HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform: [PC/EGS]

Description: When using Instinct, Emetic Poison Vial is shortened to its cap.

Steps to reproduce: Collect a bottle of Emetic Poison Vial and step in your safehouse. Lethal and Sedative poison vial also work like that.

Frequency: It IS there.

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Steam)

Description: In Freelancer mode, I chose the Prestige Objective “Pacify - Baseball Bat”. Knowing there is already a Baseball Bat in Santa Fortuna in the exhibition room of the Delgado mansion, I intentionally didn’t bring my Baseball Bat.
But it apparently doesn’t work because the item is not named “Baseball Bat” but “Collector’s Baseball Bat

3 Likes

Platform:PC
Description:
pass through the pipe
Occurs in modes other than freelance
Frequency:every time

Platform: PC
Digital, Epic Games Patch 3.140.0 (Freelancer launch patch)

Location: Any (in Freelancer mode, haven’t tried anything outside of it)

Description: EXTREME framerate drops after extended play spanning multiple destinations.

Specifically, extreme VRAM usage, showing signs of not being properly disposed/flushed, of the variety that would suggest a memory leak. Restarting the game fixes the problem, but having to keep doing this throws a spanner in the finely tuned Hitman WOA machine!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Play for awhile (in my case exclusively Freelancer).
  3. Play over multiple destinations (thus loading up the VRAM with more and more assets)
  4. The VRAM will cap out (in my case 6GB) and not get flushed, causing my FPS to drop in even the tiniest and smallest of levels.
  5. Restarting the game fixes everything, and a return to the tiniest and smallest of levels and my framerate is back to buttery smooth again.

Frequency: (Did it happen once, or lots of times, and does it ALWAYS happen?)

ALWAYS happens, and apparently not just for me, I would call this a critical bug, considering that many at Reddit are also having this exact problem. HiTMAN: search results - vram (reddit.com). I would assume that the average PC player might not know why this is happening so I felt a special obligation as someone who understands the pitfalls of memory leakage to make sure I reported it in a big way!

3 Likes

Platform: Steam
Description: The Goldballer in Freelancer seems to be the makeshift Goldballer in Medoza instead of the acquirable Goldballer in Romania.
Frequency: Always

5 Likes

Platform: Steam
Description: There are some light problem in the Morgue of Hokkaido and Crows’ Basement of Mumbai.
Frequency: Sometimes

I think thay may be intentional. Maybe. I hope so, I want to get hold of both of these beauties.

I hope they can add more weapons and tools over several upcoming updates, like Floral Baller and Iceballer.

1 Like

Problem: Crashing

Platform: PC, Steam

Description: I’m playing freelancer with 3 tragets on the map and entering and exiting the restaurant will crash the game. Its happened 3 times in a row now after completing all the objectives and going through it. I don’t know what exactly could be triggering it since there’s nothing out of ordinary going on, but the objectives i’ve done everytime is take out one target at the roof of Hush’s antenna and two targets in the lower (tier 2) security room of the ICA facility. I also blew up the safe everytime in the recruitmenet room of Hush’s building. I haven’t had this game crash once on PC before this.

Platform: PS5 (could be all)
Map: Dubai
Freelancer mode

You can apparently just spawn right in the sight of an alert guard, rendering the mission pretty much in an instant failure if you aren’t some kind of Speedrun god

1 Like

Platform : Xbox

Freelancer mode

There seems to be something wrong with challenge progression pop-ups, that keep appearing when starting a mission or when entering the hideout. Even though there is no progression they pop up as if there was.

2 Likes

God yes that’s annoying!!!

Yes, very annoying, though I think it’s because the game keeps re-loading/re-checking your safehouse inventory every time you load into or out of the house and bring items with you… I just wish it did that in the background at least…

1 Like

Platform: PS5 Digital (Most likely all platforms)

Description : Picked up Rusty old nail outside the Safehouse in Freelancer, unable to drop it. Known bug since CTT.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load into Freelancer.
  2. Pick up Rusty old nail near the shed.

Frequency : Always

7 Likes

PS5
FREELANCER

When a suspect that is not the target drops an item that is an explosive, the detonator can be labelled that it’s for Napoleon blownapart but visually the item will look like a remote Car Bomb.

2 Likes

Platform: PS5

Description: I walked too close to the main street exit (near Rangan’s tower) before killing any syndicate members and a window popped up asking if i was sure i wanted to exit but there was no option to say no or cancel or back out of the window so i was forced to abandon and fail the mission before even attempting

Steps to produce: (not reproduce seeing it isn’t the kind of bug i’d like to repeat)

1. Load a freelancer contract in Mumbai
  2. started the mission outside Rangan’s tower
  3. Accidentally walked close enough to the main street exit nearby that the game thought i wanted to exit
  4. Window popped up “are you sure you want to exit without killing target?”
  5. Only possible option to select was “yes”
  6. mission failed
2 Likes

Bug 1:

Description: Can’t redecorate the kitchen painting. Interacting with prompt breaks all other interactions in the house. You can exit to menu, but can’t get back into Freelancer. The whole game needs to be shut down.

Frequency : Seems to be an issue with the proximity to cleaning the counter prompt? I was able to successfully change painting by going into instinct right after coming out from behind the fridge and walking to the location of the prompt.

Steps to produce:

1. Load into Freelancer. Try redecorating the kitchen by interacting with the “Redecorate” prompt. Nothing happens.
  2. Try instinct. Doesn’t work.
  3. Interact with the box in the basement to see the camera go all wonky.
  4. Interact with the map to not only see you can move 47, which causes the camera to go away from the map, and you can no longer interact with anything.
  5. Go to pause menu and select “Exit to Main Menu”
  6. Try starting Freelancer

Bug 2:

Description: After finishing a level, if you bring back a two-handed weapon (Maybe you need two two- handed weapons?), you can’t skip the camera zoom out from the map with the space bar. You can however shoot that two handed gun with the left mouse button.

Steps to produce:

1. Load into Freelancer.
  2. Play a level. Bring a two-handed weapon. Or acquire one while playing.
  3. Beat level having a two-handed weapon (or two?)
  4. When back at safe house you can’t skip the camera zoom out from the map.
  5. Shoot your gun while the camera slowly zooms out.
11 Likes

Bug:

Description: Cannot move the mouse down past the YES button, the cursor continuously resets back to the center of the screen.

Frequency : All the time.

Steps to produce:
Go into the locations map, when the game pops up with Continue campaign, Are you sure?
Try clicking Yes, and the cursor will jump up and away.
You may need to have two monitors. I use 3440x1440 on the left, and 1920x1080 on the right.
RTX2080, Win11

3 Likes