HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

Platform: PS5 - Disc

Description : As already reported by someone else, it is currently impossible to complete “The Showstopper” Challenge and “In Plain Sight” Challenge for me too.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Paris mission
  3. Complete the “Lights Out” story mission
  4. Kill Viktor Novikov by dropping the lights on his head.
  5. Try to complete the Lights Out Challenge
  6. See that both challenges won’t unlock

Frequency : It always happens, tried different approaches but nothing

2 Likes

Platform: PC Digital

Description : Game stays in a black screen and then it crashes soon after pressing Play on the launcher.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Press Play at launcher
  2. Black screen appears then crashes

Frequency : Every time

EVGA RTX 3090
Ryzen 5 3600
NVIDIA Driver Version 461.33

1 Like

I have 3 achievements not unlocking on PS4.

1. Shortcut killer - I have found all shortcuts and it hasn’t popped.
  2. Rich Harvest - not sure about this… I have done 4 mission stories on Mendoza and the trophy hasn’t popped. Does this mean that there’s more hidden mission stories?
  3. the assassination challenge one for Mendoza - I believe that I’ve fulfilled the criteria by doing the 3 assassination challenges, but trophy hasn’t popped.

I only need these 3 for the platinum!

edit: I think I understand what’s going on. The only reason I’ve been able to play so much on ps4 is by deleting my local profile each time I play. If I didnt do this I would be in the same boat as other ps users. Doing this seems to reset my progress on shortcuts and challenges, so I have to do stuff in one session. For example, I just managed to unlock the Ripe for the picking mendoza bronze trophy (no. 3 on my original list) by doing the 3 assassination challenges in one session. It popped for me just now.

The problem with this though is the shortcut trophy… all my shortcuts are unlocked, and there is no way for me to reset them, so I have no idea how I’m going to unlock that particular trophy.

2 Likes

Mendoza

It seemed to trigger after I set off the alarm and open the security doors inside the security office. The two guards in the room never returned. One of the guards walks back towards security office and stops just before stepping inside and then running back where he came from.

Platform: PSVR on Ps4 digital
Description:
Right after cut scene of pushing Novikov into the river, instead of returning to VR from cinematic, instead goes to VR POV on a cinematic type display. At this camera can only move using the right thumbstick, and then only left / right, no up /down. Reloading save then starts in this cinematic display, not in actual VR (before closing game and restarting; after restarting VR is normal until pushing Novikov into river).

Steps to reproduce:
Close Hitman 3
Start Hitman 3
Reload save from just before pushing Novikov into river.
Push Novikov into river
Always goes to mongrel VR on cinematic POV.

PC, Hitman 1 Training Boat within Hitman 3

I have the loading bar onscreen all the time even when I’m running around the map and pausing the game.

I just encountered the same bug in offline mode.

Platform: [PC]

Description : A few missaligned items.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load these items, use them.

Frequency : Always.

Description : Aiming through sniper rifle makes suit texture LOD become low resolution. Before:

After:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Equip any disguise or suit
  2. Aim through sniper rifle
  3. Texture reduced

Description : Mirrors at Sapienza Barber have lightning bug

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to the barber

1 Like

**Platform: PC - Digital

Description : Sometime 47 jumps off the train

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Romania mission
  3. Climb onto the train
  4. Press jump down
1 Like

Platform: PS5, digital.

Description: Connection lost (your server) caused not to receive the golden briefcase (and maybe the golden MP???)but completed the challenge and added the points to my account. I also replayed and completed the mission again, deleted my local save files, restarted my console, played the PS4 version aswell but nothing has given me the golden briefcase which I had payed for in form of the deluxe edition.

Steps to reproduce: random, can’t be reproduced.

Frequency: very very rare.

Edit/update 24.01.2021:

Resolved, the challenge for the golden briefcase lost the checkmark so I did the escalation again and received the briefcase + golden mp

1 Like

Platform: Stadia

Description : “Grapes Of Wrath” challenge not popping

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Mendoza undercover as Winery Worker in the vineyard
  2. Pick up Grape Knife and pick two bunches of Grapes
  3. With Grapes selected from the inventory and ‘armed’ in 47’s hands, moving behind an NPC and choosing Pacify (Silent Attack) pacifies the NPC, squishing the Grapes on their head in the process, but the challenge does not complete
  4. Side-note: Bunch of Grapes locked on and thrown at an NPC’s head will not pacify them, but rather stun them (like a Muffin or an Apple etc). Presume this is intended behaviour but just mentioning it in case the Grapes Of Wrath challenge is actually only supposed to complete if an NPC is pacified with a thrown bunch of Grapes rather than a melee attack.

Frequency : Always

EDIT - as per @CamTheChest’s reply to my post, this challenge popped when I placed the Grapes as a slippery floor item like the Banana rather than in a melee or thrown attack, so this seems to be my error understanding the challenge rather than a bug to be fixed.

1 Like

Platform: XBOX X project Scorpio edition, CD Deluxe edition.

Description: Hello! I ran into a problem in H3. When I just started to play the game I noticed that 47 walks to the right randomly and without my participation. The game becomes really unplayable. The controller is fine as it works fine in other games. I will attach a video where the problem is clearly shown, and another video of my old H1 game where everything works fine. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Gofile (H3 with the issue)

Gofile (H1 working fine)

Steps to reproduce: random, generally when start moving.

Frequency: every time when start playing.

Platform: PC / Digital

Description : Herr Ziegler (dude with “allergy medicines”) never goes on the phone, and therefore never speaks to 47 about his “medicine”.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load the Berlin mission from the radio tower starting location.
  2. Approach Herr Ziegler.
  3. Wait nearby (nothing happen)

Frequency : Always happens from this starting location. If I start from the bus stop Herr Ziegler works as intended.

Platform: PS4 / Digital
Description: Problem about “Icebreaker Trophy”
I have done all the three mission stories at the “End Of An Era” but still, there is no trophy even I did those again.

2 Likes

Platform: PC digital

Description : “Unable to load requested menu” when trying to exit Chongqing after completing the mission. Using any exit, after the exit cinematic plays but before mission objectives and score are presented, I am told I have disconnected and have the option to stay in offline mode or retry. When I retry, I receive the message “Unable to load requested menu. Please retry the request, or contact HITMAN support if this problem persists.” No matter how many times I retry, the same message returns. If I exit the mission and return to online mode, I am connected immediately with no issues, but the problem returns when I try to exit the level again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Chongqing mission
  3. Complete mission objectives
  4. Attempt to exit the level (any exit)

Frequency : Happens consistently, even after reloading saves from multiple points in the level. (Have not tried a completely new playthrough yet.)

3 Likes

Platform: PC (Epic)

Description: All the laundry equipment is invisible and only the inside is visible. Only walked in normaly and noticed the bug.

Frequency: They are always gone

2 Likes

Platform: PC (Epic, Digital)

Description: Some birdcages are missing their attached chains, in the background there are more cages to be seen without a chain.

Frequency: They same cages are always missing their chains. Always happens, no matter reload of not.

Platform: PC
Description: Floating pipe.
Steps to reproduce: Play level. Go to location.
Frequency: All the time

2 Likes

Platform: PS4, digital

Description : I’m on the train car with the first fuse box for the lights. The next part has 2 guards hanging out inside. One of them randomly zips up onto the roof of the car when I look away. They don’t seem to do it when I’m close/watching, but following what I did in the video makes it happen 9 times out of 10.

Frequency : Often but not 100%

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to the train car in question
  2. Knock out the guard there & leave him out in the open (so you’re notified when the bug has happened, as the body gets found)
  3. Return to the previous section or climb over to the next one, not looking back for 20-30 seconds

(The video starts just after loading the same save file shown, for comparison with/without watching the guards)

Platform: PC (digital)

Description: The basic inventory items which come with the game (fiber wire, coins, 47’s Signature Suit, fish, ICA-19, etc.) are missing from my career inventory. When accessing the carrer inventory none of the aforementioned items appear.
As the fiber wire, coins, and ICA-19 are selected by default, they are availible on the first playthroughs of levels if not swapped out beforehand, but if clicked on, they still do not show up as selecteble items, as displayed in one of the attatched videos. Also, if the items in question were not swapped out and were used in the first playthrough of a level, upon returning to the mission those inventory slots are left empty, as displayed in the other attatched video.
Video 1
Video 2
Frecuency: Always, since first starting the game. Both restarting and reinstalling have not worked.

Not being able to use coins from the start makes missions difficult, and not having 47’s Signature Suit keeps me from being able to complete a number of escalation contracts.