HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform:ps4 digital
Problem: the white ninja suit is a illegal item to wear in all of Hokkaido just like the normal black ninja
Frequency: all the time
Steps to recreate:
1:in the planning screen select the white ninja as your suit
2:press play
3:walk around and got shot at

Platform: PS5 Digital
Description:
Unable to unlock the trophy No Stone Unturned
Discover Dartmoor challenge has been completed
Mission mastery is 20/20
I did not play this level in any game modes prior to the story mission
Unable to receive platinum due to this bug.

Just want to re-flag the issue that the mission story-related trophies on PS4/5 still are not unlocking after today’s patch. “Full House,” “Rich Harvest,” and so on. I know the team has said the issues are only partially fixed, but just posting it in here as confirmation!

5 Likes

Platform: Xbox Series X
Problem: The Challenge: The Classics / The Classics does not trigger despite the 4/4 constituent objectives having been achieved.
Steps to recreate:
Hard to say, the problem started on launch day and I’ve got maybe 200 hours under the hood by now. Someone suggesting wiping it and starting again. That’s not a solution I’m relaxed about.
Disappointing to see that patch 3.11 appears not to have resolved. I even replayed a Paris SASO and Sniper mission cleanly to re-trigger the challenges with no luck.

Hitman 3 bugs still present after the February 23rd Patch or were introduced by the update itself.

UNLOCKABLE EQUIPMENT BUGS

1) Claw Hammer & Jaeger 7 Covert are missing from location mastery, escalation rewards, and featured contract challenges. They are impossible for new players to unlock. [ STILL BUGGED ]

2) Tiers 3 & 5 for Featured Contracts - Track 2 are missing their rewards, and Tier 4 is reusing the DAK Gold Covert that is suppose to be a Deluxe Edition exclusive. [ PATCHED ]

There are several much-requested items like the ICA19 Goldballer & Screwdriver (Agent) that could serve as replacement unlocks here or elsewhere.

3) The ICA19 Chrome, The Pale Duck & Requiem Suit are still missing for players. [ PATCHED ]

4) The Remote Semtex Demo Block MK III can be found on Agent Chamberlain in Berlin. However, it is NOT an unlock in Hitman 3. This is a deviation from Hitman 1 & 2, where each game provided an unlockable Demo Block in both proximity and remote varieties. [ PATCHED ]

INVENTORY MENU UI BUGS

1) The inventory image for the Masamune uses a generic katana. It should be updated to reflect its beautiful in-game model. [ STILL BUGGED ]

2) I’ve reported this for a couple of years now, but the Small Goldbar is STILL incorrectly placed as the only melee item in the Gear section of the Inventory Menu. It should be organized next to the other melee items in the Weapons section of the Inventory Menu like it is during missing planning. [ STILL BUGGED ]

(Melee unlocks like the Blueberry Muffin & Fish were also bugged just like this in the past but were fixed as time went on.)

Observe how the Small Goldbar is next to the other melee unlocks in the Weapons section of the menu during mission planning, which is CORRECT:

Now observe how the Small Goldbar is the only melee weapon in the Gear section of the Inventory Menu in the Career Tab, which is WRONG:

3) The inventory images for the ICA Remote Explosive MK II & ICA Remote Explosive MK III are incorrect because they don’t resemble their unique in-game models. As a result, it’s hard to tell them apart in the inventory menu at first glance. [ PATCHED ]

The inventory image for the ICA Remote Explosive MK II:

Now compare that to the in-game model for the ICA Remote Explosive MK II:

The same applies to the ICA Remote Explosive MK III. Here is its inventory image:

Now observe the very different in-game model for the ICA Remote Explosive MK III:

4) The Number Six With Gloves has the wrong inventory description. It’s reusing the one for the Ashen Suit With Gloves. [ STILL BUGGED ]

5) The HWK21 Pale, ICA DTI Stealth, DAK Black Covert & DAK Gold Covert are all missing the “Suppressor” attribute icon when viewed in the inventory menu. [ PATCHED ]

6) The Emetic, Sedative, and Poison Vials that you get through Hitman 3 location mastery should have their names tweaked to differentiate them from the Hitman 1 vials. [ STILL BUGGED ]

For example, the “Emetic Poison Vial” from Dubai should be renamed “Emetic Poison Vial MKIII” OR “Emetic Poison Bottle.” Same goes for the Sedative Vial from Dartmoor and the Lethal Vial from Berlin. The Lethal Pills from the Classic Challenges Track also share the same name as the Lethal Pills unlocked on Whittleton Creek.

Hitman 3 version of the consumable Emetic Poison:

Hitman 1 version with the exact same name:

WEAPON PERFORMANCE BUGS

1) The ICA Woodsman Rifle Covert & The Golden Dragon sniper rifles are both listed as having the “Piercing” attribute but neither can penetrate bodies. [ PATCHED ]

2) The Druzhina 34 ICA Arctic no longer has the slow-mo ability, but the weapon still has the “Marksman” attribute listed. I believe this was done in error after removing the wallbang ammo. [ STILL BUGGED ]

3) There are several melee weapons that are missing their sounds when you attack an NPC. Depending on the weapon, the animation emits no noise when you hit an NPC from behind with a stealth attack or when attacking from the front, or in some cases, the weapon in question is missing all of their sounds when attacking from any direction. [ STILL BUGGED ]

After extensive testing, these are the buggy sounding melee weapons:

1. Antique Curved Knife
  2. Meaty Bone
  3. Sacrificial Knife
  4. The Black Almond’s Dagger
  5. Handyman Wrench

4) The ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert we get from Level 5 location mastery on Carpathian Mountains is an inferior and completely redundant unlock compared to the ICA Tactical Shotgun Covert we get from Featured Contracts - Track 2, Tier 2. The white version of the shotgun comes with little ammo (4 or 11 rounds) and should be replaced with another unlock. [ STILL BUGGED ]

ONLINE CONTENT BUGS

1) The Phoenix Ascension escalation is missing for Xbox & PC players. [ PATCHED ]

2) User Contracts made in Mendoza before the February patch still boot players offline when selected. [ PATCHED ]

IN-GAME MISSION BUGS

1) During the Ark Society, Lucas Grey is missing during the cutscene that plays when selecting the Harbor starting location. You can observe the boat driving away with no driver. [ STILL BUGGED ]

2) During the Gilded Cage, the Prisoner disguise is missing its hood. [ PATCHED ]

3) Agent 47’s head constantly clips through the hood of The Arkian Tuxedo on every map, and the Elite Guard disguise found on the Ark Society. [ PATCHED ]

4) The Exit Music has trouble playing when finishing escalations or user contracts on several maps, especially if you exit quickly. This most prominently occurs on Miami’s user contracts. [ PATCHED ]

MISSION MENU UI BUGS

1) The Bonus Missions for Hitman 1 are labeled as “Seasonal Content” in mission planning instead of “Bonus Mission.” [ PATCHED ]

2) After finishing “The Final Test,” there is no next mission on the debrief screen to continue the story (even when H1 & H2 are downloaded). [ NOT A BUG ]

"The Showstopper" should be suggested next to continue the campaign. This is done correctly by the other bookend missions. “Situs Inversus” suggests “Nightcall” next, and “The Last Resort” suggests “On Top of the World” to be played next.

3) On the stats page, the little rectangle-like shapes that represent your mastery level become unlit after you unlock 100% of the challenges for that location. [ STILL BUGGED ]

(I believe this was a bug way back in Hitman 2 on launch but was eventually patched.)

Observe how I’m Level 20 for two different locations, but the one with 100% challenges has unlit rectangles.

4) The ending cutscenes for Golden Handshake & The Last Resort should be added to the Campaign menu, so they can be replayed at any time. IOI did this in the past by adding the “Hidden Hand” cutscene for Hitman (2016) months after Colorado’s initial release. [ STILL BUGGED ]

19 Likes

Platform: Xbox Series X

I’m not sure if it is a bug, but I noticed that the sapienza challenge list has many duplicates of piano man, hold my hair, straight shot, someone could hurt themselves, and some others as well.

I also noticed some challenges will not unlock even after completing the requirements for them such as the showstopper challenge in Paris.

You’re probably seeing the separate challenges for World of Tomorrow, The Icon, Landslide and The Author. They each have their own set of Versatile Assassin challenges, so four versions of each show up on the main Sapienza page.

3 Likes

The cocaine brick is destroyed after submitting Delgado, avoiding obtaining the relevant challenge:(One Kilo Brick).

1 Like

PS5
Dubai

At the point where the assassin is that you can disguise yourself as a meet with Carl, where he is found standing by the frisk point, there are two walls each with a small potted plant in front of them. These walls are not solid and 47 can walk through them.

Platform: PC EGS
Description:
Even after patch several achievements and challenges are broken.

Nothing as it seems challenge in Dartmoor still can’t be unlocked.
Shortcut: Facility Elevator Shaft challenge in Chongqing still won’t unlock though the shortcut itself is open.

Icebreaker achievement in EGS still wont unlock though all story missions in Chongqing are finished.
Silent Sniper achievement in EGS is broken. I’ve got SA rating in Himmelstein two times today, but no achievement.

1 Like

I also have this issue, I’ve also seen others mentioning it on other sniper maps and after thorough investigation, I believe this is caused by the leaderboards. The leaderboard for Siberia refuses to load for me and at the end of the mission I always get an error and am forced offline, losing all XP gain in the process permanently locking me at 14/20 mastery.

Platform: PS4
Steps to reproduce:
1: Start Hitman 3
2: Check Siberia leaderboards which don’t load
3: Play through the Siberia level (Silently or just shoot both targets, start the riot and sit there, results are the same)
4: Get an error as soon as your score should be shown on screen and forced into offline mode.

As you can see this issue isn’t just for a few players and seems rather major, yet hasn’t been mentioned at all so just wanted to repost it so it doesn’t end up under the radar.

2 Likes

Platform: PC

There continues to be bugs in Contracts mode in Berlin, where doing the proper kill method isn’t properly registered in the objectives menu. Previously, it was poisoning Lowenthal’s food delivery doesn’t count as a poison kill.

This time, falling objects aren’t properly registered. I made a contract to eliminate 5 targets with the 5 bags of bricks, but sometimes the kill method isn’t registered on 1 or 2 of the targets, even when they were killed with a falling bag of bricks. The problem seems to occur if I kill them in a “distracted” or “alerted” mode, but the kill method usually registers correct if the target is in their default state.

See video below for an example of the problem. You can clearly see the bag of bricks falling on the target, yet the menu screens shows a red X for the elimination method, despite the correct elimination method being used.

1 Like

Platform: PC, Epic Games (digital) - Deluxe Edition

Description: DISCOVER DARTMOOR challenge does not pop for me. I´m stuck at 21/22 and I just can´t complete it. There is a bug involving the library location. It´s been like this since January. I´ve visited the location many times, complete the mission…nothing. Last patch did not change anything for me. I have never played the “Contract Creation” mode, I discover all of the locations in story missions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the Dartmoor mission
  2. Visit the library
  3. Complete the mission
  4. Challenge does not pop

Frequency: Everytime

Here is what I see in the game (the marker is off and library is not listed on the map):

Not a bug.

There’s a secret that you’re missing. Without completely giving it away - maybe you should grab the cane from Emma’s room…

But if you want a spoiler, there is a switch than opens a secret door on the floor pretty much where your arrow pointing up is against the wall.

3 Likes

Thank you! Now I feel stupid :smile:. I took the cane, opened the secret room a found the last location…it´s the secret room, not the library. The challenge was immediately unlocked.

I am sorry for wasting your time, I really thought this was a bug. It´s just weird the world “library” is not written on the map.

1 Like

Yep. I got the same issue with the Full House trophy in Dartmoor. Every missions completed, but it won´t pop up. Because of this, I can´t get the Platinum trophy either…

Nice…A little reminding is always in place:)

That was awesome post for you! Maybe someone at ioi will read this and these things goes forward very soon. Or are we getting just another suit instead:)

1 Like

Oh my god what a game breaking bug :sleeping:

1 Like

Platform: PS5 - Deluxe Edition

Description: The music often stops when I enter a room. You can especially see it with the music when you have to exit the mission : once you change room, the music stops

Frequency: On every run I make, the music stops at least once. It can be quite annoying in Paris for example where the catwalk music stops and ruin the ambiance of the fashion show

This bug was already present when the game comes out but the last patch didn’t correct it