HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform: PC

Description: When disguised as a low-level security guard, CICADA bodyguards would “kindly” ask 47 to step out of the wrong area when we rushed up the staircase blocked by bouncers leading to the auction floor (this staircase is the one on the west side of the palace). But if we just dashed in front of him and ran back, they would lead us straight to the ground floor without saying a word. The trouble is that one of the guards there could see right through our disguise! And on the other side (east) of the stairs, running around like this doesn’t allow the bodyguards to prompt 47’s disguise to be detected.

Steps to reproduce: Disguise as a security, then run away as mentioned above. Then you can see it. Before 47 throws any excuses.

Frequency: I think it a mechanical problem, as it occurs every time I try.

1 Like

This bug is still in place. It just happened to me. Everything done perfectly, but only 4 stars. However, it’s not just on level 3, it’s giving it to me on the other levels too.

Xbox One S

On the information tab you can clearly see a grammatical error in the “How to harvest meat bones” tip.
It says "use the a cleaver "

1 Like

Description: Interestingly (or not), when disturbed by the naughty running 47, the pair of news partners located in front of the party entrance car park would repeatedly stop moving and the female reporter would relentlessly repeat “Jees, can you believe these people?”

Steps to reproduce: Be a naughty 47 and then enjoy uninhibited fun.

Frequency: Since I played The Farewell in January this year.

2 Likes

this is an improvement over the hitman 2 version though

2 Likes

Description: There are something wrong with the environment light, making it way too bright.
Frequency: Sometimes

3 Likes

Platform: Steam
Description: 47 reverts to his old shooting animation if you fire a pistol while holding a briefcase (with the exaggerated recoil). It goes back to normal if you drop the briefcase and pick it back up, but comes back if you then holster and unholster your pistol.
Frequency: Always

1 Like

Description: The cloth supposed to be on the rico delgado statue is STILL gone

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Santa Fortuna mission
  3. Look at the rico delgado statue

Frequency: Always happens

1 Like

Platform: PC, Steam, Digital

Description: The lower-ranked soldiers added in this Elusive Target all use the voice variation CIVMALE01. This results in them not having proper guard lines, most notably resulting in the sentries outside the suite failing to properly inform Agent 47 if he is allowed in the suite or not. Note that the higher-ranked red beret soldiers use proper bodyguard voices and are not affected by this bug. This happens because SOLDIER01-03 are not set to load in the level’s sound definitions, but are set to be used by the soldiers, causing them to default to CIVMALE01. Changing the lower-ranked soldiers to use BDYGRD01-04 like the red beret soldiers or loading SOLDIER01-04 in the sound definitions should make them speak as expected.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start in 47’s suite and climb the nearby stairs to the suite. (not required, just faster)
  2. While dressed in 47’s suit, approach the guards outside the suite.
  3. One guard will silently move his mouth, followed by the second agreeing with what he ‘said’.
  4. Entering the suite at this point will be considered trespassing. This is intended behavior, but is not adequately communicated to the player due to this bug.
  • Under normal circumstances one sentried guard will tell 47 to leave (sentry_denydsg), and the other will respond to the first (trspss_rsp). CIVMALE01 only possesses the ‘trspss_rsp’ line (usually unused for civilians) resulting in the first soldier’s line being silent.

Frequency: Every time.

1 Like

Description: You can smuggle items to DGS via “Delivery” stash, however, because boxes that normally hide item, are gone, smuggled item just awkwardly floats here in middle hair.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Start DGS
  2. As smuggling location, select “Delivery” stash
  3. Play the game in any mode
    Screenshot:

Description: NPC’s can spot you via this solid surface in village
    Frequency: So far only once
    Screenshot:
3 Likes

Chongqing bug, Imogen Royce sees bodies through walls, how long has this been a thing? I’ve never noticed it before, she seen bodies a floor below and in the vent in her office room

3 Likes

Platform: Xbox One S

With you adding this locker by the railing you can actually see inside the locker by vaulting into it. Luckily players csn vault back out if they look at the railing once more.

No matter how many times I play the game, the result time display in Sniper Assassin mode is showing 0 seconds.
Please check if this is a glitch.

Platform:
PS5 digital.

Description:

1. Clear the game.
  2. Result display is wrong.

Frequency:
ALWAYS happen.

2 Likes

I’m having an issue with playing on an 5K display. If scale the resolution to anything less than 5K the game will stutter so bad its unplayable. But if I put it back to 5k. It’s fine. The problem is that with another game I can’t use 5K resolution and have to scale down for it to work. So in order to play both games I need to always change my display resolution between native 5k (for Hitman 3) and 2K scaled resolution to play the other game. Is there something I’m missing here to make Hitman 3 work on a scaled down resolution on a 5K display?

Description : Game does not run smooth as it used to. Unplayable now with constant stuttering if I change the native 5K display to a scaled down resolution.

Additional info:
-Nvidia drivers and Windows 10 updated
-Hitman graphics settings set to default
-GTX 1080 / Intel i7-6700K
-Steam version
-No issues in other games (Halo Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077)

Steps to reproduce: Launching the game

Frequency : Always

UPDATE: This seems to happen because the lower-ranking soldiers are set to use the SOLDIER01-03 voice variations, but isn’t present in the bloodymary SDEF. Changing the lower-ranked soldiers to use BDYGRD01-04 like the red beret soldiers does make them speak as expected. I haven’t tested adding the soldiers to the SDEF, but similar experiments suggest it should work as well.

I’ve also updated my original bug report post with this information, but I wanted to highlight it here just in case it got missed.

Platform: [PS4, Disc]

Description: Santa’s Workshop Strike Featured contract used mods to create and is impossible to SASO without missing objectives

Steps to reproduce:

Start the game
Load the Santa’s Workshop strike featured contract
Click on each target to see the outfit the creator used.
Realize that you can’t play as Diana on any mission
Realize you can’t get Bartoli 75s without changing outfits, because the only way to get Bartoli 75s is to use a Mercenary blend spot, but the contract reauires “suit” to be worn
Frequency: Its in the contract, it will be every time you load it

Image of outfit(all outfits are modded but new users couldn’t possibly know that so here is my allowed single image)

This isn’t a bug, so please don’t report it to the bug thread.

Firstly, it is possible to SA, just not SO. You need to disguise yourself as a mercenary or head of security and blend in at a weapon crafting station with two other mercenaries standing over it, in a locker room by the secret tunnel in the barrel room. 47 will say something, then it’ll spawn in.

You can change disguises in this contract, so just make sure to change back to your suit when you’ve got the pistol.
Second of all, the suit picture doesn’t matter; just wear any suit. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

So where do we report featured contracts? There is no in game report option. The forums are unclear about where to post about them

There are dedicated posts for each batch of featured contracts. For this one, go here: Urben’s Winter Madness #2.

1 Like

All targets on the top level of the winery go to a railing. When I was going through the map creating this contract, I don’t recall any potential targets going to the bathroom as I was trying to determine who I wanted to be targets and see their paths if poisoned (the closest I got was the one target on the stairway).

As for the waste basket, I will assume you poisoned him above the wine vats. I cannot recall where he went, but I do remember towards the stairs he will either go to the locations you have shown, depending where on the stairs he was at the time of poisoning.

While IOI adjusted the parameters for wastebasket vs toilet priority a while back when they are in close proximity, this isn’t necessarily the case as the ledge or wastebasket is far closer than the washroom toilets.

While I have appreciated your reports and videos shown bugs, some I have taken as knit-picking than an actual bug, as in the case here.

2 Likes