HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Since the good one has already been patched I’d personally rather that one be patched too. It’d give me the push I need to actually learn how to get out of the mansion and past all the NPCs without cheesing. I should do it anyway really but it’s a little too hard to resist saving that time and effort. Feels like the existing ledge drop patches are a half measure that makes things more inconvenient without actually fixing the design flaw introduced by them.

Platform: PC
Description: The Golden Contender Suit and The Gauze Suit do not get wet in rain
Frequency: Always

2 Likes

Platform:
PS5 digital

Description:
During the opening of the main mission on Haven Island, my handler Diana’s voice fades out and I cannot hear her.

Steps to reproduce:
Start the game.
Load the Haven island mission.
Watch the opening video for about 55 seconds.

Frequency:
This happens every time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkld8FVZJ1w

1 Like

Steam; PC
Dartmoom map
Freelancer mode

As in the screen shot. The suspect marker is showing in this area but there is nobody
with a suspect marker over their head. All show “no suspects here” in the camera.

It’s only this once, but I’ll need to restart b/c I’ve killed all possible suspects and non were the target.
Either one was and it’s a glitch or the target-suspect on the map is the actual target and is somehow glitched. Either way this is a bug…

It’s after 4am and I’m too tired to fire up OBS for a video clip too.

I killed both guards and neither was a suspect nor a target and the purple X remains on the map.

1 Like

Platform: Xbox One Digital

Description:

Since the new Freelancer update the Sieker and Kalmer darts are no longer exchangeable with each other. At first I thought this was only in the Freelancer mode, but now it is in the regular game mode as well.
I’m not sure if this was intentional, but because this was ‘tolerated’ for years, this now ‘breaks’ custom contracts and I’m pretty sure it ‘breaks’ some featured contracts too.

The idea was that if you bring in a Kalmer next to a Sieker, you can have 3 Sieker darts (and if you bring two Kalmers you can even have 4 Sieker darts!).

So please consider to restore this, or else consider to make a second Sieker gun unlockable.
Maybe you could make it an unlockable with the “Top Dog” challenge, so that people really have to work hard to obtain it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No

you’ve stated above that due to the bug/potential change for the worst that it’s necessary for some FCs so having it locked behind a long and grueling marathon of a challenge is not the smartest move

2 Likes

I agree. I also don’t see in general why there should be a need to have people work really hard for an unlock. We didn’t have to work really hard for the first Sieker or the two Kalmers.

I’m in favour of just implementing another challenge for it like they did with all the recently added unlocks.

2 Likes

Platform:
PS5 digital

Description:
After assassinating the target by overflowing the sink and throwing in a car battery,
I electrocuted myself because the electricity remained in the watering hole indefinitely.
Also, the graphic of the water field does not match the actual extent of the electric shock.
Since there is no way to visually confirm this, it is easy to get oneself caught in the middle.

Steps to reproduce:
1.Overflowing water in a sink somewhere.
2.Throw a car battery into a body of water.
3.Assassinate one target.
4.The water field remains charged.

Frequency:
Occasionally it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/live/Ll7Q9URs-C8?feature=share&t=927

1 Like

Yeah that one sink is one of those bullshit type, they have a unrealistic electricity size and i have actually been (iirc) electrocuted on the stairs too!

I don’t know why the electricity stayed though, did he have a taser on him? (That’s the only thing i can think of)

1 Like

Steam
Elusive Target Arcade

If you kill a non-target, the red “Non-Target Kill” XP text doesn’t appear on-screen in any Arcade contract. All others which appear in white (ie “Guard Headshot” or “Fresh Disguise”) still appear.

The objective was a remote explosion kill and I took the Intercepted Package from a suspect.
Description says it’s an explosive, evidently a remote explosive.
But killing a target with it doesn’t count as a screenshot says.
Overlook which should be rectified
@Travis_IOI @Clemens_IOI

6 Likes

yeah for whatever reason this challenge only seems to recognise remote explosives in the form of an item you can bring from the safe house or the occasional regular ‘remote explosive’ that can be found on some maps
definitely an oversight by IO - if you’re gonna implement this cool feature of suspects carrying potentially useful items then it’d make sense that these items should be coded in a way that the game recognises their use towards challenges and objectives

5 Likes

Freelancer, Haven Island.
Objective - Hide Target Bodies, done by dumping three into the ocean and one into the crate.
Objective failed. Apparently dumping bodies into the ocean doesn’t register as hidden.
Bug

3 Likes

Steam; PC
Freelancer Mode
Dartmoore map
Killed, non-target suspect remains on map with bright purple icon; body vanished.

I think I might have reported this type of bug before. Where a non-target suspect killed
and placed in a crate continues to show on the map. This one the body vanished too.

I killed a non-target suspect. I looked on the map for other suspects and the killed
character was still showing and when I looked for the body it was missing / vanished.

Platform: Steam Deck / Digital

Description : Unable to start game on Steam Deck using keyboard and mouse.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. On launcher screen click start (using mouse)
  3. You will see the start screen and flashing text “PRESS [Return] TO PLAY”
  4. Try to press “Enter” button on keyboard
  5. No effect

Frequency : I was able to start game several times. Also the error is not reproduced in desktop mode.

PS5
All locations (I assume - I observed this in Freelancer/Dubai)

While hiding in a closet/bin and holding a briefcase, if you go into your inventory and equip an item that 47 holds with both hands (ie the Golden Sawed-Off Bartoli 12G) this will cause the usual action of 47 to drop the briefcase. However he drops it INSIDE the closet/bin making it impossible to pick it up again.

1 Like

Platform: [Xbox Series X]
Disc or digital: Digital

Description: Crowbar falls through world and is lost forever

Steps to reproduce:

1. Bring the ICA Crowbar (freelancer tool) on a mission
  2. Throw it at an AI to knock them out.
  3. Observe that sometimes, the crowbar will fall through the world and be lost forever (very frustrating in Freelancer!).

Frequency: Has happened to me 5-10 times.

I have video captures of this, but don’t have an easy way to upload them and don’t see where to attach them to a post.

2 Likes

You can just record it on xbox then upload to Onedrive

Description:

In Freelancer, when you use the ‘melee’ way to kill a NPC with a concealable SMG it does not fail the “Headshot Kills Only” objective.

Description:

In Freelancer, the xp reward for “Hide Target Bodies” is broken.

When you manage to succesfully hide the bodies the Payout objective registers twice, so you get 2000 xp in total.
However, when you manage to complete all other Payout/Prestige objectives you won’t get the “Perfect Run Bonus”.
If you purposefully fail one of the other Payout objectives, strangely enough you will get the “Perfect Run Bonus”.

So, summarized:

All objectives complete:
Payout objectives 4000 xp (as “Hide target bodies” registered twice)
Prestige objectives 2000 xp
Perfect run bonus 0 xp
Total 6000xp

One other Payout objective failed:
Payout objectives 3000 xp (as “Hide target bodies” registered twice)
Prestige objectives 2000 xp
Perfect run bonus 2500 xp
Total 7500 xp

So to conlcude, if you want to maximize your score, you should deliberately fail one other Payout objective :slight_smile:

2 Likes