HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Maybe the guard sees you because of the mirror located on the side.

PC Steam

Sniper Assassin - Hantu Port

The ending cutscene cannot be skipped using space bar or anything.

PC Steam
Miami

Crashing Moses Lee’s car doesnt count as killing him in an accident. Might happen the same with Sierra.

Platform:
PC
Disc or digital?
Digital(steam)
MEM: 32GB DDR4
Graphic Card: GTX 1060 6G with driver ver.511.65
Description :
The famous 0x80000003 crash.
Crashed every time when it was loading a longtime played savefile.
Has tried every method I could find: downgrade quality to low; turn off V-sync; clear shader’s cache; enlarge TdrDelay to 30s; etc…
Sadly none of them solved my problem…

PS:Had met this issue in Hitman2, I’m not sure whether it is a bug of the game itself, or of Nv’s drivers, or it’s of PhysX…

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the questioned savefile

Frequency : ALWAYS

Attach I want to upload the safefile but seems only images can be uploaded.

there is something i have to report :slight_smile: THERE ARE NO FAT NPCS/PEOPLE IN HITMAN

Platform(s): PC Steam/Epic, Switch, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S

Level(s): All HITMAN 1 legacy levels + Sniper Assassin maps

Description:
In the 2021 July HITMAN 3 patch, IOI claimed they fixed a visual bug where 47’s face/skull would deform in certain HITMAN 1 disguises. Their “fix” only extends to 47’s default suits (except for the Raven Suit, which is still bugged), not to most disguises in HITMAN 1 levels. After equipping disguises in these levels, 47’s skull deforms in various ways, such as the increase in size of the back of his head, decrease in size of the sides of his head, increased sloping of his forehead, decrease in the size of his brow ridge, repositioning and shrinking of his ears, etc.

It should be noted that HITMAN 2 legacy maps and disguises do not have this bug; i.e., HITMAN 2 legacy maps and disguises correctly use 47’s HITMAN 3 skull model. The fact that 2/3 of the game correctly uses 47’s HITMAN 3 skull model makes this bug all the more jarring.

I originally thought I was perhaps seeing things and being OCD as usual, until I first came across this Hitman Forum post that corroborates what I’m seeing in-game.

Steps to reproduce: Equip almost any disguise in a HITMAN 1 legacy map and observe the unfortunate deformation of 47’s cranium to a less aesthetic version than Per Häggmark’s exact HITMAN 3 skull and face model for Agent 47. Or play Sniper Assassin maps Himmelstein and Hantu Port to observe similar deformation of 47’s skull.

Frequency: Every day since the 20 January 2021 release of HITMAN 3.

Attachment(s):

PC Steam
Whittletonn Creek

In contracts, the gardener disguise that the secret agents use (2 in the old lady’s house) counts as different as the gardener trying to get the mole out in janus house.

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
Undercover agents’ disguise is a different disguise.
Same thing you’ll face in Berlin

1 Like

shitty feature it is, then

1 Like

Platform: Switch
Version: Digital
Description: In the contracts mode, the “Contract Title and Description Search does not seem to work. I have tried every single feature in the search help and nothing seems to work. Searching by friends seems to work fine (Even though i added no friends, it does show up in the selected tags and if i search, it just shows me no contracts like it should).
But it just weirdly enough doesn’t work on the search which is really annoying as i just want to search for specific contracts.
Other Consoles: I am not sure if this is also on other consoles. Someone would need to tell me.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the game
  2. Go to the “Game Modes” section
  3. Select “Contracts”
  4. Select “Contract Search”
  5. Use “Contract Title and Description Search”
    Frequency: ALWAYS. It has never worked for me.
    Attachments: None
    Best way to reproduce: On an actual Switch.

PS5
Bangkok/Sapienza/Hokkaido

The “continuity code” for the Jeff NPC is still activate in Contracts mode in the PZ variants of these locations. ie if you kill him in a contract set in a location from earlier in the PZ campagin, he will not appear in any future locations from the campaign until you’ve played the campaign/contracts and completed the secret objectives to allow him to spawn on that particular location - even if he is a marked target in that campaign.

PS5
Mendoza
If you destroy the bottle of the Grand Paladin 1945 and head to the meeting disguised as the sommelier (and remove all wine bottles from your inventory) - the game has a meltdown and doesn’t display the missing item message correctly when you stand at the point where you should be placing the GP45. Also if you have any of the other wine bottles in your inventory but not the Grand Paladin, 47 will just place one of those down anyway and everyone just pretends its the correct bottle.

And yes, in that screenshot I did place some grapes where the wine should’ve gone. :laughing:

1 Like

Platform: PC
Description: Catherine Zola has two question marks instead of apostrophes on her nickname Kiki in her contract name.
Steps to reproduce: Play contract where she is the target and it will display her name incorrectly
Frequency: Always

1 Like

Platform: PC
Description: I am still missing challanges for Collector #2, altough they should have been activated after ET’s duration ended.

Description: Dinesh Ray is not marked red while marked as target in contracts mode. This issue has been in game since Season 2
Steps to reproduce: Play contract with Ray as target

Description: Some targets profile pics have weird, grainy border around them, such as Nicholas Laurent in Hokkaido
Steps to reproduce: Play contract with selected targets

EDIT: In order not to create another post
Issue: Susan’s dress clips quite a bit, to the point when she squats, it turns outward, and clips through her panties.
Steps to reproduce: Move Susan around, and observe her movement

3 Likes

Platform: PC (Steam)
Description: Clipping issues on the surgeon outfit, specifically Akenawa in the ETA (but clipping issues can be observed with other surgeons in the base mission as well).
Frequency: Always.

1 Like

Platform: PS4
Description:
(ELUSIVE TARGET’S CHALLENGES PROBLEM)

I’ve complete The Collector#2 with SA Rating with the picture stealing (i.e. ALL OBJECTIVES COMPLETED) on the first date it release, but at that moment the Elusive Target’s Challenges was bugged and DOES NOT CONTAIN the 3 challenges of The Collector#2.

But today when I play the game and check my career again, your company add back the challenges, BUT NOT UPDATE MY GAMES STATUS FOR COMPLETING THEM ALL.

Can you fix this problem? Its quite annoying because that is a problem which are not causing by me.

Platform: Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Xbox Cloud
Description: Online Play broken. Pressing A at main login screen doesn’t work. A pop up message appears and says “can’t connect to hitman servers” and gives 2 options; retry or play offline. I’ve spent many days, trying many times for long periods of time to retry to login, but that same pop up fail message appears. Trying various methods others have suggested (go offline, play a map then finish, click go online) DOES NOT WORK. No matter what, it WILL NOT CONNECT TO YOUR HITMAN SERVERS!! You have setup this game in such a way that it is dependent on online play (elusive targets, xp, unlocks, outfits, leveling up, extra silent assassin rewards/unlocks, etc etc) and cannot access any of these features!!
Frequency: EVERY TIME!!
Owned Content: All DLC, all pre order content, seven deadly sins DLC, all previous maps from past games unlocked, deluxe edition with special items that transferred over from as far back as H1 including special distraction coins, the terminus outfit, and the special black coat for doing 15 elusive targets (I actually have both variations of that special outfit that was the original version of the outfit - one has a pin on the left breast side of the long jacket and the other doesn’t have that pin, with slight variations in the gloves/shirt) and some other unlocks that came from content that unlocked and transferred over since H1.

I can easily use a dummy account to play the game. Starting fresh is no problem on a second dummy account, but if I delete my save file from the cloud AND my console, I’ll lose access to all my carry over items I’ve been holding since H1 rewarded us for elusive targets. All my special unlocks will be gone. All my unlocks from H1 and H2 along with the stuff I’ve gotten in H3 will disappear. Is that my only choice now since you won’t fix this game for people in my situation?? You clearly know about this game breaking bug since it’s listed on your bug report page as something to the effect “investigating” or whatever , but nothing is being done!! This is completely unacceptable!! I’ve tried many workarounds but it’s a problem server-side. Something is clearly broken on your end and nothing I do resolves this matter. Get a team to resolve this ASAP… literal months of this is unacceptable! You fixed the infinite crashing on the connecting screen for it to go right into this bug. FIX IT NOW!!!

How about getting a team to work on the bug that literally breaks the game and doesn’t allow people to play online…. AT ALL!!

Just like the Xbox bug that froze and crashed the game while signing in, pressing the A button and seeing the game crash during the “connecting” screen, it’s now (since you’re last title update) doing the same exact broken thing except the only difference is you guys changed it so that we can at least play in offline mode, which is still pointless for hitman 3 since it makes us lose access to ALL online features, including elusive targets!! You guys need to put more into H3 and stop worrying about 007 cause I can assure you, many of us won’t buy future games from IOI due to all these game breaking bugs you keep ignoring!

And just for reference:

SYSTEM: Xbox series X, Xbox one, Xbox cloud

PROBLEM: Can’t play online at all since last update that was to fix the infinite crashing at the “connecting” screen. Trying to log in gives a pop up message saying “can’t connect to hitman servers” and the only options are to go offline or retry, which is pointless since retrying only fails every time! Can’t access online features (elusive targets, rewards, unlocks, level system, xp, etc). Game is completely broken and offline mode only allows playing missions. MAKING THIS AN ALWAYS ONLINE TRILOGY WAS THE WORST IDEA IN GAMING!

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: Press A at login screen. Fails to connect to servers. Gives error message with 2 options; retry or play offline. Never connects online. Tried to go offline mode, played a map, finished then at the offline main screen, pushed X and selected the box option to go online, but just fails to connect to servers. EVERY TIME.

I wonder why that happens??…. Maybe because when constant posts about this game breaking bug are made in the appropriate place get ignored, those same people need to branch out to other places in hopes that more community managers and IOI employees will actually view the problem and finally get people to work the problem.

I’m sooo sorry this inconveniences you, but having a broken game for literal months is quite the inconvenience for me. Maybe have a little empathy and understanding as to why I posted here. You clearly don’t have an issue, but I care about all my unlocks that have carried over since H1 and not being able to play online is a major problem for quite a few of us.

Oh and FYI - I waited til the poll ended to post here, but yea, sorry for the inconvenience and posting here. My bad.

I get it is frustrating if you are one of those who constantly have issues with the game. And yet that is not the proper way to report issues. If you post that in unrelated threads, it is more likely the report does not reach the bug tracker.

You can use their ticket system which is the most direct way to report issues:
https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I am also sure they are not ignoring issues related to the game being inaccessible. Try to give as many information as possible.

2 Likes

They know every issue that has been mentioned here. You are not telling them anything new by putting it in a new thread. If nothing had been done about it yet that’s because they haven’t been able to do anything about it yet, and maybe you need to exhibit patience of your own. The game is going nowhere. Go play something else and come back later when they’ve had a chance to fix it for you.

3 Likes