Hitman 3 Graphics vs Hitman 2016

Just seeing the graphics of the Freelancer SafeHouse outside area makes H3 a superior game to the 2016 game in my opinion :grin:

1 Like

I’m mainly referring to the previous Hitman locations that were brought into Hitman 3. My focus is showing downgrades that did not need to happen. The LOD and certain physics have definitely been lessened. Other than that H3 looks very good and shows improvement in areas. H3 definitely looks it’s best when playing the missions that were designed for its own story, like Dubai, Mendoza, Berlin, etc.

4 Likes

I don’t take this as downgrade but as an optimalisation. Hitman 3 works much better, and overall feeling is also better. Of course if you stick to these details side by side H1 have better particulars, but it’s all about overall feeling and H3 do the job, there is a lot of greater lighting, shadows, effects - they just cut pointless details. It’s calls an optimalisation.

Compare H1 and H3 locations. It’s miles away from H1.

6 Likes

I miss the old lighting in hitman

3 Likes

You mean the worst one?

1 Like

well 2016 hitman lighting raiding

3 Likes

which worst one shade

1 Like

Orginal lighting from Paris, Colorado, Marakeeh was a mess, unrealistic - especially these Paris and Colorado.

4 Likes

well paris wasn’t that bad but italy map was very dark and like the bat cave

I actually loved Colorado’s purple-orange-red hue it has in 2016 i find the Hitman 3 and it’s orange-red hue imo ofc

2 Likes

Sure you do, but was just badly done, wasn’t look real

2 Likes

Yeah I see where you’re coming from to be fair :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Signature suit w/ gloves images in Sapienza. Hitman 2016, Hitman 2, and Hitman 3 in that order. Interestingly the suit still looks the most detailed in 2016. Screenshots in 4k with max supersampling. Quality may differ due to cropping and I think posting here lowers the resolution. Let me know which one you guys think looks the best. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

God GOTY 2016 had such a gross green tint to the sky

2 Likes

Tbf this is the goty version of 2016 with the lighting changes ioi did. The original lighting in Sapienza looked better. Idk if there is a way to revert back to the original, I would love to test it.

2 Likes

Lighting ultimate? Tho thats in H3

2 Likes

It’s got to be Hitman 3 that’s for sure! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s my first time hearing about that mod. Just checked out on nexus mods and right now its hidden by the author. I guess they are making changes to it.

3 Likes

So H1 levels were downgraded the most. What about H2? Is the experience in H3 engine the same? I don’t have a raytracing-capable rig - should I stick to H2 for better visual experience?

1 Like