HITMAN 3 announcements

Seems like you didn’t read my post that carefully. I said “global” like sarajevo six, in all locations I meant, not storywise or whatsoeverwise. And I really don’t want it to exactly be like patient zero. Just the map changes better to be applied, like patient zero, so we experience a difference a bit.

I don’t quite follow what you mean by this when you mean global in terms of something similar to Sarajevo Six. The big emphasis with that content was that all missions were part of a larger self contained story where every installment provided more detail in regards to the said group.

The Sarajevo six isn’t a good example especially due to its lack of accessibility for a lot of people given it was exclusive to PlayStation.

Never said it was suppose to be exactly like Patient Zero. What I said before being this.

This is because I’m referring to the quality of these levels, a lot of people speak positively about about these levels due to things like atmosphere, set pieces, the targets, etc.

Landslide is a good example of this and is often regarded fondly amongst many. It also expands upon world building and provides additional lore on Targets.

Such example is Landslide takes place before Word Of Tomorrow this is due to Silvio Caruso placing a hit on Marco Abiatti.

In terms of Patient Zero, people don’t want the exact thing. It’s overarching story is nothing spectacular, but what people liked about it was things such as the rogue like elements. A good example is the final mission where anyone can be a target. We want stuff that spices up the formula because in turn that provides variety which also means replay-ability.

Replay ability is a key factor to these levels and it’s why people don’t want things up to the standards of Special Assignments and Sarajevo Six. It’s because this content here is as I said prior.

I don’t want to sound like I know what works, because my standards for what makes good HITMAN DLC don’t reflect yours or others, but I’m speaking about what has worked in the past and what people generally liked from the previous games in the series.

People liked the Summer Bonus Missions why not do more of that?

People liked the GOTY Content Update ( Exclusive Escalations, Suits, Items, Self Contained Campaign ) why not do more of that?

just don’t ruin the maps skybox/lighting again IOI

The Sarajevo Six in terms of quality is comparable to the Second Batch of Special Assignments. They both have string stories, but don’t bring anything in terms of longevity excluding the plot twist that people speak highly with the Sarajevo Six.

It was said best here.

And here

I could go through this whole thread and continue listing examples, but this post has gone on long enough.

At the end of the day all we can hope for is that IO will deliver something good that people will love. The post launch cycle for HITMAN 3 is gonna be integral to the Legacy of this trilogy. It’s either gonna leave people burned similar to HITMAN 2 or is gonna be tied up in a nice package that we can all look back on fondly in years time.

3 Likes

Have we ever had a dead snake as fiber wire before? If we haven’t, it’s a good fit for Santa Fortuna.

1 Like

Just HIII locations, or do you want to see them throw in an H2 level or two?

Campaign exclusive to H3. Single mission DLC for H2, maybe even H1. By single mission I mean something like landslide.

1 Like

Ice T playing hitman 3

33 Likes

Ice T knows where it’s at.

Edit: Seems like he’s been a fan for years

33 Likes

It’s official. Girlfriend Reviews has good taste. (Well, half of them do.)

“He didn’t like Hitman 3, but he kept going because it made me laugh”

7 Likes

Sorry, wrong thread.

1 Like

He was also remarkably prescient, knowing that HITMAN would be the next title in the series after Absolution more than 3 whole years before it was released! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Any PS players, please add me at Bubonic_Goz (ridiculous name I know). I have recently been doing some speedruns and I would love to be able to compare times with some of you guys.

This series is going to be exceptionally dark if they ever break up, sorry that’s the first thing my mind goes to.

2 Likes

Remember the Janbiya unlocking bug? Yeah, i finally got the knife.

6 Likes

This whole video is amazing, but what killed me was the comment below:

“The thing about hitman is that there’s always a correct way, a wrong way, and a million alternative and ridiculous ways to kill the targets, and all of them are unlockable achievements.”

Not sure if there is truly a “wrong” way. Anything that kills the target is a valid way to play the level.

3 Likes

My 0 points score and ‘Thug’ rank begs to differ

1 Like

Yeah but you still got a rank and you still finished the level.

3 Likes

Yeah I am 100% on the same page. There is no wrong way to play Hitman.

5 Likes

The “wrong” way would probably shooting Novikov at the stairs, rushing to Dalia, killing her too and rush to the chopper.

1 Like

I mean, the games are designed to let you do that. Yes there’s a ratings system that rewards being a “clean” assassin, but you’re able to play it however you want. I’m a big lethal stealth Splinter Cell fan, and often play Hitman like that when going for basic challenges.

3 Likes