HITMAN 3 - Bug Report Thread

I don’t know if it’s a bug or I made a mistake. I tried two times to get SA/SO in The Farewell (Mendoza), but in the end I didn’t

Same on the Series X. It’s more than just that one staircase too, but I don’t remember specifically which.

When performing a hanging pull kill on Carl Ingram, he won’t die. He’ll be knocked out and be OOB. Making him unkillable.

1 Like

Platform: PS4 Disc

Description: Can’t unlock the Inner Courtyard challenge while the shortcut is unlocked. Elevator Shaft challenge is unlocked but the shortcut itself keeps getting locked every time I replay.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Chongqing mission
  3. Unlock the Inner Courtyard Shortcut
  4. Unlock the Elevator Shaft Shortcut

Frequency: Permanent

I remeber 2 places where this happend for me in Hitman 3, never noticed it in the older games.
one was Hokkaido - Helicopter level, there I was detected through walls from NPC one level below
the other one was Haven Island - house at the upper west going down the outside stairs, there I was detected from NPC or target wandering one or two level above me.

adding 2 map pictures with marks, hope it helps.

Update 2021-03-30: Found another Spot in Hokkaido, on southern one I was detected from above, adding updated Hokkaido map with both spots

1 Like

Platform: [PS5 Disc]

Description : Bugged Trophy “Ripe For The Picking”

Steps to reproduce:

Trophy description says : Eliminatie Vidal with the grape crusher, Yates with poisoned Grand Paladin and both with gas. I have done all the corresponding challenges, they unlock but the trophy doesn’t.

Frequency : Redone challenges multiple times, trophy doesn’t unlock.

Am i doing something wrong?

This may be a feature, not a bug, but I still want to bring it to IOI’s attention.

In Chongqing, if you fire Sharon Reed, she’ll leave the ICA Data Facility to go hang out in the karaoke bar and dance under the disco ball. However, once 47 initiates the data core meltdown and causes all the ICA analysts to gather in a crowd outside the entrance, Sharon Reed will come back and join them.

Why? She was fired. It makes no logical sense she would leave the karaoke bar just to join her former coworkers in the crowd. I think if she’s fired and goes to the karaoke bar, she should stay there the rest of the game, despite whatever’s happening with the data core.

This isn’t a big deal for the normal mission, but it’s a minor issue over in the Fan-Made Contracts thread because Sharon’s odd behavior ruins what could have been an otherwise neat contract idea.

2 Likes

Windows 10, latest updates, RTX3080
I also have HDR problems, the contrasts are lower with HDR than SDR.
Weird is that Hitman1 legacy levels worked for me with perfect HDR at first, but now have the same issues. Hitman3 levels never worked for me with correct HDR.

The ICA19 and some other item (I think the normal fiber wire) can’t be smuggled, you can only get them at your carried equipment. No big deal though

Platform Series X

Location Mendoza

Description Giving Vargas the three bunches of grapes after he extends his hand but before he verbally asks for them causes him to get confused and not move for the rest of the mission, whereas if you wait for him to speak before giving him the grapes, he walks to the tour group and begins the tour.

Platform: [PS4]
Digital

Description : Cleaning Up challenge won’t be marked as completed

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Freedom Fighters mission is Colorado
  3. Complete the Unclean Story Mission
  4. Assassinate Sean Rose by drowning him in the water basin

Frequency : Always

Platform: [Xbox Series X] Digital

Description : Jittery animation during game play. Especially visible during slow camera movement – feels like framerate is slower and frametimes are uneven.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Start or load any mission
  3. Just run around and move camera.

Frequency : Always – all the time.

Link to video: Hitman 3 Xbox Series X Frametime Problem - YouTube

Platform: PC/Digitale

Description : my achievement ‘‘Shortcut: Facility Elevator shaft’’ stays locked but the door is open and my achivement ‘‘Shortcut by the inner courtyard’’ is unlocked but the door of ‘‘shortcut by the inner courtyard’’ stays closed. I even restarted the game and it was the same
I don’t recall ever unlocking ‘‘Shortcut: Facility Elevator shaft’’

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load the Chongqing misson
  3. unlock shortcut by the inner courtyard

Frequency : always

after killing the 3 musicians in Mendoza, they reappear alive. Ok IOI.

Message to the development team, when I want to make a civilian or a guard vomit, it’s basically to isolate them, not so that they go and throw up on the first trash can they find, and in front of all other people. Remove this from your code, it’s insufferable.

A person may show up in a toilet and choose to throw up in a trash can. Ridiculous. 90% of the time it goes like this.

Take for example your “haven” level where 95% of people will throw up in the toilet !!! maybe because there is no trash can in this level ?? Do something instead of creating costumes and other mk3 duplicate items, focus on urgently needed problems, it’s been like this for years.

Do you think players play story mode all the time?
No, we’re playing contract mode.

Correct also the problem of the emetic mine which is placed in a briefcase. Once triggered a PNJ will go and call a guard as what he found a weapon on the ground. This weapon is invisible and the guard remains indefinitely while doing the animation that 'he finds a gun on the ground. this problem has existed for years

Focus on these issues, it gets ridiculous.
(sorry for my bad english)

2 Likes

I both love and hate this at the same time. I hate that it in that the guard will get stuck in the weapon found loop. I love it in that it does counter the briefcase-emetic and causes me to be more creative in creating/playing contracts. One thing that replaying the H2 imported contracts showed me is the reliance on the electrocution phone, and using other methods has improved my gameplay.

That said, it is a real pain in ETs where you only have one shot to complete.

1 Like

Platform: PC

Description : Male Model, Evangelinaya, has clipping issues on the shirt sleeves that cover the wrists.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start the game
  2. Load Paris
  3. Observe Evangelinaya

Frequency : Always

1 Like

PS5
Unable to unlock the Semtex MkIII explosive from the FC Track 2, Tier 3 challenge because it was completed before the February patch when each run of a FC counted as a run.

4 Likes

If I uninstall the PhysX system software, this problem goes away. And it appears to reproduce with not only my 2070 Super, but also a 1060 that a friend loaned me. So perhaps it’s related to newer graphics cards not handlign PhysX correctly?

Platform: PC, but I assume it’s all of them
Description: Proximity and Remote blocks of explosives are spreaded around the menu, unlike other
explosives, which are put next to each other
Frequency: Always

Also not pictured: Trigger for remote semtex explosive is incorrectly called “C10 Remote explosive MK III” instead of CX like others.