HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Are you on Windows Count? If so I pressed Windows Key + R which should bring up the run panel. I then paste this into the run panel and ran it:-

%APPDATA%\IO Interactive\Epic

This should take you into a folder called Epic and in there should be a folder that is titled as a random string of letters and numbers. That is your save game folder. If you delete that it deletes your save games and then the game recreates this folder the next time you run the game.

This keeps your progress too. Although just to be sure you could simply cut and past the savegame folder elsewhere rather than delete it.

1 Like

Platform: PC

Description : Game crashes back to Epic Launcher after pressing Launch Hitman

Steps to reproduce: Load up Epic launcher. Press play on Hitman 3. Small Hitman 3 launcher loads. Press Launch Hitman 3. Starts to load but then screen goes black for a few seconds and then crashes back to the Epic Launcher. No error message.

Frequency :Every time I try and play

It is impossible for me to play. The game crashes and closes as soon as I start a game. My pilots are up to date and I can play other recent games. I reinstall the game and the problem persists.

Intel Core i5 7600K
MSI Z270 Gaming plus
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super
16G DDR4 3200

Platform: PS4, disc

Description : girl in light green dress dances all alone while using exit with Diana and tango. Guy in white tux that is supposed to dance with the girl just stands.

Frequency every time

Platform: PS5 Disc

Description: Despite finding all of the locations and completing the Surveillance Master challenge, the corresponding PlayStation trophy never unlocked and is now impossible to attain.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Chonqing mission
  3. Uncover all 29 locations
  4. Complete In-Game challenge, but do not unlock PSN trophy

Frequency : It happened once, but due to the nature of challenges it is impossible to repeat or resolve the issue

1 Like

Platform: Pc

Description: The gate at the radio tower cannot be opened with a crowbar

Platform : PC windows 10
Description : Crashing at launch
Bought Hitman 3 recently from Epic, Here are the steps tried
Crashes on launch @ windows 10
Tried running the epic as administrator
Tried launching hitman3.exe from the folder
4.Set lower resolutions and even window mode in the launcher options still same error
My drivers are up to date only ( Last game i played is Cyberpunk 2077 in the same system )
Disabled antivirus and tried running
Steps to reproduce : launch the game from EPIC
Frequency : always

Posted a few days ago in the other technical support thread but not had any response so far, not seeing much love for Switch players with connection problems so hoping this is something the devs are at least aware of.

Platform : Switch

Description I’m able to log in and play online for approx. 10 seconds before getting the message Connecting to Cloud Server… and then my game restarts.
Plays perfectly offline so can’t see my internet being the issue

Frequency Constant

video copied from someone else who posted a while ago now but they have my exact problem
https://twitter.com/i/status/1354274390335098883

Description: If you go into the HUD menu you can set Mission Stories to Off however this disables Mission Stories completely rather than just the visual HUD of them during missions. This needs to be changed to ONLY remove the visual HUD of Mission Stories.

Also note that if you play missions with Mission Stories off and go through the motions of that Mission Story it still plays out as expected as it should but because it is now off we now won’t get any audio about what is happening. For example if you play the All Seeing Eyes mission story in Chongqing you won’t hear any audio from Olivia or Hush and Royce during their meeting.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go into the HUD menu and change ‘Mission Stories’ from ‘Full’ to ‘Off’
  2. Mission Stories will now be completely disabled rather than just having their HUD hidden
  3. Play out a mission story as if it was turned on and you won’t hear any audio related to the events that are happening

Frequency: Always

1 Like

I have the same problem. I would accept if certain parts of the carryover could be purged, so the sniper missions were reset and I could do them again.

Platform: [PC]
digital

Description : Can´t complete “Mnemonic — Overload Hush’s Brain”

Steps to reproduce:

1. get rid of Junli after she tell Patient E to leave.
  2. Wait for all to come together.
  3. After the final notification to resist the Proceture agent 47 stand up from the test chair and Hush gets stuck on the chair.

Frequency : happens always for me.

Platform: [PC]
digital

Description : Chloroform loop (not “really” a bug.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Put chloroform in the vent near break room.
  2. Start air condition.
  3. both employees fall unconscious.
  4. Bodys gets spottet and everyone who enters the room also gets put to sleep.
  5. After erasing the data in core room the Special forces (with gas masks) also gets put to sleep one by one …

Frequency : happens always for me.

Platform:
Xbox Series X Digital

Sniper Assassin Mode: Hantu Port and Siberia acheivements

Description
The “Pure Poetry” and “Capital Punishment” achievements for completing all Hantu Port and Siberia challenges are glitched when transfering progress from Hitman 2.

I completed all of the Hantu Port challenges and all but 1 of the Siberia challenges in Hitman 2. After tranfering my progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, the correct achievements did not unlock.

I did not receive the “Pure Poetry” acheivement even though I had completed all of the Hantu Port challenges, and instead I incorrectly received the “Capital Punishment” acheivement even though I still had one remaining Siberia challenge to complete.

I’ve since completed the last remaining Siberia challenge in Hitman 3, and there is no way for me to earn the “Pure Poetry” challenge since all of the Hantu Port challenges have already been completed.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Complete all challenges for Hantu Port in Hitman 2
  2. Complete all most but not all challenge for Siberia in Hitman 2
  3. Import progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3
  4. Launch Hitman 3
  5. Note that the “Pure Poetry” achievement was NOT unlocked even though all challenges in Hantu Port have been completed.
  6. Note that the “Capital Punishment” achievement was unlocked even though all challenges in Siberia have NOT been completed.

Frequency
Happened after transfering Hitman 2 progress into Hitman 3

Attach
All Hantu Port challenges complete in Hitman 2:

“Pure Poetry” Achievement earned in Hitman 2:

All Hantu Port challenges complete in Hitman 3:

“Pure Poetry” Achievement NOT earned in Hitman 3:

Platform: PC, Digital

Description : 47 disappears for a split second when climbing the panel in Hokkaido’s restaurant, it also happens when climbing the other way around.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load Hokkaido level.
  3. Climb the panel in the restaurant.

Frequency : Always

1 Like

Level: The Bank

The glass is bulletproof for “mirror, mirror” challenge. I did not remember it being this way, so I looked up some old guide videos on YouTube and sure enough you could easily shoot through it before. Not sure if this is an intentional change that forces you to bring a penetrating sniper rifle or something, but it might be a bug. Might even be bulletproof for sniping too, I’ll have to check.

1 Like

Platform: PC (EGS)

Description : Cannot complete Shortcut - Inner Countryard. I’ve opened the door and got the notification on completed challenge. But it remains “greyed out” as not completed and no mastery scored received.
Steps to reproduce:

N/A

Frequency : Always. The door now can be opened but challenge could not be completed.

1 Like

I think it’s rather feature than a bug.
I did report it myself couple of days ago, but then noticed this warning.

(you’re German, you tell me what it says)

Maybe the fence is under a voltage and cannot be interacted with metal things (crowbar) to break it open, because it will electrocute the breaker. 47 in this case

It says “No trespassing”.

Platform: PS5 (Disc)

Description: Trophies didn’t Pop. Both trophies Full House (Complete All Dartmoor Mission Stories) and Followed the Trail (Discover all Locations in Berlin) will not pop. When I check my menus, they are all marked as complete, but the trophies did not pop.

I’ve tried a few times to rerun the missions, but no luck.

3 Likes

Platform:
Xbox Series X digital

Description:
Berlin location progress stuck at 11/22 even though entire map has been revealed and the “Followed the Trails” achievement has been awarded.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play Berlin
  2. Reveal part of the map
  3. Lose connection during gameplay
  4. Reconnect and reveal the rest of the map

Frequency:
Once

Attach:
Berlin location progress stuck at 11/22:

“Followed the Trails” achievement awarded:

Platform: PC Epic

Description: In a shack behind the snipers, certain camera angles will cause the objects (including 47) in the room to disappear.

Frequency: I only been in the room once and I had recorded it happening

2 Likes