HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

PS5
Freelancer

“Silent Assassin - No Firearms” prestige objective allows you to use dart guns without failing it, while the plain “No Firearms” objective does not. The inconsistency should be fixed.

4 Likes

This happens with one monitor as well, on Linux. Sometimes letting the game do nothing for a few seconds after the prompt shows up, I can then freely move the mouse around.

I’m sure this is not intended. On Add-On tab in Epic Games Store, I can see the some of the price is quite unreasonable. MYR 3350 is equivalent to USD 789.35. I believe this is an error. Maybe IO intended it to be MYR 35.50 which is only USD 7.89 ?
Here are the Add-ons affected.

• Hitman 3: Seven Deadly Sins Collection
  • Hitman 3 Access Pass : Hitman 2 Expansion
  • Hitman 3 - Deluxe Pack
EDIT : It was fixed. Thank you IOI & EGS

6 Likes

Platform: PC - Steam

Description : Not only can´t costumize the kitchen, but also can´t do anything else then exit the gamemode

Steps to reproduce:

1.Start the game

2.Load freelancer

3.Go to the kitchen

4.Try to make changes

Frequency : It always happens when I try it.

2 Likes

Platform: Steam
Issue(s):
This was present in CTT too, unlocked kitchen decoration, upon trying soft locks the game, forced to quit to main menu, which brings to the second part of this problem:
The game stays online, however fails to load back to freelancer, but storymode is unaffected. Only completely quitting the game solves the problem.

So far I’ve encountered just one prestige goal, that wasn’t registering as completed, but there might be more.
The prestige goal was to use an epic meele item on a target with silent takedown.
I had 4 syndicate member, also the supplier sold me asaber, which happened to be an epic item. Upon using silent takedown, the goal didn’t registered as completed, later on it showed up as failed on the debriefing screen.

1 Like

Platform: Steam

Description: The Ancestral Sniper Rifle has piercing when it shouldn’t have any.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Bring The Ancestral Sniper Rifle to any mission
  2. Shoot any 2 NPC’s that are overlapping each other with the rifle.

Frequency: Always

(PS: Please don’t keep the piercing perk and add it to the rifle description, we already have several other piercing rifles!)

7 Likes

Platform: PC, Steam

Description: Like in the Chasing a Ghost mission, the exits on the streets cause 47 to immediately leave a mission if he gets close to them. With Freelancer’s exits always active, this can cause a player to accidentally fail a mission by exiting early. The “confirmation” for exiting also works strangely, as described in Steps to Reproduce.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load Mumbai in Freelancer mode.
  2. Before eliminating all targets, go to one of the streets exits at the edges of the map.
  3. When you get close, the game will show the same “Are you sure?” prompt that appears when interacting with other exits, but the only option is “OK”
  4. 47 will not exit the map when OK is selected, but will if he gets too close to the exit symbol, failing the mission or campaign.

Extra Note: In Contracts mode, the streets in Mumbai require an interaction like other exits. Applying this to the Freelancer game mode as well seems like a good solution.

5 Likes

Platform: PS4

Description: Accident Collateral Kill Prestige challenge not popping when it should.

Steps to reproduce/frequency: Happened once, I completed the challenge later in the same mission using a throwable propane tank with a different target.

Video:

1 Like

Platform: PS5 digital version

Description: I was going through the mission story to kill Francesca de Santis as Roberto when she froze in place. The game had autosaved while she was talking and just before the poison took effect. When I reloaded the save, she froze in place just before she fell sick so I had to restart from an earlier autosave.

Steps to Reproduce:
Autosave is at random so I can’t exactly reproduce when it happened.

Frequency: Only once so far.

This is a link to the video showcasing the bug. I have no idea how else to upload videos here so a google drive link will have to do.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14rticacOznQLVGuHeq38LeoiNf5q-4Tb/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Platform: Xbox One

Description: The DAK X2 Covert may have been mistakenly renamed from “DAK X2 Covert” to “DAK X2 Covert Special” by accident. It was also renamed mistakenly as well in the mastery tab for Mumbai.

Frequency: Probably most of the time, I’m assuming.

4 Likes

Freelancer Mode Bug Report

PS4

Safe house

Rusty Nail and Rusty Crowbar

Neither of these items is interactable for me. However, have seen posts where others can pick them up, just not drop them. So perhaps it is a good thing?

Emetic Mushroom works just fine. Tastes terrible though.

Xbix one. Santa Fortuna and Colorado. Freelancer. Not giving points for collateral kills. I made sure it was the target and 1 non target in an explosion. It said fail. I did EXACTLY what it said. How did I fail???

1 Like

Platform: PC
Description: Picking up Sawed-off Bartoli 12G from crate nearby security room in pirate hideout does not transfer it into player’s inventory, when returned with it home.

Description: Magnesium Pouch does not count as flash device in objective “Blind Guards”, despite the fact it is supposed to be one.

Platform: PS5 digital version

Description:
sometimes when you bring on the mission weapons that requires a briefcase and then you complete the mission and exit with the briefcase you apparently lose that gun. It’s happened to me with the legendary sieger 300 ghost and with a shotgun, both times exited the mission complete with the briefcase and the weapon inside, it’s starting to get a little boring.

Steps to Reproduce:
Pick a sniper rifle or a gun that requires a briefcase, finish the mission and exit with the briefcase and hope that you’ll see that weapon in your safehouse.

Frequency: 2 times so far.

Okay so i did some digging in to this issue seeing as ioi are radio silence to me and was able to start the game in offline mode and the gold briefcase appears. It must have something to do with the information the game is pulling from the server as it recognizes that its unlocked in offline mode. ioi if your still reading these please can you investigate this for us?

Not sure if this where I should post this because its almost too stupid to be a bug, but selecting “Exit to Main Menu” during a Freelancer mission does NOT infact take you to the main menu, but back to your safe house with your active mission failed. Just lost a lot of merces, gear, and time because of this.
Not a game dev but if you IOI folks are having trouble, having accurate menu options is usually something a piece of operational software should have, if guys want to give it a whirl :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Steam)

Description: The wine drinking animation in the kitchen seems a bit broken. When leaving the animation, instead of placing the glass fluidly back on the table like usual, 47 gets “stuck” in the process and the glass “teleports” on the table and 47´s hand switches to his idle position. The sound of it being placed can be heard before it appears back on the table.
Steps to Reproduce: Enter and then exit the drinking animation in the kitchen.
Frequency: Always.

Description: The yoga instructor disguise has a clipping issue on the inside of the left leg when walking/running.

Description: The mansion guard disguise has a clipping issue on the gun straps when moving a body.

4 Likes

Platform: PC (Epic)

Description: Since the Freelancer update, my save data fails to sync automatically with the Epic cloud. Each time I launch HITMAN, I have to manually select to upload my local save data.

Steps to Reproduce: Launch the game.

Frequency: Always.

Platform: PC (Epic)

Description: Approach the NPC from behind with a dart gun (any) and start the “silent kill” animation by pressing the button. The agent will kill the NPC with a burst of shots, although there are only 2 non-lethal rounds in the charge.

1 Like

Freelancer Mode Bug

PS4

Optional Objective: No Witnesses

This happened to me in Morocco. Lady on the rooftop in white spotted me and became a Witness. Drew her down the steps, knocked her out.

Proceeded to knock out, without being spotted, the two guards on the roof.

Placed all in crates.

Witness count did NOT clear.

This also happened on a Mr.Freeze livestream in Sapienza, with Silvio Caruso and his two guards. So it is probably on all platforms and more than one map.