PS subscribers that just redeem everything every month (which a lot of people seem to do), this would enable to them to have the full WoA in H3 having only paid for H3 since H1 was up for free with PS Plus back in January 2019.

5 Likes

HITMAN 2 Standard Edition can now be claimed by subscribers of PS+. It’ll be free for PS+ subscribers until October 4.

Some general FAQs we’ve gotten:

• What does the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition include?
    The Standard Edition includes 7 locations + a Sniper Assassin mode location:
    Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail & Himmelstein. ICA Facility & Hawke’s Bay are free.

• Why do I only have access to ICA Facility Hawke’s Bay / Why did I not get the full game?
    The locations that are included with the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition are installed individually. If they were not added to the download queue in the Notifications tab then you need to do install them manually.
    Finding the uninstalled locations in your HITMAN 2 add-ons:
    *PS4: Homescreen > Library > HITMAN 2 > Playstation Store > Your Add-ons.
    *PS5: Highlight the HITMAN 2 app > press Options > select Manage Game Content.

• How do I import the HITMAN 2 content to HITMAN 3?
    You can import the content of the HITMAN 2 Standard Edition to HITMAN 3 with a simple process.of claiming the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass from the HITMAN 2 in-game store or the PS Store. All you need to do is claim HITMAN 2 from the PS+ games and have a version of Hitman 3 installed.
    The Access Pass guide can be found here https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019016237--PSN-Access-Pass-Guide

• If I have the HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack, can I still claim the HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass?
    Yes.

• Do I need a PS+ subscription to play the HITMAN 2 content in HITMAN 3?
    No.

• Do I need to have HITMAN 2 installed in order to import the content to HITMAN 3?
    No. All you need to do is claim HITMAN 2 while it’s on PS+.

• Can I import the HITMAN 1 content to HITMAN 2 if I own the PS+ version?
    Yes. The step by step process on how to import the HITMAN 1 content to HITMAN 2 (redeeming the Legacy Pack) can be found here HITMAN Legacy Pack FAQ - IO Interactive

• Will completing the Hitman 2 trophies carryover to the existing HITMAN 2 trophies within HITMAN 3?
    Yes, you can carry over your HITMAN 2 progress and trophies to HITMAN 3 by doing the Progression Carryover.

• Will completing the HITMAN 2 trophies in the HITMAN 3 game also complete them in HITMAN 2 game
    No. Your progress in the HITMAN 3 game doesn’t synch with your progress in the HITMAN 2 game.

• Why can I not access Ghost Mode?
    Ghost Mode was retired in August 2020.

I think that covers the questions that we’ve gotten and that I’ve read across our social forums.
Feel free to edit if I missed something that should be known.

8 Likes

Seeing a sizeable thread on Reddit complaining about Hitman 2’s story releasing “incomplete” because the ‘final’ two missions were released as DLC :grimacing:
(Just the base version was released on PS+)

Tbh I think it’s overblown but I can see how that looks frustrating to new players.

4 Likes

DLCs being included with the PS+ games happens very rarely. It’s usually the standard version of a game.
In terms of new players expecting to experience the full main story of H2 in the PS+ Standard Edition version, I’d expect it too.

2 Likes

Yeah, thankfully DLCs usually go on sale as a game is on PS+, and last month the expansion pass was around 10$.

But I get how it might look weird to someone who goes into the Hitman 2 mission tab only to find the “ending” of the game is a separate purchase.
Hopefully they’ll find a sale soon enough.

1 Like