Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

Yes, there had to be some conversation between the two to re-contact them. 47 must have been informed by Diana that she was re-establishing the ICA, but considering the fact that 47 wasn’t dead, it wouldn’t have taken long for him to figure out that Diana had done this to back-stab Cayne and save them both. Admitedly, it must have been awkward for Diana once they started doing missions again, but 47 could’ve refused to join back, or have Diana as his handler again. In the end, he knew she was the best fit for him, and vice-versa. They didn’t need to say anything at that point; 47 trusted Diana’s loyalty, and Diana trusted his. That shows how strong their commitment to one another was, as a team. My fan-canon is that Diana contacted him first, to see how he would respond. At that point, he just asked when he could get back to work, and Diana’s worries would be set at ease.
The same can be said for how they established contact with each other after disposing of Edwards: 47 knew that Diana’s ideals would force her to take any actions to cosy up to the Constant; so,whether 47 killed him or not, she was secured as the next Constant, because at that point Edwards thought she had finally been turned over. Yes, it did appear like she threw him under the bus, but at the same time, the whole mind sequence at the beginning was 47 rationalising the situation; he voiced his doubts, and Diana’s voice comforted him. Before Mendoza, 47 heard Olivia’s concerns and said “You don’t know her.” The phone call at the hut had 47 saying the past was dead, and that he chose to follow this new path because he wanted to, not for spite or revenge, but out of professionalism and friendship. It’s why I find 47 and Diana’s dialogue between each other in Absolution so jaded and unnatural; they know enough about each other that they need not say a word, both because they know how the conversation would go, and because they know they would both find it awkward. Maybe many years from the end of WOA, when Diana’s finally retired, and 47’s mind has been totally reverted, maybe they can have these talks. At the moment, however, I think neither are qualified to have these types of chats properly.

Well, I’m writing a stalled-for-the-moment short fanfic about the day before Freelancer starts when Diana brings 47 the dossiers for the campaigns and he brings the subject up to clear the air for good before they begin a new venture. I’ll show an example of what I mean when I finish and post it, but the two don’t need a long or deep discussion about it; it can be over in a minute. But given the importance of the matter, it’s a conversation I think they need to have and have before they begin again just to put away the last baggage there might be.

2 Likes

30 Likes

And I thought I was a tactless asshole!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I love that she emphasizes the “THAT”. :smiley:

2 Likes

She always does.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

3 Likes

Freelancer was supposed to come out in the spring IOI lied to us. Then they released it was going to be the first ever in the history of Hitman Game Series which i s a lie. The original Hitman games had that option because you could target practice in the Blood Money game. Silent Assassin you could blow up things like the shed with all the weapons.

Nobody lied, it did not work out as planned. They want to polish it some more. Do you want a buggy mode instead?

Are you from the future? Freelancer is not released.

16 Likes

I think they meant “released the info”, but the rest of it is still a bit unclear.

I’m pretty sure IO didn’t mean “it’s the first time we can play around with our weapons in our safehouse”, but the concept of Freelancer.

8 Likes

And/or this: “You can configure and customise the safehouse”

6 Likes

Im just excited to see if 47 can cook
zs9pqaay7we31

11 Likes

THAT is true (and Viktor Novikov, head of Sanguine … and ring leader of IAGO …)

2 Likes

They didn’t lie.I misspoke I apologize, they had something similar to Freelancer in the early Hitman games.

No they did not

5 Likes

We just don’t know exactly how it’s all gonna work. They have said we will have to buy guns similar to C47. That, of course, could all change. Maybe we can modify stuff like in BM? Maybe we have to keep completing contracts in order for 47 to have money to buy his morning coffee? Who knows?

The Church in Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -Classic
The Warehouse type place in Hitman1 Blood Money - Classic
Been a Hitman Game fan for years. Both places you can test and shoot weapons and blow stuff up. Like Freelancer
Freelance is just bigger map with more free roam.

Just because H2SA had a tiny little shed where the weapons you brought back got stored does not make it similar to the entire freelancer mode

3 Likes

I still don’t see how you think they lied? We couldn’t really customise anything in the previous games safe houses except removing the birds from the church and the rats from the BM one. So there will be something new at least.

1 Like

I was talking more lying about the release date when they first release a Year 2 Map for Hitman 3. It said Freelancer Spring 2022 and then again in February it said late Spring 2022. Yes the Freelancer mode will be better.

Dude they pushed back the release date… that’s like when your spouse asks when you’ll be home from the bar. There is a goal, and then life happens and you get yelled at for coming home late.

Also IO have a long history of taking delays with hitman releases so it shouldn’t really be a surprise.

8 Likes