HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

I found a bit of a funny bug. If you pick the default location for the Isle of Sgail, Lucas Grey is not in the boat. It’s become a fully autonomous boat!

I guess they changed something with the model that produced this change?

I’ve been having similar issues on Xbox One. These types of achievements seem to unlock for me when I reload a save in the same level (reload Carpathian Mountains save file for Train Surfing). Hopefully it will work the same on Playstation.

Platform: PS4
Version: Digital Standard
Issue: I get disconnected from the server every time I eliminate a target. Whenever I eliminate a non-target I don’t get disconnected.
Steps to Reproduce: Eliminate any target on any map.

Note: I haven’t attempted the new ET yet because I don’t want to get disconnected during my attempt. Also, I will never attempt any ET until this issue is resolved.

Platform: PC (Epic, digital)

Description : These aren´t technically bugs, since I/we assume it´s intentional, but as it affects the overall experience with the game and would be worth fixing (one way or another), I feel like it should be posted here nonetheless.

Due to the lower rendering distance (and textures?) of certain objects/environments in H3, some of the skyscrapers (namely the glassed ones) in Miami, Mumbai, Marrakesh, and Bangkok look significantly worse than they did in H2. Quite terrible in some cases actually, compared to the surroundings. If they were far in the distance, it wouldn´t be that much of a problem, but in Miami and Mumbai, they are rather close (Marrakesh and Bangkok are somewhat less glaring in this regard as the buildings are further away). The detailed H2 look is still there only if you zoom in on them with a camera or sniper scope from a sufficient distance.

On a more general note, the rendering also affects the foliage visibility, which other people have raised as an issue (mainly due to the confusion of hiding bodies in it), and is another reason I´m posting this here.

Some of the prominent examples of this in Miami (comparing H2 and H3):

The Mumbai skyline (H2 and H3):

The Marrakesh skyline (H2 and H3):

And the Bangkok skyline, both day and night (H2 and H3):

For comparison, the Dubai skyscrapers don´t suffer from this and are rendered in the proper quality. Although you can see the (low quality) “Mumbai/Marrakesh/Bangkok tower” reused there far in the distance on the 2nd and 3rd picture.

Steps to reproduce: Play the levels.

Frequency : Always there, unless zoomed upon with camera/sniper or getting very close.

It would be nice if these got “fixed” back to their original quality, or if it was adjustable in the graphics settings.

3 Likes

Platform: PC
Description: SSR reflections are shown in two directions when SSR is enabled (all options except ‘OFF’)
Frequency: can’t say, it may be hard to notice depending on location and object. Very well seen on location where screenshot is made

Version & details: checked now on game version 3.11.0, bug exists since very day of launch. There are some other weird things happening in some places which I believe are caused by the same bug.

Platform : Ps5 digital
Description : shortcut not unlocking

Frequency : all the time

The shortcut I’ve opened is the wrong one on the challenge list and now when Ive opened the other one at the top of the lift the challenge does not unlock. This is stopping me from obtaining the platinum as its the last trophy I need. Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Join the club lol and then cry jk I’ve been waiting for my platinum trophy n them to fix the 3 bugs so I can get my last trophy :trophy: It’s for dartmoor even though I have all locations And a 100% it won’t give me the trophy for all locations there which is keeping me from getting my platinum because it’s the last trophy I need I also had a bug out in waiting for them to fix the challenge on the China level the Same thing happened to me and now I can’t get a 100% or complete the challenge Because the doors are always open

3 Likes

Same. Just tried to do it again. No dice. I thought fixing this was part of the February patch.

1 Like

I have the same problem. It’s very frustating!

1 Like

No unfortunately I think it was strictly a fix for the vr but on the day it came out I went to the website after I looked up playstation updates and it wasn’t on there just the previous February it may be on there now I am not sure

The update info that is

Wish it also had a fancier description. The current one is almost the same as the regular katana.

2 Likes

Yup I am surprised they haven’t addressed this.

Platform: PS5

Frequency: All the time (tried 3 consecutive times)

Description: Delivery bike exit is bugged. 47 exits the bike before the rating screen and he just freezes there. You can’t do anything.

Platform: Xbox One Digital

Description: I unlocked the elevator shortcut and completed the challenge for it, but upon restarting the level the elevator shortcut was closed and the inner courtyard shortcut was open, preventing me from getting the challenge for opening that one. Thankfully, I was able to reload a save and open it.

Platform: PC, Epic Games store edition, RTX 2080, Intel Core i5-6500

Description: When 47 is wearing the Resort Staff outfit, his shadow displays incorrectly, with a visible seam between the top and bottom half of his body.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game.
  2. Begin a mission in Haven Island.
  3. Disguise yourself as a Resort Staff member.
  4. Stand somewhere where the sun is shining down at the right angle, I think my screenshot was taken on the beach near the restaurant.

Screenshot attached.

1 Like

I worry that this was some sort of necessary evil to reduce the filesize. Still, that wouldn’t prevent it from being an optional download or, if the assets are all still there, graphics setting for those of us with systems that can handle the extra detail.

1 Like

Yeah, think so. Agreed, an option in the graphics settings or a downloadable update for those who don´t mind sacrificing the extra disk space would be ideal.

This happens to me too, but I’m playing on PC.